Private Message
marinerdazza
August 10, 2018, 10:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
Extreme Networks Limited, who are the company named on their website certainly are. Company no. 03562521 if it's the same one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 50
NorthseaMariner
August 10, 2018, 10:23am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,515
Gold Stars: 11
There’s still a website for Extreme Leisure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
Garth
August 10, 2018, 10:28am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Fair enough, seems to be a fair number of the same that have ceased trading
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 50
1mickylyons
August 10, 2018, 10:33am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Didn`t they have a mouthy spokeswoman get involved in a spat with Town fan`s on twitter not that long ago around the fan`s forum time?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
Chrisblor
August 10, 2018, 10:38am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
They've no track record to speak of, and I have absolutely no confidence in them. That being said, they seem to be pressing ahead with plans to rebuild Sheffield's Ski Village into some kind of Extreme Sports Destination. They've only released some renderings so far though, no sign of any actual construction yet (sounds familiar!)

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 50
marinerdazza
August 10, 2018, 10:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor
They've no track record to speak of, and I have absolutely no confidence in them. That being said, they seem to be pressing ahead with plans to rebuild Sheffield's Ski Village into some kind of Extreme Sports Destination. They've only released some renderings so far though, no sign of any actual construction yet (sounds familiar!)

They used to be a sports TV channel. I would love to know why they were chosen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
Swansea_Mariner
August 10, 2018, 10:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
To be frank it's about time we had some sort of update on this, project communications are shockingly poor. I'm not talking about some holdings pattern 'things are ongoing', but a proper update. If something is wrong tell us, there may be other avenues out there that us stakeholders can suggest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
moosey_club
August 10, 2018, 10:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,207
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Chrisblor

well....to be fair to them regards our situation.........they cant actually construct anything without...owning some land, submitting plans, gaining planning permission, finding development partners or finances can they ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
Mighty_Mariner
August 10, 2018, 12:36pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from moosey_club

well....to be fair to them regards our situation.........they cant actually construct anything without...owning some land, submitting plans, gaining planning permission, finding development partners or finances can they ?

But haven't they been supposedly getting all of this in place for the past 3 years? An update on proceedings wouldn't go amiss.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 50
Ipswin
August 10, 2018, 12:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

But haven't they been supposedly getting all of this in place for the past 3 years? An update on proceedings wouldn't go amiss.

There is no update that's the point. No progress whatsoever has been made, even the NIMBYs not to mention J Fenty (Con) have gone quiet

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 50
Chrisblor
August 10, 2018, 12:46pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
I keep hearing rumblings from a few different sources about an alternative yet to be announced stadium plan somewhere around Freeman Street - either on the docks side or where all the flats are being demolished. No idea if there's any truth to it, and I first heard about it a few months back, but it certainly would be nice if the club would let us know if they're still ploughing on with Peaks Parkway or have given up on it. We've not heard anything for 8 months, when the club exclusively revealed the developers had finally met with the council (wow! a meeting! what incredible progress!), yet provided no actual detail on what the meeting covered, besides some unspecified "progress".

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
moosey_club
August 10, 2018, 1:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Even on the original proposals there was a funding shortfall to even start the project wasn't there ? ...never mind the additional funding that would suddenly be identified once anything actually starts up and all concerned resubmit costs as their 3 yr old costs are no longer valid.  

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
The Yard Dog
August 10, 2018, 1:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Chrisblor
I keep hearing rumblings from a few different sources about an alternative yet to be announced stadium plan somewhere around Freeman Street - either on the docks side or where all the flats are being demolished. No idea if there's any truth to it, and I first heard about it a few months back, but it certainly would be nice if the club would let us know if they're still ploughing on with Peaks Parkway or have given up on it. We've not heard anything for 8 months, when the club exclusively revealed the developers had finally met with the council (wow! a meeting! what incredible progress!), yet provided no actual detail on what the meeting covered, besides some unspecified "progress".

I have heard something similar, a 14,000 all seater stadium in the Freemo area, along with a new investor.  All part of the councils plan to regenerate the area.

