4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Corkyefes
August 8, 2018, 8:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -117
Gold Stars: 7
After the game on Saturday, I didn't lose all my positivity, but I was severely deflated walking out of BP.

Lets forget about the two goals, one of which was just a pure error and the other one from RHJ came after our heads had gone.

The thing that worried me is that we was completely played off the park and we resulted to nothing but the long ball game.

Jolley seemed to 'blame' the players for not playing to his game plan, however we played the long ball game in both the first and second half.... why didn't Jolley rip into them at half time if this was the case? ... That slightly worried me.

I'm not keen on this 3-5-2 formation, or should I say, I'm not keen on it with the players we have got.

I feel as though Jolley is playing this formation just to accommodate Welsh playing in the deeper role, which is understandable as I don't think he is mobile enough to play in a 4-4-2.
However with these players its not working. It didn't in pre season and it didn't in this first game.

No offence to Clifton because I think he can be a good player in the future, but in my opinion, he cannot play in that position. Unfortunatley he was ripped a new one by Reid on Saturday

I'm very worried about our left hand side aswell. Dixon isn't good enough, Woolford isn't good enough (albeit playing more centre ish) and Fox in pre season looked absolutely shocking (is he bothered now he has secured a contract). RJH would be ok on the left hand side, however he is really a right footed player.... We would be putting square pegs in round holes already.

The one thing I am worried about is who and how we are going to score goals?
In all honesty, we could have Harry Kane up front, but if we don't create the chances, we wont score goals.

We had 1 shot on target at the weekend and that was the penalty (I know the website say three, any proper football fan knew they wasn't shots).
For me that's frightening.

Hooper is not the answer and in all honesty I was disappointed that he never moved on in the summer.
Lets not think that the lad has suddenly become a world beater because he scored a hatrick in a non important game at the end of last season.

Thing is, I think Jolley knows this aswell, that's why he has gone for Bowman and Angol.
I'm worried that we haven't been successful in any of our targets. Is this out of Jolleys hands? Very probable.

I'm hoping for a left sided player and a striker to sign before the deadline tomorrow, however will they be panic buys. Probably.

I'm worried for Jolley. This is the first time he has had some negativity mentioned against him. Rightly or wrongly.

The thing I am seriously worried about, is there is a possibility that we may not pick up any points in the first five games. Not looking forward to coming on here if that happens.

All the above is just my opinion. I would love to be proven wrong.

Private Message
hheh2
August 8, 2018, 9:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Lets wait and see what happens.

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
ginnywings
August 8, 2018, 9:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
That's a lot of worry after 1 game.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
lew chaterleys lover
August 8, 2018, 9:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,648
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Corkyefes
After the game on Saturday, I didn't lose all my positivity, but I was severely deflated walking out of BP.

Lets forget about the two goals, one of which was just a pure error and the other one from RHJ came after our heads had gone.

The thing that worried me is that we was completely played off the park and we resulted to nothing but the long ball game.

Jolley seemed to 'blame' the players for not playing to his game plan, however we played the long ball game in both the first and second half.... why didn't Jolley rip into them at half time if this was the case? ... That slightly worried me.

I'm not keen on this 3-5-2 formation, or should I say, I'm not keen on it with the players we have got.

I feel as though Jolley is playing this formation just to accommodate Welsh playing in the deeper role, which is understandable as I don't think he is mobile enough to play in a 4-4-2.
However with these players its not working. It didn't in pre season and it didn't in this first game.

No offence to Clifton because I think he can be a good player in the future, but in my opinion, he cannot play in that position. Unfortunatley he was ripped a new one by Reid on Saturday

I'm very worried about our left hand side aswell. Dixon isn't good enough, Woolford isn't good enough (albeit playing more centre ish) and Fox in pre season looked absolutely shocking (is he bothered now he has secured a contract). RJH would be ok on the left hand side, however he is really a right footed player.... We would be putting square pegs in round holes already.

In all honesty, we could have Harry Kane up front, but if we don't create the chances, we wont score goals.

We had 1 shot on target at the weekend and that was the penalty (I know the website say three, any proper football fan knew they wasn't shots).

Hooper is not the answer and in all honesty I was disappointed that he never moved on in the summer.
Lets not think that the lad has suddenly become a world beater because he scored a hatrick in a non important game at the end of last season.

Thing is, I think Jolley knows this aswell, that's why he has gone for Bowman and Angol.
I'm worried that we haven't been successful in any of our targets. Is this out of Jolleys hands? Very probable.

I'm hoping for a left sided player and a striker to sign before the deadline tomorrow, however will they be panic buys. Probably.

I'm worried for Jolley. This is the first time he has had some negativity mentioned against him. Rightly or wrongly.

The thing I am seriously worried about, is there is a possibility that we may not pick up any points in the first five games. Not looking forward to coming on here if that happens.

I wouldn't worry quite as much as that. I have seen us play brilliantly in the first game of the season and win it comfortably and then...get relegated.

Conversely I have seen us lose the first game and get promoted. I think the truth is that FGR were very good, and we didn't seem able to combat it. Perhaps give them more praise and us less stick? It was a wake up call, nothing more.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
Corkyefes
August 8, 2018, 9:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -117
Gold Stars: 7
No I understand, I haven't lost all positivity, I was just slight worried after Saturday of how easily we was played off the park and how easily we rolled over.

