Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium  Poll
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 158 Guests

Your preferred choice is ?
Stick with Peakes Parkway (39 votes)
31.45%
Try to return to Great Coates (10 votes)
8.06%
Try and get it at Freeman St (55 votes)
44.35%
Stay at Blundell Park and Upgrade (17 votes)
13.71%
Please state another choice. (3 votes)
2.42%
124 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll
Voting in this poll has ended.

New Stadium  Poll

This thread currently has 3,238 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
August 10, 2018, 7:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Should we expect Peakes Parkway to be our new home or should we,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Mighty_Mariner
August 10, 2018, 7:17pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Can you have an 'Anywhere just fricking get one sorted'  option.....?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
TAGG
August 10, 2018, 8:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
What new stadium???

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
jonnyboy82
August 10, 2018, 8:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
We will never ever get a new stadium.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
gtfcmd
August 10, 2018, 8:22pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +210
Gold Stars: 3
Not going to happen,  if there was anything happening surely should of plans etc by now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
denni266
August 10, 2018, 8:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +635
Gold Stars: 129
Wonder how much wasted cash has been spent on these pipe dreams over the years ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
Northbank Mariner
August 10, 2018, 8:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
The whole premise of this thread is where we would like our new stadium to be built, we know it will never happen but lets all dream and join in...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
A.l.f.
August 10, 2018, 9:04pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
I  think off Freeman St is ideal to help regenerate the area.  Make it a Community Stadium,  knock down more derelict stuff for parking and other sports facilities.  Put conference room, large bar, gym, restaurant and you have 6-7 day revenue stream.  Railway station on Railway Street and use park and ride from A180.
I think PP will be declined given how quiet it’s gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
lew chaterleys lover
August 10, 2018, 10:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
I have zero faith in the current regime to bring anything to fruition.

If by miracle they did, can you imagine what it would be like? Cheap as chips, with every conceivable corner cut. It would soon lose any novelty factor because the same problems with the people running BP would be magnified at a new stadium.

Don't get me wrong - I would love a new stadium but I think basically the club is on hold until the current ownership gives way to more professional, forward thinking people who have the necessary finance and skills sets to move the club forward.

In the meantime, I would prefer Blundell Park to be given a new lease of life. I am not bothered about the downsides to that at the moment as it will be a long way into the future if we ever get a new stadium anyway.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
heppy88
August 10, 2018, 10:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
The stadium saga continues.
I am as frustrated as others with the lack of information coming out of the club / trust relating to the relocation. I keep telling myself its down to not wanting to wind up the Nimby's (Give them a snippet of info and off they go!!). Didn't Jolley say at his question and answer night that he had been given an update on the new ground but he didnt feel it was his place to pass on the information at that time? So hopefully something is happening.

Interesting that the majority polled so far believe the Freeman Street area is still their preferred location. I agree, although I have openly supported relocation to Peaks Parkway. I think it would be great coming over the flyover and seeing a completely redeveloped area with new shops, housing, restaraunts and of course a state of the art stadium. What a boost to the area and the Town. Something we could all be proud of.

Oh, and off topic I know, but I still have every faith in Jolley that he can bring success. Keep the faith  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium  Poll

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.