monkeyboy
August 9, 2018, 11:34am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Ipswin

The new ground, I refuse to call it a stadium, we're a 4th division club and stadiums,( or is it stadia?) are where they have dog racing, anyway it's dead in the water, has been for months that's why Fenty has been keeping his gob shut for so long. The NIMBYs have been quiet as have the council and that fly-by-night sounding lot who were supposed to be involved

It ain't gonna happen

I completely agree, think it was a false promise at the start really to get people spending at the club again based on hollow truths and false promises.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
HertsGTFC
August 9, 2018, 11:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from realist

Thats strange, just about every other business can. Why cant football clubs? Give the punters the right product and they will come

I could reasonably argue that things are so bad because of st holders. They have your cash regardless and don't have to put any effort in to get your repeat custom.  So you are the cause of a lot of the problems, not a cure as  would prefer to see yourselves

No they don’t, businesses spend money on investment players, facilities, infrastructure in terms of a football club by using capital expenditure and not by taking money straight out of the day to day trading account.

Season ticket sales give a boost to cash flow and working capital that a few good gates could never match.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 47
realist
August 9, 2018, 12:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
So other businesses dont have large recurring expenditure to keep competitive. I have a 1,5 million upgrade due  which I managed to budget for even with most of my customers invoiced 90 days on account. I will need more larger investment next year. Far more than is being spent on new players and site mntnce. Plus I have to suffer major depreciation, there is never a Bogle type windfall A football club is absolutely no different apart from a few mugs  that think they are "doing ther bit" by paying upfront
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
ska face
August 9, 2018, 12:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
getyourfactsright disappears...realist pops up.

Private Message
Reply: 33 - 47
Northbank Mariner
August 9, 2018, 12:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from realist
So other businesses dont have large recurring expenditure to keep competitive. I have a 1,5 million upgrade due  which I managed to budget for even with most of my customers invoiced 90 days on account. I will need more larger investment next year. Far more than is being spent on new players and site mntnce. Plus I have to suffer major depreciation, there is never a Bogle type windfall A football club is absolutely no different apart from a few mugs  that think they are "doing ther bit" by paying upfront

Any business will have a core of "guaranteed" contracts, without these they rely on floating accounts which are greatly affected by market forces...so on GTFCs case, so once they look at the budget they have a pot of cash they can use, that being ST sales and sponsors who have paid upfront, so paying on the day doesn't generate an income stream that can be relied on because as I have said,  the factors involved in not getting people through the gates are infinite where as sponsorship and ST sales are upfront payments and puts a definite amount of cash in the bank...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
realist
August 9, 2018, 1:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Exactly my point the income stream can't be relied on  unless there is a cracking team and facilities.  If nobody paid upfront they would have to look after the fans a lot better. A better team and facilities would result in higher gates so everyone benefits. So the real cause of all the problems at gtfc are the seaon ticket holders
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
ginnywings
August 9, 2018, 1:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Yeah but buying a season ticket for the Upper saves you £143 on the season, guarantees you a seat and first dibs at in demand tickets, so i suspect that is why most people buy one. Where's the harm in that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
realist
August 9, 2018, 1:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
None at all. Your money and you spend it as you see fit. I was just discussing a theory.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
1mickylyons
August 9, 2018, 1:34pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from realist
None at all. Your money and you spend it as you see fit. I was just discussing a theory.

whilst saying 3k people are mugs for parting with it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
realist
August 9, 2018, 1:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
But it does make me wonder that if they had to work a lot harder for our money would we get less bad days like last Saturday?  Does the club really deserve such blind support?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.