3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
dicko995
August 11, 2018, 5:07pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
Well, what a turn around for the lads, a great boost of a win today. I don't expect anyone to reply to this topic. I,ve had a full week of moaning from the doom and gloom parade on here, last week was an off day for us, but didn't stop the whingers from throwing in their moans. Its gonna be nothing but praise for the lads this week, and a pleasure to come on here and read all the good vibes. I,ll be there Tuesday and next Saturday on my crutches, cheering them on. Way to go lads, bloody way to go....  UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
TAGG
August 11, 2018, 5:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Like I said last week it's a long season.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
Hagrid
August 11, 2018, 5:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
1 loss doesnt mean relegation as 1 win doesnt mean promotion. Now onto tuesday! We need a cup run!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
Grim74
August 11, 2018, 5:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Well done to Jolley and team, but again let’s not overreact Mansfield are relegation favourites. Sets us up nicely next week to smash the gimps.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
mariner91
August 11, 2018, 5:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Grim74
Well done to Jolley and team, but again let’s not overreact Mansfield are relegation favourites. Sets us up nicely next week to smash the gimps.

Good job we beat Macclesfield then!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
Swansea_Mariner
August 11, 2018, 5:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
Excellent win away from home and a man down, absolutely first class.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
jonnyboy82
August 11, 2018, 7:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
He got it wrong last week 352 and square peg round holes criticism deserved.

He got it bang on today changed us back to a 433 and fully deserves the praise for switching back.

I love the way you say last week was a off day for us but i disagree to a certain extent , the way we set up gave fgr the off day as i would say if we went 433 for them we would have been in that game.

As for your title "doom and gloomers" i suggest the way some not all fans reacted to that defeat was justified as we were all wrong in selection and tactics for that game and why is it wrong to say so on a football forum ? The result suggests not.

We changed it today and we won playing the formation that suits us so i would say to a certain extent the way some cant wait to say told you so after a win playing with the right formation goes to show the way we were set up last week was all wrong and the constructive criticism was justified and it wasnt all about being doom and gloom as you put it.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
MuddyWaters
August 11, 2018, 7:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from dicko995
Well, what a turn around for the lads, a great boost of a win today. I don't expect anyone to reply to this topic. I,ve had a full week of moaning from the doom and gloom parade on here, last week was an off day for us, but didn't stop the whingers from throwing in their moans. Its gonna be nothing but praise for the lads this week, and a pleasure to come on here and read all the good vibes. I,ll be there Tuesday and next Saturday on my crutches, cheering them on. Way to go lads, bloody way to go....  UTM.

Just for the record, were we excrement or not last week and are we not allowed to comment as such?

Great result today by the way and well done to all those who travelled.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
KingstonMariner
August 11, 2018, 7:16pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I think Dicko was referring to the suicide watch brigade last week, not the majority of disgruntled fans.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
golfer
August 11, 2018, 7:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from mariner91

Good job we beat Macclesfield then!

Hope he didn't try to go to the match
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Doom and Gloomers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.