Just something I heard, no substance to my knowledge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
londonmariner2
August 10, 2018, 1:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
Its this lot.
https://www.extremesportscompany.com/meet-the-team[url][/url]

Chris Lewis

PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR

Chris has substantial experience with council negotiations, bids and tenders both under OJEU and public-sector processes and has won seven multi-million pound tender bids.  After joining EXTREME, we have been successfully appointed as preferred developers under council tenders for the Sheffield Extreme Destination and the Grimsby Town FC new stadium and leisure project. With over 30 years’ of experience in property and finance and with his negotiation and sales skillset we are seeing the development and delivery of a large pipeline of place making sports, leisure and residential developments under the EXTREME brand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
rancido
August 10, 2018, 1:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,531
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Chrisblor

There is no way ABP would allow a football stadium on the Docks. Apart from the fact that I don't think there is an area large enough ( without filling one of the Fish Docks in ) , the security would be totally impractical. ABP want the land for docks based industry and a football stadium doesn't come within that sphere. Also, they wouldn't sell the land and any leasing arrangement would be quite restrictive.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 50
grimsby pete
August 10, 2018, 1:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
I have heard they are in trouble,

They have slipped up on that Ski slope in Sheffield.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 50
pkscouse
August 10, 2018, 3:32pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +66
Gold Stars: 3
Its rumbling over old stuff I know but I still think a ground somewhere near where the multi storey flats were has to be the best bet - regeneration for Freemo , great road link back to the A180 , trains for away fans at either New Clee or Grimsby Docks ………...surely a no brainer  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
oldun
August 10, 2018, 3:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
The Freeman Community Stadium might see the light of day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 50
Ipswin
August 10, 2018, 3:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
It just has to be Freeman Street, I have always thought so but I just don't see the Council going for it, in fact I don't see the council going for it wherever is suggested in Grimsby (or Cleethorpes)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
Brazilnut
August 10, 2018, 4:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
it is not just the land for stadium tho .....it has to have enough land for houses/retail which will help pay for it ........otherwise you could do King George stadium  with car parking at the front bit but also on Hardys Rec with the short walk past the Youngs Factory

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
The_Laughing_Mariner
August 10, 2018, 4:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Would that mske them and clee the closest teams in the uk?
Certainly closer than forest and county, but what about the dundee sides

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
promotion plaice
August 10, 2018, 4:42pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from Brazilnut
it is not just the land for stadium tho .....it has to have enough land for houses/retail which will help pay for it ........otherwise you could do King George stadium  with car parking at the front bit but also on Hardys Rec with the short walk past the Youngs Factory

I thought the houses/retail which help pay for it can be built in another location away from the stadium?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
wigworld
August 10, 2018, 4:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Would that mske them and clee the closest teams in the uk?
Certainly closer than forest and county, but what about the dundee sides

AFC Wimbledon and Kingstonian FC are closer. 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 50
oldun
August 10, 2018, 5:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from promotion plaice

I thought the houses/retail which help pay for it can be built in another location away from the stadium?

Of course they could. There would probably have to be a rethink on the location of training pitches. The stadium needs to have plenty of community uses. Perhaps an hotel at Riby Square would improve the facilities and gateway to the town. Car Parking could  be an issue depending upon how much land could be made available.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
Mariner_09
August 10, 2018, 5:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Training ground doesn’t need to be at the ground, it can remain at Cheapside and we can gradually upgrade its facilities over a period. I’d imagine all the Conference facilities and restaurants would be inside the ground itself. Do we want some 3/4G pitches nearby as well?

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
Brazilnut
August 10, 2018, 5:28pm

Special Brew Drinker
Team up with Clee town to use their ground for training and sell /use Cheapside for housing

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
monkeyboy
August 10, 2018, 5:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
The area around 5 star fish may hold interest to Chairman Fenty?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
Northbank Mariner
August 10, 2018, 5:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
I've mentioned this before but surely the area of the old titans site has to be on the radar, its within the keeping of our ground being on the banks of the humber, the ground that other teams hate to coming to as the weather closes in due to that bloody artic wind that rips down the river and freezes you to the core...plus it's a site that will always be synonymous with the town, shame they tore down the chimney!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
monkeyboy
August 10, 2018, 5:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
I've mentioned this before but surely the area of the old titans site has to be on the radar, its within the keeping of our ground being on the banks of the humber, the ground that other teams hate to coming to as the weather closes in due to that bloody artic wind that rips down the river and freezes you to the core...plus it's a site that will always be synonymous with the town, shame they tore down the chimney!!

And dose that not play against us signing players too? artic winds.  unless we sign shed loads of northern scandinvians and icelandics. wonder what the quality of player is like in greenland?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
Brazilnut
August 10, 2018, 6:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
But i believe the thinking is  it has to be central for the 7 day usage ie creche  etc

<*(((><

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
Northbank Mariner
August 10, 2018, 6:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from monkeyboy

And dose that not play against us signing players too? artic winds.  unless we sign shed loads of northern scandinvians and icelandics. wonder what the quality of player is like in greenland?

