Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium  Poll
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 97 Guests

Your preferred choice is ?
Stick with Peakes Parkway (39 votes)
31.45%
Try to return to Great Coates (10 votes)
8.06%
Try and get it at Freeman St (55 votes)
44.35%
Stay at Blundell Park and Upgrade (17 votes)
13.71%
Please state another choice. (3 votes)
2.42%
124 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll
Voting in this poll has ended.

New Stadium  Poll

This thread currently has 3,281 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
August 10, 2018, 11:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Let's just get good at what we do, and make the best of what we've got. Create some magic that creates the demand. Making it a real community club would help.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
fiveallive
August 10, 2018, 11:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Jesus I can't imagine anything worse then Freeman Street to be honest, far to rough, loads of pubs for home or away fans is the only good thing.

For me it's Blundell Park or Peaks Parkway.

For me Blundell Park is good enough for League 2 / National League.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
Townee82
August 11, 2018, 7:46am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
Got told by Mr Fenty during council elections the only thing holding it up is a solid commitment by NE Lincs council .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
realist
August 11, 2018, 8:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Townee82
Got told by Mr Fenty during council elections the only thing holding it up is a solid commitment by NE Lincs council .

As he is part of the council he has only himself to blame.  The Conservatives were up against one of the worst labour councils ever at the recent elections and they couldn't displace them. Should have tried harder
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
Mariner_09
August 11, 2018, 8:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
If it were done properly, by the right people and built in the right place (Freemo if you ask me) then it would completely rejuvenate the club and bring us into the 21st century and we’d finally have a great selling point when trying to sign players as we would have state of the art training, sport science, strength and conditioning and medical facilities. However, with us as we are and the fact Fenty and his mates have made zero progress in any field, in fact we’ve regressed worryingly in most departments, while they’vs been in power it won’t happen as the man is impossible to work with as he is a complete control freak. Forgive my pessimism despite my youth but I fear it is the truth.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
golfer
August 11, 2018, 9:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
It would be far far more expensive to build on Freeman Street area [demolition costs etc. above and below ground would be astronomical ] than on virgin land . Different aspects of the programme would have to be separated etc.

As for the required housing being built at different locations I wonder who would benefit ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
golfer
August 11, 2018, 9:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
It would be far far more expensive to build on Freeman Street area [demolition costs etc. above and below ground would be astronomical ] than on virgin land . Different aspects of the programme would have to be separated etc.

As for the required housing being built at different locations I wonder who would benefit ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
realist
August 11, 2018, 10:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
Is there an appetite for an out of town location such as PP any more.  More restaurants in the new cinema and possible Garth lane redevelopment could probably provide far more leisure/retail opportunities than the area can support.  Cleethorpes is going to undergo some more development as well. I think the stadium has missed the boat again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
KingstonMariner
August 11, 2018, 10:47am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Townee82

A smoke screen. The thing that is stopping it is the lack of money. If there was enough money in it for developers, they would have made it happen. No such scheme has been put forward to the council.

Everything the council can do is in place. They've identified and made available the land, supported by those site surveys the other year, the stadium is in the local plan. The reason it hasn't progressed is because there isn't a scheme which can fund the stadium and make the developers enough profit.

Enough time and money has been wasted on this by the club.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
DocDock
August 12, 2018, 10:42am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3
I voted Freeman st but the cost of developing the whole area including a new stadium would be astronomical. Sadly, Peakes Parkway seems to be the only available choice to build it, if it ever does get built.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium  Poll

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.