August 12, 2018, 10:09am

Grimsby fan
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -234
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from moosey_club
What a difference in 7 days...4-5-1 slant on the formation today...gave the back line and midfield much more time on the ball....dominated first 45 mins...all to feet and patient in possession and pressed well out of possession.
Goal well deserved after a spell of good pressure and well worked and cracking strike from Cook.
Second half largely ruined by Rose's extremely harsh..neigh ridiculous sending off....
Credit to Jolly..made the sub around the right time and Vernam repaid the faith, first winning the ball in the corner channel and then mugging the keeper off at the near post.
Solid rear guard action second half with a strong first 45.
Well deserved cracking away result. UTM

You just need to change the bit at the bottom

Never be positive about town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
FrazerGTFC
August 12, 2018, 10:11am

Grimsby fan
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -234
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from moosey_club
What a difference in 7 days...4-5-1 slant on the formation today...gave the back line and midfield much more time on the ball....dominated first 45 mins...all to feet and patient in possession and pressed well out of possession.
Goal well deserved after a spell of good pressure and well worked and cracking strike from Cook.
Second half largely ruined by Rose's extremely harsh..neigh ridiculous sending off....
Credit to Jolly..made the sub around the right time and Vernam repaid the faith, first winning the ball in the corner channel and then mugging the keeper off at the near post.
Solid rear guard action second half with a strong first 45.
Well deserved cracking away result. UTM

You need to change at the bottom where it says 18/19 you need to put a W

Never be positive about town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
August 12, 2018, 10:15am
Guest User
The lads did great yesterday, very proud of them. A very well done to Paul Dixon, I have been critical of him and he was excellent yesterday. Can't believe the keeper was beaten at his near post!
Reply: 22 - 45
Ipswin
August 12, 2018, 10:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
What do you want me to say (something so that you can have a pop at me as my opinion differs from yours no doubt)

Good win yesterday just like the previous game was an awful defeat

I didn't see the game so can't or won't comment on it just as I didn't see the defeat last week and didn't comment on the performance or the players then either (check if you want!)

Otherwise nothing has changed. Last week every fornicator was at great pains to point out it was only one game, there were still 45 to play etc etc

The situation is unchanged, it was only one game and there are still 44 to play

Yesterday does not change my opinion of Jolley (if we continue to win then of course it might) one win does not make a season (just as one defeat does not ruin a season) we will be facing far more formidable opposition than Macclesfield

As I said last week, if the majority are more concerned with the type of football played and are content with a mid table position then great, alls well. Personally I would like more given the fanfare that signalled Jolley's appointment and (quite rightly) our escape from relegation.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
Hagrid
August 12, 2018, 11:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,372
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Father Christmas

Get back under your rock Hagrid. You need knocking down a peg or two, too much chirping off coming from you lately.

Mrs clause been cheating on you?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
Croxton
August 12, 2018, 11:11am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
I endorse all positive comments about the spirit and endeavour of the whole squad yesterday. Cook and Woolford had an excellent first 45 minutes but perhaps suffered from the extra workload following the sending off.
We had several options to bring fresh legs on well before Vernam's appearance. What an impact!
From a hundred yards away it seemed that there was heroic defending and goalkeeping. My Sheffield United supporting companion said it was highly entertaining.
Hopefully, the goose will make it onto the full highlights!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 45
chipsandgravy
August 12, 2018, 12:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 75
The lads did great yesterday, very proud of them. A very well done to Paul Dixon, I have been critical of him and he was excellent yesterday. Can't believe the keeper was beaten at his near post!

That's very magnanimous of you especially after joining the 'we're excrement after one game brigade' and predicting a 4-0 win to Macclesfield.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 45
KingstonMariner
August 12, 2018, 12:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Vernams goal summed up the never say die attitude yesterday he harassed the defender right to the corner flag won the ball ran direct towards the goal then coolly slotted it in from the narrowest of angles,

Would have been easy to just have kept the ball near the corner and waste some time(Slade, spit would have loved that)  but he saw the chance and took it.

So glad we signed Charlie he always looked a class act with brilliant work ethics.

Great reaction after he scored he will do for us.

It was a cracking effort by Vernam, both to win the ball and to score. A manager like Hurst would no doubt have ticked him off for not keeping the ball down in the corner of the pitch, because if his shot hadn't got in it would have given Macclesfield possession  

He was probably told to 'put it in the corner' like when Buckley yelled at Dobbin. The only difference being he put it in the bottom corner!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
grimsby pete
August 12, 2018, 1:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
What I want to know is,  Who took that Goose to a football match ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 45
oldun
August 12, 2018, 1:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Croxton
I endorse all positive comments about the spirit and endeavour of the whole squad yesterday. Cook and Woolford had an excellent first 45 minutes but perhaps suffered from the extra workload following the sending off.
We had several options to bring fresh legs on well before Vernam's appearance. What an impact!
From a hundred yards away it seemed that there was heroic defending and goalkeeping. My Sheffield United supporting companion said it was highly entertaining.
Hopefully, the goose will make it onto the full highlights!

The goose made it onto national news!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...and stranded at Stockport

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.