I don't about greenland but there is certainly some quality comes out of Scandinavian countries....it's all irrelevant though because until, which will not happen in our lifetime, someone comes in and throws an infinite amount of coin at the club we will stay at BP and remain the only club in the English league to have never played in it's home town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
Stadium
August 10, 2018, 6:09pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19

Totally impractical.
Contaminated land,poor transport links and next to a upper tier COMAH site.
And possibly the worst stench with a combination of the fish meal and Anglian Water sites.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
Northbank Mariner
August 10, 2018, 6:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Stadium

Totally impractical.
Contaminated land,poor transport links and next to a upper tier COMAH site.
And possibly the worst stench with a combination of the fish meal and Anglian Water sites.

Well who's the educated one mentioning top tier COMAH sites....all I'm saying say is we need to keep what historically has been one of our greatest weapons, teams hate coming to BP due to the location next to the river...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
Stadium
August 10, 2018, 7:27pm
Champagne Drinker

Well who's the educated one mentioning top tier COMAH sites....all I'm saying say is we need to keep what historically has been one of our greatest weapons, teams hate coming to BP due to the location next to the river...

Well that would surely be looked at if an application to construct a stadium was submitted.
Also the effect of playing near the river??
Really?,do you think teams are even affected by this?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
Northbank Mariner
August 10, 2018, 7:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Stadium

Well that would surely be looked at if an application to construct a stadium was submitted.
Also the effect of playing near the river??
Really?,do you think teams are even affected by this?

No doubt they would have to assess the risks involved and honestly, in the cold light of day I wouldn't expect planning permission to be granted..
Yes, I do think playing next to a river plays a part, the amount of people/ex players and managers who have been to BP and said there is no ground where the weather is so hostile is countless.
Our own get accustomed to it and it really shockes other teams when they play here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
Stadium
August 10, 2018, 7:48pm
Champagne Drinker

No doubt they would have to assess the risks involved and honestly, in the cold light of day I wouldn't expect planning permission to be granted..
Yes, I do think playing next to a river plays a part, the amount of people/ex players and managers who have been to BP and said there is no ground where the weather is so hostile is countless.
Our own get accustomed to it and it really shockes other teams when they play here

Fair point.
My opinion is the stadium move is critical for the future of the club.
I think most supporters would just welcome a new stadium regardless of location.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
Northbank Mariner
August 10, 2018, 7:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
You may well be right stadium, but both you and I know, with the current incumbents in charge we are stuck with BP...
The council don't give 2 hoots about the club, yet it could give the whole town a kick up the jacksey it needs should a new community stadium be built...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
KingstonMariner
August 10, 2018, 7:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from wigworld

AFC Wimbledon and Kingstonian FC are closer. 😉

Not any more. The Ks were at Leatherhead last season and I think they're moving in with Corinthian Casuals at Tolworth this season.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
Swansea_Mariner
August 11, 2018, 8:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
The only thing 'extreme' about this is the length in time between communications.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
KingstonMariner
August 11, 2018, 10:48am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Not any more. The Ks were at Leatherhead last season and I think they're moving in with Corinthian Casuals at Tolworth this season.

What flipping muppet red-crossed this?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
rancido
August 11, 2018, 11:41am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from pkscouse
Its rumbling over old stuff I know but I still think a ground somewhere near where the multi storey flats were has to be the best bet - regeneration for Freemo , great road link back to the A180 , trains for away fans at either New Clee or Grimsby Docks ………...surely a no brainer  

Both these stations are not used by the Transpennine service and I'm not sure that the Lincoln train stops there either. There is no way any of the franchises that control these services would alter their timetables to schedule a stop just for the possible use on 23 occasions a year. This would be especially the case when some of those occasions would be to cater for evening games which change date every year …… and that is a no-brainer as well.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
rancido
August 11, 2018, 11:56am

Vodka Drinker

As I understand it all the land adjacent to the Humber Bank can only be used for industrial purposes. Anyway that land is now going to be used for car storage and Industrial Units will be built there as well.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
barralad
August 11, 2018, 11:10pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from rancido

[/b]

Both these stations are not used by the Transpennine service and I'm not sure that the Lincoln train stops there either. There is no way any of the franchises that control these services would alter their timetables to schedule a stop just for the possible use on 23 occasions a year. This would be especially the case when some of those occasions would be to cater for evening games which change date every year …… and that is a no-brainer as well.

