Ipswin
August 10, 2018, 12:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

But haven't they been supposedly getting all of this in place for the past 3 years? An update on proceedings wouldn't go amiss.

There is no update that's the point. No progress whatsoever has been made, even the NIMBYs not to mention J Fenty (Con) have gone quiet

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 50
Chrisblor
August 10, 2018, 12:46pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
I keep hearing rumblings from a few different sources about an alternative yet to be announced stadium plan somewhere around Freeman Street - either on the docks side or where all the flats are being demolished. No idea if there's any truth to it, and I first heard about it a few months back, but it certainly would be nice if the club would let us know if they're still ploughing on with Peaks Parkway or have given up on it. We've not heard anything for 8 months, when the club exclusively revealed the developers had finally met with the council (wow! a meeting! what incredible progress!), yet provided no actual detail on what the meeting covered, besides some unspecified "progress".

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
moosey_club
August 10, 2018, 1:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

But haven't they been supposedly getting all of this in place for the past 3 years? An update on proceedings wouldn't go amiss.

Even on the original proposals there was a funding shortfall to even start the project wasn't there ? ...never mind the additional funding that would suddenly be identified once anything actually starts up and all concerned resubmit costs as their 3 yr old costs are no longer valid.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
The Yard Dog
August 10, 2018, 1:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Chrisblor
I keep hearing rumblings from a few different sources about an alternative yet to be announced stadium plan somewhere around Freeman Street - either on the docks side or where all the flats are being demolished. No idea if there's any truth to it, and I first heard about it a few months back, but it certainly would be nice if the club would let us know if they're still ploughing on with Peaks Parkway or have given up on it. We've not heard anything for 8 months, when the club exclusively revealed the developers had finally met with the council (wow! a meeting! what incredible progress!), yet provided no actual detail on what the meeting covered, besides some unspecified "progress".

I have heard something similar, a 14,000 all seater stadium in the Freemo area, along with a new investor.  All part of the councils plan to regenerate the area.

Just something I heard, no substance to my knowledge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
londonmariner2
August 10, 2018, 1:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
Its this lot.
https://www.extremesportscompany.com/meet-the-team[url][/url]

Chris Lewis

PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR

Chris has substantial experience with council negotiations, bids and tenders both under OJEU and public-sector processes and has won seven multi-million pound tender bids.  After joining EXTREME, we have been successfully appointed as preferred developers under council tenders for the Sheffield Extreme Destination and the Grimsby Town FC new stadium and leisure project. With over 30 years’ of experience in property and finance and with his negotiation and sales skillset we are seeing the development and delivery of a large pipeline of place making sports, leisure and residential developments under the EXTREME brand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
rancido
August 10, 2018, 1:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Chrisblor

There is no way ABP would allow a football stadium on the Docks. Apart from the fact that I don't think there is an area large enough ( without filling one of the Fish Docks in ) , the security would be totally impractical. ABP want the land for docks based industry and a football stadium doesn't come within that sphere. Also, they wouldn't sell the land and any leasing arrangement would be quite restrictive.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 50
grimsby pete
August 10, 2018, 1:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
I have heard they are in trouble,

They have slipped up on that Ski slope in Sheffield.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 50
pkscouse
August 10, 2018, 3:32pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +66
Gold Stars: 3
Its rumbling over old stuff I know but I still think a ground somewhere near where the multi storey flats were has to be the best bet - regeneration for Freemo , great road link back to the A180 , trains for away fans at either New Clee or Grimsby Docks ………...surely a no brainer  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
oldun
August 10, 2018, 3:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
The Freeman Community Stadium might see the light of day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 50
Ipswin
August 10, 2018, 3:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
It just has to be Freeman Street, I have always thought so but I just don't see the Council going for it, in fact I don't see the council going for it wherever is suggested in Grimsby (or Cleethorpes)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Extreme leisure

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.