Private Message
forza ivano
August 9, 2018, 11:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Very interesting. Sounds very much like the coaching environment you get in athletics,swimming,gymnastics etc. I'm hugely impressed with Jolley. I hope I'm not wrong in my gut feeling that he's a bit special
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 47
Townee82
August 10, 2018, 5:54am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
It seems his idea is to implement a process to create a whole new infrastructure at the club and a mental focus , he just needs to get people in place and more importantly time .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 47
hheh2
August 10, 2018, 6:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Just imagine we didn't appoint Jolley and got relegated instead. We would bite the arm off at being able to have him as a manager at league two. It's the journey that counts. Ours has just started again. UTM

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 47
MuddyWaters
August 10, 2018, 6:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from hheh2
Just imagine we didn't appoint Jolley and got relegated instead. We would bite the arm off at being able to have him as a manager at league two. It's the journey that counts. Ours has just started again. UTM

Just imagine the club had a solid infrastructure, a good stadium & training facilities & was financially self-sufficient  
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 47
ginnywings
August 10, 2018, 6:56am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Steady on Codger, that's crazy talk.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 47
MuddyWaters
August 10, 2018, 7:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Steady on Codger, that's crazy talk.

I know!  
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 47
barralad
August 10, 2018, 8:26am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Just imagine the club had a solid infrastructure, a good stadium & training facilities & was financially self-sufficient  

I'm sure I read recently that J.F. hasn't had to put any money in for some years now. Intrigued by your definition of financially self sufficient.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 47
MuddyWaters
August 10, 2018, 8:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

I'm sure I read recently that J.F. hasn't had to put any money in for some years now. Intrigued by your definition of financially self sufficient.

You know exactly what I mean. The club needs more than a fresh coat of paint here & there. A bit of ambition would be a start.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 47
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 10, 2018, 8:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think the sooner we all realise that the new stadium ISNT going to happen the better. It's a load of bullsh1t from the board to the fans to try and keep us on board with supporting the club. Months go on without us hearing anything. Extreme, the company bank rolling the scheme, have got a development already (or near as damn it) sorted in Sheffield that was announced after our new ground! Let's face facts and just get on with what we've got

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 47
grimsby pete
August 10, 2018, 9:38am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
If and its looking more likely as the years go by that we will never get a new stadium under this board and our council,

We have to seriously look at upgrading what we have,

The main stand is falling to pieces and will not last much longer so thats a start,

Have a new stand that covers the whole of the pitch with nice modern changing rooms,

Extend the Findus/Youngs both ways and we will have a ground that holds 12-14000,

I have no idea if grants are available for this or where the money is coming from,

BUT

One thing I am sure about is we can not continue staying put doing nothing while the promised new stadium hangs just out of our reach.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
Garth
August 10, 2018, 9:53am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
It's extremely short sighted of the council to ignore the benefits of a new ground on a new site. Should we do well get into the playoffs get promoted and climb League one, unlikely I know but not impossible we would put a few thousand more onto our gates. Grimsby,Cleethorpes Road and the surrounding area would be a nightmare on match days, their thinking is so yesterday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
Vance Warner
August 10, 2018, 10:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,780
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Garth
It's extremely short sighted of the council to ignore the benefits of a new ground on a new site. Should we do well get into the playoffs get promoted and climb League one, unlikely I know but not impossible we would put a few thousand more onto our gates. Grimsby,Cleethorpes Road and the surrounding area would be a nightmare on match days, their thinking is so yesterday.

This. Extreme have other priorities and I suspect they were only chosen in the first place because no one else would touch it. Time to be honest about what's happening.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
scrumble
August 10, 2018, 10:13am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from grimsby pete

Extend the Findus/Youngs both ways and we will have a ground that holds 12-14000.

The problem is we aren't allowed to build outside of what is already there, none of the stands can be extended up or out.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
1mickylyons
August 10, 2018, 10:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
GTFC will have a new home at some point here in lies the problem it`s been promised for the best part of 30 year`s and we are still not really any closer. They have included it on the local plan which to my way of thinking means they accept it`s required and want it to be built BUT they cannot agree on where or when? JF has put heart and soul into the project for many year`s and got nowhere and before him at least two other`s went down the new ground path so far and got nowhere.The Council are the problem in my opinion? A Community Stadium rather than a football ground should be their flagship build and their legacy and having seen what`s been delivered in NE Lincs over the past 10 years I`m sort of glad this ground hasn`t happened.We would be in a gound that makes Glanford Park look like the San Siro.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
TwoLeftFeet
August 10, 2018, 10:47am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,069
Gold Stars: 18
Definitely time for the board to come out and tell the fans what the latest news with the new stadium is..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
Ipswin
August 10, 2018, 12:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete

