6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Brazilnut
August 10, 2018, 6:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
But i believe the thinking is  it has to be central for the 7 day usage ie creche  etc

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
Northbank Mariner
August 10, 2018, 6:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from monkeyboy

And dose that not play against us signing players too? artic winds.  unless we sign shed loads of northern scandinvians and icelandics. wonder what the quality of player is like in greenland?

I don't about greenland but there is certainly some quality comes out of Scandinavian countries....it's all irrelevant though because until, which will not happen in our lifetime, someone comes in and throws an infinite amount of coin at the club we will stay at BP and remain the only club in the English league to have never played in it's home town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
Stadium
August 10, 2018, 6:09pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
I've mentioned this before but surely the area of the old titans site has to be on the radar, its within the keeping of our ground being on the banks of the humber, the ground that other teams hate to coming to as the weather closes in due to that bloody artic wind that rips down the river and freezes you to the core...plus it's a site that will always be synonymous with the town, shame they tore down the chimney!!

Totally impractical.
Contaminated land,poor transport links and next to a upper tier COMAH site.
And possibly the worst stench with a combination of the fish meal and Anglian Water sites.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
Northbank Mariner
August 10, 2018, 6:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Stadium

Totally impractical.
Contaminated land,poor transport links and next to a upper tier COMAH site.
And possibly the worst stench with a combination of the fish meal and Anglian Water sites.

Well who's the educated one mentioning top tier COMAH sites....all I'm saying say is we need to keep what historically has been one of our greatest weapons, teams hate coming to BP due to the location next to the river...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
Stadium
August 10, 2018, 7:27pm
Champagne Drinker

Well who's the educated one mentioning top tier COMAH sites....all I'm saying say is we need to keep what historically has been one of our greatest weapons, teams hate coming to BP due to the location next to the river...

Well that would surely be looked at if an application to construct a stadium was submitted.
Also the effect of playing near the river??
Really?,do you think teams are even affected by this?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
Northbank Mariner
August 10, 2018, 7:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Stadium

Well that would surely be looked at if an application to construct a stadium was submitted.
Also the effect of playing near the river??
Really?,do you think teams are even affected by this?

No doubt they would have to assess the risks involved and honestly, in the cold light of day I wouldn't expect planning permission to be granted..
Yes, I do think playing next to a river plays a part, the amount of people/ex players and managers who have been to BP and said there is no ground where the weather is so hostile is countless.
Our own get accustomed to it and it really shockes other teams when they play here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
Stadium
August 10, 2018, 7:48pm
Champagne Drinker

No doubt they would have to assess the risks involved and honestly, in the cold light of day I wouldn't expect planning permission to be granted..
Yes, I do think playing next to a river plays a part, the amount of people/ex players and managers who have been to BP and said there is no ground where the weather is so hostile is countless.
Our own get accustomed to it and it really shockes other teams when they play here

Fair point.
My opinion is the stadium move is critical for the future of the club.
I think most supporters would just welcome a new stadium regardless of location.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
Northbank Mariner
August 10, 2018, 7:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
You may well be right stadium, but both you and I know, with the current incumbents in charge we are stuck with BP...
The council don't give 2 hoots about the club, yet it could give the whole town a kick up the jacksey it needs should a new community stadium be built...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
KingstonMariner
August 10, 2018, 7:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from wigworld

AFC Wimbledon and Kingstonian FC are closer. 😉

Not any more. The Ks were at Leatherhead last season and I think they're moving in with Corinthian Casuals at Tolworth this season.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
Swansea_Mariner
August 11, 2018, 8:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
The only thing 'extreme' about this is the length in time between communications.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Extreme leisure

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.