Apart from the last one at night the Lincoln trains terminate on Platform 3 at Grimsby Town.
However, personally I cannot see why TPE wouldn't accommodate a stop at either New Clee or Grimsby Docks. In the "old days" British Transport Police used to request that trains carrying away fans made a stop at New Clee.
I have to say though that having experienced first hand the absolute shite-storm that our railway system made of getting a few fans from Macclesfield to Grimsby today the difficulty may well be trying to persuade fans to let the train take the strain...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
Rob_in_Grimsby
August 11, 2018, 11:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Brazilnut
Team up with Clee town to use their ground for training and sell /use Cheapside for housing

Slight problem with this as the club Rent Cheapside on a long lease but don't actually own the place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
marinerdazza
August 11, 2018, 11:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from barralad

In the "old days" British Transport Police used to request that trains carrying away fans made a stop at New Clee.

This was always great fun for those of us who got the train to and from Barnetby. I remember an unscheduled stop at New Clee to let on a load of seriously drunk off Rotherham fans after the 2nd round FA cup defeat at BP in 88/89. How we laughed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
moosey_club
August 12, 2018, 10:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Apart from the last one at night the Lincoln trains terminate on Platform 3 at Grimsby Town.
However, personally I cannot see why TPE wouldn't accommodate a stop at either New Clee or Grimsby Docks. In the "old days" British Transport Police used to request that trains carrying away fans made a stop at New Clee.
I have to say though that having experienced first hand the absolute shite-storm that our railway system made of getting a few fans from Macclesfield to Grimsby today the difficulty may well be trying to persuade fans to let the train take the strain...

my first football away day on a train in years and i wont be rushing back on that experience...overcrowded by Doncaster...as the vast majority of the seats were reserved at some point of the journey TPE must have known they were at or close to capacity, also with ticket prices being as they are even if you dont reserve a seat i would imagine a high percentage book a ticket in advance so they must know the train will be overcrowded.

But they did nicely announce they were sorry people had to stand up but "its the school holidays and the football season kicks off" ... Oh sorry TPE, it kicked off last week for a start and isnt that just another opportunity for you to plan ahead isnt it ?!?!?

Train was late into Stockport so missed the connection to Macc...slight wait there.

Coming back home, arrived at the first change at Stockport ...Cleethopes train cancelled !!

The eventual train back to Clee came...overcrowded...all three toilets pretty much out of action by/from Sheffield.....

in all ...overcrowded, hot, late, cancelled, out of service loo's and not cheap either at over 50 quid ....and (although TPE cant be held responsible for this one) hearing the sometimes embarrassing comments from groups of our supporters along the way aimed largely at non white passengers.

The scenery, the chance to have a beer on the move and the odd chat with other passengers the only real benefits which didnt outweigh the above.  

Back to the car in the future  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
realist
August 12, 2018, 2:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
I have the misfortune to be a regular user of TPE. and overcrowded, late and cancellations are the norm. Booking is essential. If you were delayed remember to use the delay repay scheme
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
ginnywings
August 12, 2018, 3:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from moosey_club

my first football away day on a train in years and i wont be rushing back on that experience...overcrowded by Doncaster...as the vast majority of the seats were reserved at some point of the journey TPE must have known they were at or close to capacity, also with ticket prices being as they are even if you dont reserve a seat i would imagine a high percentage book a ticket in advance so they must know the train will be overcrowded.

But they did nicely announce they were sorry people had to stand up but "its the school holidays and the football season kicks off" ... Oh sorry TPE, it kicked off last week for a start and isnt that just another opportunity for you to plan ahead isnt it ?!?!?

Train was late into Stockport so missed the connection to Macc...slight wait there.

Coming back home, arrived at the first change at Stockport ...Cleethopes train cancelled !!

The eventual train back to Clee came...overcrowded...all three toilets pretty much out of action by/from Sheffield.....

in all ...overcrowded, hot, late, cancelled, out of service loo's and not cheap either at over 50 quid ....and (although TPE cant be held responsible for this one) hearing the sometimes embarrassing comments from groups of our supporters along the way aimed largely at non white passengers.

The scenery, the chance to have a beer on the move and the odd chat with other passengers the only real benefits which didnt outweigh the above.  

Back to the car in the future  

You've got a Delorean?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
KingstonMariner
August 12, 2018, 3:43pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

You've got a Delorean?

It does sound a bit like a pitch for a film that didn't quite make it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
moosey_club
August 12, 2018, 8:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

You've got a Delorean?

i did have....i didnt like it that much ...so i used it to go back to the day i bought it .........and changed my mind ..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Extreme leisure

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.