1mickylyons
August 9, 2018, 1:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from realist
But it does make me wonder that if they had to work a lot harder for our money would we get less bad days like last Saturday?  Does the club really deserve such blind support?

Here you make a great point.I have raised this several times and you are most certainly right to challenge it and hopefully at some point we might get heard.We can only effect things we can change and assuming we still wish to attend the games and support the team/manager/club that means putting it formally through the correct channels.A good rant will only ever make you feel better it won`t change anything.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
ginnywings
August 9, 2018, 1:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from realist
But it does make me wonder that if they had to work a lot harder for our money would we get less bad days like last Saturday?  Does the club really deserve such blind support?

I agree with you in principle, and i have not bought one myself this season, partly for the reasons you mention. If we are as bad again this year, i have the option to swerve some games, but if we do well, the club will get more money out of me over the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
realist
August 9, 2018, 1:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from 1mickylyons

whilst saying 3k people are mugs for parting with it

In my opinion yes. But we live in a free society and you can do what you want within reason as I can say what I want within reason.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
mariner91
August 9, 2018, 1:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from realist

Thats strange, just about every other business can. Why cant football clubs? Give the punters the right product and they will come

I could reasonably argue that things are so bad because of st holders. They have your cash regardless and don't have to put any effort in to get your repeat custom.  So you are the cause of a lot of the problems, not a cure as you would prefer to see yourselves

No. You couldn't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
Northbank Mariner
August 9, 2018, 4:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
I'm afraid realist it's not about giving the club blind support, to me about supporting this club through thick and thin, the bad, the good and the ugly times and I can guarantee you one thing, if it wasn't for the STHs the gates at BP would never be over 2000, which directly affects all involved, from the bar, to the burger vans, programme sales and Mcdonalds(slightly tongue in cheek)..
With a season ticket in my back pocket I make sure I get there, would I feel I need to get my backside down there if not and maybe sit in my armchair, put radio Hullside on, crack a tinny open???....
So all I'm saying is, without STHs this club would be in a bigger mess than it is right now...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
Mendonca1995
August 9, 2018, 6:44pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from fleabag1970
Mr Fenty now has his 3000  loyal servants he now has the money , along with the Dembele 100k to see the season out . He isn't gonna give a flying f what any of you lot think now ... exceptional PR JOB BY ALL CONCERNED .....

Dembele 100 grand and the rest !!!

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
Croxton
August 9, 2018, 9:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Chicken feed to GYFerrers. There would be more STHs but for work, family circumstances and exile travel issues.  A ST is just not viable for many. Far from being a mug or blind supporter I saw the opportunity to save a few quid on the £1100 I spent last year and took the plunge.  For the previous 60 years it was not an option.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
KingstonMariner
August 9, 2018, 9:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from realist
So other businesses dont have large recurring expenditure to keep competitive. I have a 1,5 million upgrade due  which I managed to budget for even with most of my customers invoiced 90 days on account. I will need more larger investment next year. Far more than is being spent on new players and site mntnce. Plus I have to suffer major depreciation, there is never a Bogle type windfall A football club is absolutely no different apart from a few mugs  that think they are "doing ther bit" by paying upfront

There aren't that many investments as risky as a footballer. For every Bogle there's several crocks.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.