Hopefully Jolley can rectify it quickly.

I'm probably just panicking and if we got a result on Saturday I would feel completely different.

I haven't been inspired by the signings if I'm brutally honest.

We currently have 6 strikers on the books and non are proven.
That position and the left hand side is a major worry for me.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
jamesgtfc
August 8, 2018, 9:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Corkyefes
No I understand, I haven't lost all positivity, I was just slight worried after Saturday of how easily we was played off the park and how easily we rolled over.

Hopefully Jolley can rectify it quickly.

I'm probably just panicking and if we got a result on Saturday I would feel completely different.

I haven't been inspired by the signings if I'm brutally honest.

We currently have 6 strikers on the books and non are proven.
That position and the left hand side is a major worry for me.

I think Fox needs a run of games to find his feet but he is dependable and has decent delivery. I personally think we should adopt a 4-1-3-2 with the full backs pushing on whilst Welsh sits deep. As one full back pushes on, one of the midfield 3 (or Welsh) can cover.

We need at least 1 striker to work the channels and pull defences whilst the midfielders push on, making late runs into the box.

I'm not worried but if we put in a performance like that again, I will be very worried.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
Skrill
August 8, 2018, 9:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Patience my fishy friend.

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
Stew0_0
August 8, 2018, 10:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 35
Kill me now. Town have lost a game!!!

Let the lords strike down upon thee with great vengeance and ferious anger and lets loath the very people that turned the clubs fortunes around with promotion form towards the end of the last term.

This bunch are clearly no hopers with no passion or prospects or care for the club.......

But wait they all facking live here. All on more than 1 year deals, theyve bought into the fact that town have passionate, football loving, supportive supporters. Maybe so but a majority on the fishy (arguably some non-town supporting Gremlins) want to destroy everything after 1 single defeat!!

Lets hope to god that any players read this site as they might as well panick and request a move to solihull.

Lets face it. I dont think town fans ARE the best in the league. We expect the unrealistic and when they dont get it any player is a victim on a matchday, even for 1 bad pass. Wonder why Angol thought that town was not a good choice for him.

Think that because of our remote status, unforgiving supporters, rotting stadium and unfashionable (being polite) town status we are struggling to attract players here. Personally i think that Jolley has recruited well and the players will turn out to be good signings.

Not sure what my drunken post is trying to lead to but why cant we just support the club we love. Back the people who represent us and are clearly trying to achieve something here. Jolley is the man, the guy with the brains and drive like Dyche at Burnley to say we are better tham the level we are used to. If we all pull in one positive direction the skies that limit, Buckley's babes proved it in the championship.
Lets back this club with everything and we can be a formidible force. We have the passion, if used in the right way can produce success.

We are town not just the 11 on the pitch but all Grimbarians and Meggies crammed into BP and into away ends each season.

Forget Saturday and lets do this!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
mirrorballman
August 8, 2018, 10:16pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +552
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Corkyefes

Worry, worry, worry. Man up to intercourse, will you. That goes for all of you crying about formations and wing-backs and signings that haven't been made and any other balderdash. One game and we have all this bealing. Write it off and move on. It should be easy, it's second nature if you've been a Town fan for longer than ten minutes. If we're the same mess after 15 games, we'll sit down and have a worry together.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
MuddyWaters
August 8, 2018, 10:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Stew0_0
Kill me now. Town have lost a game!!!

Let the lords strike down upon thee with great vengeance and ferious anger and lets loath the very people that turned the clubs fortunes around with promotion form towards the end of the last term.

This bunch are clearly no hopers with no passion or prospects or care for the club.......

But wait they all facking live here. All on more than 1 year deals, theyve bought into the fact that town have passionate, football loving, supportive supporters. Maybe so but a majority on the fishy (arguably some non-town supporting Gremlins) want to destroy everything after 1 single defeat!!

Lets hope to god that any players read this site as they might as well panick and request a move to solihull.

Lets face it. I dont think town fans ARE the best in the league. We expect the unrealistic and when they dont get it any player is a victim on a matchday, even for 1 bad pass. Wonder why Angol thought that town was not a good choice for him.

Think that because of our remote status, unforgiving supporters, rotting stadium and unfashionable (being polite) town status we are struggling to attract players here. Personally i think that Jolley has recruited well and the players will turn out to be good signings.

Not sure what my drunken post is trying to lead to but why cant we just support the club we love. Back the people who represent us and are clearly trying to achieve something here. Jolley is the man, the guy with the brains and drive like Dyche at Burnley to say we are better tham the level we are used to. If we all pull in one positive direction the skies that limit, Buckley's babes proved it in the championship.
Lets back this club with everything and we can be a formidible force. We have the passion, if used in the right way can produce success.

We are town not just the 11 on the pitch but all Grimbarians and Meggies crammed into BP and into away ends each season.

Forget Saturday and lets do this!!!!

We do. But we want it to be better and while we are run in the way we are, we can't compete. And it gets frustrating.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Deflated and Slightly Worried

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.