Have a new stand that covers the whole of the pitch ,

Wouldn't that rather sodomist up the football Pete? Surely the fans would get in the way

Might stop us getting stuffed 4-1 at home tho'

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
rancido
August 10, 2018, 3:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 6[b
]It's extremely short sighted of the council [/b]to ignore the benefits of a new ground on a new site. Should we do well get into the playoffs get promoted and climb League one, unlikely I know but not impossible we would put a few thousand more onto our gates. Grimsby,Cleethorpes Road and the surrounding area would be a nightmare on match days, their thinking is so yesterday.

But it's not just the present Council, Garth. As long as I can remember ( and I'm 70 ) we have had backward thinking councils of all political persuasions. It's almost as if the majority of people interested in local politics are stuck in the past.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
Garth
August 10, 2018, 3:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from rancido

But it's not just the present Council, Garth. As long as I can remember ( and I'm 70 ) we have had backward thinking councils of all political persuasions. It's almost as if the majority of people interested in local politics are stuck in the past.

I was referring to all past councils going back before the CONOCO adventure, oh and I`m getting on for 80 lol.
if there`s any back slapping and Town Hall celebrity victory meals etc, the council are all over it, other than this there not interested.
You never appreciate what you`ve got till its gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
petethemariner
August 10, 2018, 4:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from scrumble

The problem is we aren't allowed to build outside of what is already there, none of the stands can be extended up or out.

But you could build a modern stand to the height of the existing main + Osmond stands,but without the restricted views and you must be able to build into the corners,because there used to be  terracing there, you could still have a ground that could house 10000, which would be enough IMO

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
Northbank Mariner
August 10, 2018, 5:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Garth

I was referring to all past councils going back before the CONOCO adventure, oh and I`m getting on for 80 lol.
if there`s any back slapping and Town Hall celebrity victory meals etc, the council are all over it, other than this there not interested.
You never appreciate what you`ve got till its gone

Fair play to ya, a near 80 yr old using lol...from imperial type writers to modern text talk, you getting down with kids...haha...
On a serious note, I was gutted we lost the great coates site, it had everything for me, superb road links and stick a station in there I'm convinced it would've taken on to another level..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
Father Christmas
August 10, 2018, 5:43pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -10
We need to get Engie on board, they seem to have a hold over the council. Suggest a few sets of traffic lights down peaks parkway, even get rid of the roundabout. That should get them going 💦💦💦
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
friskneymariner
August 10, 2018, 5:46pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
How about getting Dong on board,better not rename the Pontoon the Dong End though.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
Northbank Mariner
August 10, 2018, 5:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from friskneymariner
How about getting Dong on board,better not rename the Pontoon the Dong End though.

Could be worse, could always be sponsored by Bell recycling from scunny!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
HertsGTFC
August 10, 2018, 8:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You know exactly what I mean. The club needs more than a fresh coat of paint here & there. A bit of ambition would be a start.

If you’re that negative about things (and have been for a while) why did you step up as a minor sponsor last season?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
bluerose13x
August 10, 2018, 8:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Dale Vince has publically stated target to get to the Championship .

John Fenty, I would say, would suggest that people need to stop thinking about the past when the Championship is mentioned.

Ambition? We ain't got any at Grimsby.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
HertsGTFC
August 10, 2018, 9:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from bluerose13x

Dale Vince has publically stated target to get to the Championship .

John Fenty, I would say, would suggest that people need to stop thinking about the past when the Championship is mentioned.

Ambition? We ain't got any at Grimsby.

Check out what Philip Day said at the MJ appointment press conference, I recall he mentioned the C word.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
lew chaterleys lover
August 10, 2018, 10:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,655
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from HertsGTFC

"Check out what Philip Day said..."

To be fair that was a ludicrous, off the cuff remark from Mr.Day at a one off press conference.

The FGR chairman oozes confidence and arrogance because he knows that money talks, and he has got plenty of it to waste on a vanity project.

He may well get FGR to the Championship but you have to ask why?

Why can't we attract someone like that,who not only could put the money in but would bask in the glory of putting a real football town back on the map?
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
KingstonMariner
August 10, 2018, 11:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I think the sooner we all realise that the new stadium ISNT going to happen the better. It's a load of bullsh1t from the board to the fans to try and keep us on board with supporting the club. Months go on without us hearing anything. Extreme, the company bank rolling the scheme, have got a development already (or near as damn it) sorted in Sheffield that was announced after our new ground! Let's face facts and just get on with what we've got

They bankroll nothing. they're just middlemen. Fixers.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
KingstonMariner
August 10, 2018, 11:10pm
Meths Drinker

To be fair that was a ludicrous, off the cuff remark from Mr.Day at a one off press conference.

