promotion plaice
August 12, 2018, 2:56pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from grimsby pete
I blame social media for a lot of our  problems,,

Years ago the chairman or manager did not know what the vast majority of fans thought of them,

Apart from what they heard at the match.

Now our non chairman studies the Fishy daily and by the sound of it Michael Jolly does too,

So I think we should be careful in our criticism of MJ  because he knows far more about football than the rest of us put together.

We do not want to turn him into a miserable git like Hurst because if he stays we will get promoted maybe even twice before he moves on to bigger things.

So Michael forget the comments from last week thats behind us now   we have faith in you and your tactics and believe you can turn average players into good ones.

AND

Good ones into superstars that will sell for loads of money,

Finally some one mentioned a take over led by Michael with some wealthy backers,

Well that would be brilliant if it happened it would mean Michael would be here for the really long term a bit like Barry Fry at Peterborough,

Not that Fry is fit to lace the shoes of Michael.

Good post Pete....the highlighted bit did make me smile  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
Townee82
August 12, 2018, 3:22pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
Constructive criticism is what is need not personal attacks and anger fueled rants that we have had to endure on match days it just needs to be kept in perspective and the management given the time to create hopefully a footballing dynasty we can all enjoy and he proud of .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
KingstonMariner
August 12, 2018, 4:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

We can’t attract someone like that as his values and beliefs would be and actually are vilified by a large number of Town fans, historically we’re not good at doing different, let’s face it every time we have a Managers vacancy are default position is to start spouting the names of various former players.

For numerous reasons GTFC is not an attractive investment for anyone from outside the area or is not a Town nut, shame really but that just the way it is.

I think we need to abandon that thought. Just accept it and find a way of mobilising what resources we do have at our disposal. But there doesn't seem to be any real appetite for fan ownership beyond a few people, and even fewer willing or able to give the time to run it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
grimsby pete
August 12, 2018, 4:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Sorry Pete but do you think that GTFC are the only club with a message board? Of course senior people at every club know what's being written about them - in most cases, they have a minion to do it for them. In our case JF or members of his family or club officials are generally logged in to The Fishy.

Most of the journalists who cover Town have an account too. It's part & parcel of modern football.

I am not interest in any other club apart from ours OC,

My point is in years gone by we did not have social media today we do so we should think once twice and three times before we post,

Now who said that ?  

Before any body says it YES I am guilty of not thinking too hard before I post,

BUT

I am trying to be constructive now not distructive.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
limerickfan
August 12, 2018, 4:47pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +26
I have read the above with interest, some good points some not so good, but regards the extention of BP,if those of you who supported the town when the barracks stand was pulled down,(my old stamping ground), and the findus stand erected, it was stated that it was designed to be extended to cover the 2 corners,i am suretheOsmand stand could be upgraded as the pontoon stand was, just leaves the poor old main stand,but with some real thought, am sure it could be improved, so yes there should be scope to improve BP and increase gate to 12000, which is enough for this area, I am in my mid 70,s and supported the Town since i was 7 when my dad took me, so have seen many up and downs.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 47
Ipswin
August 12, 2018, 4:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from limerickfan
I have read the above with interest, some good points some not so good, but regards the extention of BP,if those of you who supported the town when the barracks stand was pulled down,(my old stamping ground), and the findus stand erected, it was stated that it was designed to be extended to cover the 2 corners,i am suretheOsmand stand could be upgraded as the pontoon stand was, just leaves the poor old main stand,but with some real thought, am sure it could be improved, so yes there should be scope to improve BP and increase gate to 12000, which is enough for this area, I am in my mid 70,s and supported the Town since i was 7 when my dad took me, so have seen many up and downs.

Are these two new stands or have we got six stands at BP?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
MuddyWaters
August 12, 2018, 5:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from grimsby pete

I am not interest in any other club apart from ours OC,

My point is in years gone by we did not have social media today we do so we should think once twice and three times before we post,

Now who said that ?  

Before any body says it YES I am guilty of not thinking too hard before I post,

BUT

I am trying to be constructive now not distructive.

I'm not suggesting you shouldn't turn over a new leaf Pete, but surely the idea of a forum is to express your opinion. The only caveat should be that it's done in a respectful way.

Nobody should pretend that last week was anything other than it was but one game doesn't make or break a season. I still believe we are three players short - we've now got three games without Rose (and Whitehouse) and midfield is pretty thin especially in wide areas.

Constructive doesn't mean you can't be critical Pete.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
grimsby pete
August 12, 2018, 5:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'm not suggesting you shouldn't turn over a new leaf Pete, but surely the idea of a forum is to express your opinion. The only caveat should be that it's done in a respectful way.

Nobody should pretend that last week was anything other than it was but one game doesn't make or break a season. I still believe we are three players short - we've now got three games without Rose (and Whitehouse) and midfield is pretty thin especially in wide areas.

Constructive doesn't mean you can't be critical Pete.

I agree we are a bit short on numbers and MJ does as well,

He said he will look to bring in some loan players to help the squad,

I am pleased he has not spent money on a striker for the sake of it the players he spends money on have got to be better than the ones we have.

IMO you are one of the posters that do not revert to name calling but you show your displeasure after watching a poor performance,

There is nothing wrong in that.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Jolley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.