5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
November 19, 2018, 8:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Mariner93er
How do you know he's even good enough to be breaking in at all. Yes it was a great finish, but come on, no ones barely seen him play. I'd be surprised if he's in the starting line up anytime soon.

Especially with the new striker arriving in Jan
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
lukeo
November 19, 2018, 8:05am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Quoted from Mariner93er
How do you know he's even good enough to be breaking in at all. Yes it was a great finish, but come on, no ones barely seen him play. I'd be surprised if he's in the starting line up anytime soon.

Everyone at the club have seen him play for the past 18 months and stuck by him throughout that whole time (3 managers?) we obviously have been paying for him to stay here etc for the past 18 months. Someone I know who worked with him closely within the youth team has said he's raw talent and could become a quality player and he is a genuinely decent lad aswell which is always pleasing to hear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
RoboCod
November 19, 2018, 8:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Mariner93er

The fact that we've stuck by him through his visa problems and what he's showing in reserves/training matches is what the management are going on. So we don't know how good he is just yet, but I'd hope he's judged, patiently, on his all round and still developing play rather than just one example of his finishing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 44
diehardmariner
November 19, 2018, 8:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,095
Gold Stars: 520
Quoted from Cloudy

Surely not.

Thomas, Cardwell, Cook, Vernam, Hooper and Rose plus a new striker?

Hooper appears to have been frozen out but it would take a hard sell to get anyone to take the final 6 months of his contract off our hands in January.  I would imagine Cook came here in the summer expecting to play more than he has, now reduced to warming the bench with a 19-year-old rookie getting the nod before him.  Wonder if his name will be touted about.    I definitely think we could do with a refresh in the striking options.  Rose gives the pace and Cardwell adds a bit more physicality but I think we would definitely benefit from an absolute battering ram or (ideally and) a fox-in-the-box poacher type.  
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
Davec
November 19, 2018, 9:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Cloudy

Have you heard anything Cloudy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.