The FGR chairman oozes confidence and arrogance because he knows that money talks, and he has got plenty of it to waste on a vanity project.

Why can't we attract someone like that,who not only could put the money in but would bask in the glory of putting a real football town back on the map?

But he's got a ponytail.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
petethemariner
August 11, 2018, 12:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Vince gets a lot of stick on here, mostly deserved because he comes across as a right arrogant tw@t, but equally you
have to  say fair play to him, he saw his club struggle for survival like us last season and he has put his money where his big mouth is, financially backed his manager and to be fair they looked a bloody good side  last week (helped by us, i know) how long he will/can  carry a village team is open to  question, but you have to say that if a club our size had someone in charge so determined to succeed, the sky would be the limit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
H19P1
August 11, 2018, 5:32am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
A consortium led by MJ would be a good start? Maybe just maybe ok sorry i’ll Wake up and smell the coffee 😃

But never say never I guess and dreams for our dormant club will never fade.

Surly he’s got wealthy circle of contacts in his field of previous employment to join his project?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 47
Croxton
August 11, 2018, 7:58am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,011
Gold Stars: 33
Don't put ideas into certain Journo's heads. They may think you are an impeccable source.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
HertsGTFC
August 11, 2018, 8:26am

Barley Wine Drinker

We can’t attract someone like that as his values and beliefs would be and actually are vilified by a large number of Town fans, historically we’re not good at doing different, let’s face it every time we have a Managers vacancy are default position is to start spouting the names of various former players.

For numerous reasons GTFC is not an attractive investment for anyone from outside the area or is not a Town nut, shame really but that just the way it is.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 47
MuddyWaters
August 11, 2018, 8:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If you’re that negative about things (and have been for a while) why did you step up as a minor sponsor last season?

And I’ve done the same this season, I’m a Town fan first and foremost, that doesn’t mean I have to agree with everything though
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
golfer
August 11, 2018, 8:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from MuddyWaters

And I’ve done the same this season, I’m a Town fan first and foremost, that doesn’t mean I have to agree with everything though

I would call you a realist [amongst other things   ]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
HertsGTFC
August 11, 2018, 9:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I see what your saying.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
Rick12
August 11, 2018, 10:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Townee82
It seems his idea is to implement a process to create a whole new infrastructure at the club and a mental focus , he just needs to get people in place and more importantly time .
What Alex Ferguson done when he took over at Man Utd in the 80s. Changed the drinking culture of the club amongst other things which many disliked and got rid of a few players who werent prepared to change to his high standards.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
grimsby pete
August 12, 2018, 2:43pm

Exile
I blame social media for a lot of our  problems,,

Years ago the chairman or manager did not know what the vast majority of fans thought of them,

Apart from what they heard at the match.

Now our non chairman studies the Fishy daily and by the sound of it Michael Jolly does too,

So I think we should be careful in our criticism of MJ  because he knows far more about football than the rest of us put together.

We do not want to turn him into a miserable git like Hurst because if he stays we will get promoted maybe even twice before he moves on to bigger things.

So Michael forget the comments from last week thats behind us now   we have faith in you and your tactics and believe you can turn average players into good ones.

AND

Good ones into superstars that will sell for loads of money,

Finally some one mentioned a take over led by Michael with some wealthy backers,

Well that would be brilliant if it happened it would mean Michael would be here for the really long term a bit like Barry Fry at Peterborough,

Not that Fry is fit to lace the shoes of Michael.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
MuddyWaters
August 12, 2018, 2:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

Years ago the chairman or manager did not know what the vast majority of fans thought of them,

Now our non chairman studies the Fishy daily and by the sound of it Michael Jolly does too,

So I think we should be careful in our criticism of MJ  because he knows far more about football than the rest of us put together.

We do not want to turn him into a miserable git like Hurst because if he stays we will get promoted maybe even twice before he moves on to bigger things.

So Michael forget the comments from last week thats behind us now   we have faith in you and your tactics and believe you can turn average players into good ones.

AND

Finally some one mentioned a take over led by Michael with some wealthy backers,

Well that would be brilliant if it happened it would mean Michael would be here for the really long term a bit like Barry Fry at Peterborough,

Sorry Pete but do you think that GTFC are the only club with a message board? Of course senior people at every club know what's being written about them - in most cases, they have a minion to do it for them. In our case JF or members of his family or club officials are generally logged in to The Fishy.

