Sussexmariner
August 11, 2018, 7:08pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from 58mariner
After the sending off we were holding on desperatley. If for better finishing we would have conceded. If we’d drawn or lost Rose would have cost us. Fair enough, we won the game and that is the most important aspect. A huge win after last weekend and credit to the players, that took heart. But take the rose tinted glasses off (pardon the pun) and you have to admit it could have been very different. Like I said further up, he got away with it today but will he / we next time? And sadly I fear there will be a next time.

Were you actually at the game 58?

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 56
Cloudy
August 11, 2018, 7:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from 58mariner
After the sending off we were holding on desperatley. If for better finishing we would have conceded. If we’d drawn or lost Rose would have cost us. Fair enough, we won the game and that is the most important aspect. A huge win after last weekend and credit to the players, that took heart. But take the rose tinted glasses off (pardon the pun) and you have to admit it could have been very different. Like I said further up, he got away with it today but will he / we next time? And sadly I fear there will be a next time.

Equally if we had taken our chances in the first half the game would have been done and dusted by half time. We didn't, and neither did they, that's football. We scored twice and they didn't, we won.

After a result and an overall performance, I would have thought that was just the lift every fan would be looking for, rather than a witch hunt on one particular player who, in my opinion, stretched for the ball and got sent off. Had he shirked the challenge and they had equalised I would have had far more cause for concern. Thats not 'rose tinted glasses' but I think your comments are negative in the extreme.

Mitch Rose will get cautioned, maybe sent off, have good games and poorer ones but overall I like his physicality and he tends to keep the ball moving. Decent enough player for league two imo
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 56
58mariner
August 11, 2018, 7:23pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -80
It’s clear he divides opinion, let’s leave it at that then!
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 56
The Singing Fisherman
August 11, 2018, 7:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +400
Quoted from 58mariner

Its very clear your post was very un called for. No need especially after a win and a good performance. But anyway lets just all enjoy the win. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 56
Balthazar Bullitt
August 11, 2018, 7:30pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from 58mariner

The divide  seems to be you on one side and every one else on the other
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 56
58mariner
August 11, 2018, 7:36pm
Coke Drinker
apologies, I didn’t realise there was an aminsoty on anything other than positive posts after one win into a season. I’ve seen a lot worse negativity than this on the fishy over the years over a lot less! I haven’t singled out Rose for critiscm for the sake of it over something small and meaningless, he singled himself out after a sending off. If you read my posts further up I praised the team for a very good performance today.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 56
Northbank Mariner
August 11, 2018, 7:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Close the thread, absolute waste of time, rose almost single handledly kept us in the league, without his assured prowess on penalties and long throws we'd be looking at Tuesday nights freezing our mammories off at Torquay!!...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 56
grimsby pete
August 11, 2018, 7:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
It is a good job Bobby Cumming is not playing today,

He was one of the best and loved a tackle,

BUT

He would have got slated on here by some.

PS  I don't think that should have been red for Mitch.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 56
58mariner
August 11, 2018, 7:54pm
Coke Drinker
Long throws and penalties 👍
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 56
Sussexmariner
August 11, 2018, 8:08pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from 58mariner
apologies, If you read my posts further up I praised the team for a very good performance today.

No you didn’t, you said :-

“After the sending off we were holding on desperately”

“If for better finishing we would of conceded” etc etc

At best you said the players had “heart” All this from from you who never went to the game!!

People who crave attention and reaction  by posting balderdash just make me laugh

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mitch Rose

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.