This thread currently has 2,843 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
August 12, 2018, 7:31pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
The next two league games are against the two favourites for promotion, Lincoln and MKD. It should give us a good yardstick as to where we rank. So far in the two seasons in this division, we have been some distance from the top sides in terms of quality, and I don't think in general we have fared very well against them results-wise.

The two sides we have faced so far are both expected to finish in the bottom half. Personally, I would be happy with a total of 3 points in these two games (ideally against Lincoln!).

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
HertsGTFC
August 12, 2018, 8:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
I actually think the measure will be when we play everyone for the 2nd time this season rather than the first wave of fixtures.

Yesterday told me we are a side that’s a definite “work in progress” so I’d expect us to have mixed results pre Christmas then a more consistent finish to the season setting us up for 19/20.

We haven’t got the financial resources or parachute benefits of some of this seasons promotion favourites so making a comparison this early is a bit of a challenge.

What MJ is building will take us forward mid/long term and provide some sustainable success, I’m cool with that though I have to say like the Gimps I’d love a decent cup run to kick start things a bit.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
Townee82
August 12, 2018, 8:23pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
Lincolns cup run came about due to there route one into the corners and bombing over crosses , a plan that exploits the popular wing backs system .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
Maringer
August 12, 2018, 8:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
I can't really see why FGR should be considered as a bottom half team when they've got one of the biggest budgets and a strong squad. I'll be surprised if they aren't in the play-offs come the end of the season, especially as Vince is likely to splash out even more in January if they look like they are doing well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
chaos33
August 12, 2018, 8:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
I agree

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
GrimRob
August 12, 2018, 9:04pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Maringer
I can't really see why FGR should be considered as a bottom half team when they've got one of the biggest budgets and a strong squad. I'll be surprised if they aren't in the play-offs come the end of the season, especially as Vince is likely to splash out even more in January if they look like they are doing well.

Have to agree with you, but they are 4/1 to even finish in the top 7, a decent bet as it largely seems to be based upon their finishing position last year.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 14
Cloudy
August 12, 2018, 9:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I actually think the measure will be when we play everyone for the 2nd time this season rather than the first wave of fixtures.

Yesterday told me we are a side that’s a definite “work in progress” so I’d expect us to have mixed results pre Christmas then a more consistent finish to the season setting us up for 19/20.

We haven’t got the financial resources or parachute benefits of some of this seasons promotion favourites so making a comparison this early is a bit of a challenge.

What MJ is building will take us forward mid/long term and provide some sustainable success, I’m cool with that though I have to say like the Gimps I’d love a decent cup run to kick start things a bit.  

Parachute payments? Do clubs get parachute payments if they are relegated from League one?
Not saying you are wrong, just that I have never heard it before
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
forza ivano
August 12, 2018, 10:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Tbh if we get a point from the next 2 games it'll be a bonus
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
Swansea_Mariner
August 12, 2018, 10:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
I just hope there's not a melt down if we do lose the next two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
sydney
August 12, 2018, 11:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
We showed steel yesterday and played the ball to feet more than first game
Next two league games will be tuff but the players confidence will be good after one and all been clapped off on sat
We might nick something in next 2
Any news on roses ridiculous red card?
Come on Town more of yesterday please
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next two league games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.