Most of the journalists who cover Town have an account too. It's part & parcel of modern football.

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
promotion plaice
August 12, 2018, 2:56pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from grimsby pete

AND

Good post Pete....the highlighted bit did make me smile  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
Townee82
August 12, 2018, 3:22pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
Constructive criticism is what is need not personal attacks and anger fueled rants that we have had to endure on match days it just needs to be kept in perspective and the management given the time to create hopefully a footballing dynasty we can all enjoy and he proud of .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
KingstonMariner
August 12, 2018, 4:02pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

We can’t attract someone like that as his values and beliefs would be and actually are vilified by a large number of Town fans, historically we’re not good at doing different, let’s face it every time we have a Managers vacancy are default position is to start spouting the names of various former players.

For numerous reasons GTFC is not an attractive investment for anyone from outside the area or is not a Town nut, shame really but that just the way it is.

I think we need to abandon that thought. Just accept it and find a way of mobilising what resources we do have at our disposal. But there doesn't seem to be any real appetite for fan ownership beyond a few people, and even fewer willing or able to give the time to run it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
grimsby pete
August 12, 2018, 4:40pm

Exile
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Sorry Pete but do you think that GTFC are the only club with a message board? Of course senior people at every club know what's being written about them - in most cases, they have a minion to do it for them. In our case JF or members of his family or club officials are generally logged in to The Fishy.

Most of the journalists who cover Town have an account too. It's part & parcel of modern football.

I am not interest in any other club apart from ours OC,

My point is in years gone by we did not have social media today we do so we should think once twice and three times before we post,

Now who said that ?  

Before any body says it YES I am guilty of not thinking too hard before I post,

BUT

I am trying to be constructive now not distructive.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
limerickfan
August 12, 2018, 4:47pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +26
I have read the above with interest, some good points some not so good, but regards the extention of BP,if those of you who supported the town when the barracks stand was pulled down,(my old stamping ground), and the findus stand erected, it was stated that it was designed to be extended to cover the 2 corners,i am suretheOsmand stand could be upgraded as the pontoon stand was, just leaves the poor old main stand,but with some real thought, am sure it could be improved, so yes there should be scope to improve BP and increase gate to 12000, which is enough for this area, I am in my mid 70,s and supported the Town since i was 7 when my dad took me, so have seen many up and downs.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 47
Ipswin
August 12, 2018, 4:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from limerickfan
I have read the above with interest, some good points some not so good, but regards the extention of BP,if those of you who supported the town when the barracks stand was pulled down,(my old stamping ground), and the findus stand erected, it was stated that it was designed to be extended to cover the 2 corners,i am suretheOsmand stand could be upgraded as the pontoon stand was, just leaves the poor old main stand,but with some real thought, am sure it could be improved, so yes there should be scope to improve BP and increase gate to 12000, which is enough for this area, I am in my mid 70,s and supported the Town since i was 7 when my dad took me, so have seen many up and downs.

Are these two new stands or have we got six stands at BP?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
MuddyWaters
August 12, 2018, 5:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

I am not interest in any other club apart from ours OC,

My point is in years gone by we did not have social media today we do so we should think once twice and three times before we post,

Now who said that ?  

Before any body says it YES I am guilty of not thinking too hard before I post,

BUT

I am trying to be constructive now not distructive.

I'm not suggesting you shouldn't turn over a new leaf Pete, but surely the idea of a forum is to express your opinion. The only caveat should be that it's done in a respectful way.

Nobody should pretend that last week was anything other than it was but one game doesn't make or break a season. I still believe we are three players short - we've now got three games without Rose (and Whitehouse) and midfield is pretty thin especially in wide areas.

Constructive doesn't mean you can't be critical Pete.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
grimsby pete
August 12, 2018, 5:26pm

Exile
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'm not suggesting you shouldn't turn over a new leaf Pete, but surely the idea of a forum is to express your opinion. The only caveat should be that it's done in a respectful way.

Nobody should pretend that last week was anything other than it was but one game doesn't make or break a season. I still believe we are three players short - we've now got three games without Rose (and Whitehouse) and midfield is pretty thin especially in wide areas.

Constructive doesn't mean you can't be critical Pete.

I agree we are a bit short on numbers and MJ does as well,

He said he will look to bring in some loan players to help the squad,

I am pleased he has not spent money on a striker for the sake of it the players he spends money on have got to be better than the ones we have.

IMO you are one of the posters that do not revert to name calling but you show your displeasure after watching a poor performance,

There is nothing wrong in that.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Jolley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.