5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
petethemariner
August 11, 2018, 12:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Vince gets a lot of stick on here, mostly deserved because he comes across as a right arrogant tw@t, but equally you
have to  say fair play to him, he saw his club struggle for survival like us last season and he has put his money where his big mouth is, financially backed his manager and to be fair they looked a bloody good side  last week (helped by us, i know) how long he will/can  carry a village team is open to  question, but you have to say that if a club our size had someone in charge so determined to succeed, the sky would be the limit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
H19P1
August 11, 2018, 5:32am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
A consortium led by MJ would be a good start? Maybe just maybe ok sorry i’ll Wake up and smell the coffee 😃

But never say never I guess and dreams for our dormant club will never fade.

Surly he’s got wealthy circle of contacts in his field of previous employment to join his project?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 47
Croxton
August 11, 2018, 7:58am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Don't put ideas into certain Journo's heads. They may think you are an impeccable source.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
HertsGTFC
August 11, 2018, 8:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227

"Check out what Philip Day said..."

To be fair that was a ludicrous, off the cuff remark from Mr.Day at a one off press conference.

The FGR chairman oozes confidence and arrogance because he knows that money talks, and he has got plenty of it to waste on a vanity project.

He may well get FGR to the Championship but you have to ask why?

Why can't we attract someone like that,who not only could put the money in but would bask in the glory of putting a real football town back on the map?

We can’t attract someone like that as his values and beliefs would be and actually are vilified by a large number of Town fans, historically we’re not good at doing different, let’s face it every time we have a Managers vacancy are default position is to start spouting the names of various former players.

For numerous reasons GTFC is not an attractive investment for anyone from outside the area or is not a Town nut, shame really but that just the way it is.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 47
MuddyWaters
August 11, 2018, 8:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If you’re that negative about things (and have been for a while) why did you step up as a minor sponsor last season?

And I’ve done the same this season, I’m a Town fan first and foremost, that doesn’t mean I have to agree with everything though
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
golfer
August 11, 2018, 8:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from MuddyWaters

And I’ve done the same this season, I’m a Town fan first and foremost, that doesn’t mean I have to agree with everything though

I would call you a realist [amongst other things   ]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
HertsGTFC
August 11, 2018, 9:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I see what your saying.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
Rick12
August 11, 2018, 10:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Townee82
It seems his idea is to implement a process to create a whole new infrastructure at the club and a mental focus , he just needs to get people in place and more importantly time .
What Alex Ferguson done when he took over at Man Utd in the 80s. Changed the drinking culture of the club amongst other things which many disliked and got rid of a few players who werent prepared to change to his high standards.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
grimsby pete
August 12, 2018, 2:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
I blame social media for a lot of our  problems,,

Years ago the chairman or manager did not know what the vast majority of fans thought of them,

Apart from what they heard at the match.

Now our non chairman studies the Fishy daily and by the sound of it Michael Jolly does too,

So I think we should be careful in our criticism of MJ  because he knows far more about football than the rest of us put together.

We do not want to turn him into a miserable git like Hurst because if he stays we will get promoted maybe even twice before he moves on to bigger things.

So Michael forget the comments from last week thats behind us now   we have faith in you and your tactics and believe you can turn average players into good ones.

AND

Good ones into superstars that will sell for loads of money,

Finally some one mentioned a take over led by Michael with some wealthy backers,

Well that would be brilliant if it happened it would mean Michael would be here for the really long term a bit like Barry Fry at Peterborough,

Not that Fry is fit to lace the shoes of Michael.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
MuddyWaters
August 12, 2018, 2:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from grimsby pete
I blame social media for a lot of our  problems,,

Years ago the chairman or manager did not know what the vast majority of fans thought of them,

Apart from what they heard at the match.

Now our non chairman studies the Fishy daily and by the sound of it Michael Jolly does too,

So I think we should be careful in our criticism of MJ  because he knows far more about football than the rest of us put together.

We do not want to turn him into a miserable git like Hurst because if he stays we will get promoted maybe even twice before he moves on to bigger things.

So Michael forget the comments from last week thats behind us now   we have faith in you and your tactics and believe you can turn average players into good ones.

AND

Good ones into superstars that will sell for loads of money,

Finally some one mentioned a take over led by Michael with some wealthy backers,

Well that would be brilliant if it happened it would mean Michael would be here for the really long term a bit like Barry Fry at Peterborough,

Not that Fry is fit to lace the shoes of Michael.

Sorry Pete but do you think that GTFC are the only club with a message board? Of course senior people at every club know what's being written about them - in most cases, they have a minion to do it for them. In our case JF or members of his family or club officials are generally logged in to The Fishy.

Most of the journalists who cover Town have an account too. It's part & parcel of modern football.

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Jolley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.