Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
fleabag1970
August 8, 2018, 9:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Just  for the record i shook John's hand after the notts county game ..... I like the bloke . He is a fantastic business man

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
Gainsbro_Mariner
August 8, 2018, 9:28pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Then who has been running the club for the last 15 years? Oh yeah, ITV Digital. Look at our facilities, decrepit stadium, non-league training facilities, recent history.

Youre starting an age old argument there and you’re completely missing my point, which was to do with the summers preparations and the coming season. Meaning everyone was happy as a pig in excrement before Saturday, now we lost it’s back to having a dig at Fenty again. If we’d won on Saturday we’d not be discussing Fenty, if we’d signed Lee Angol, we’d not be talking about him either but it just seems to be the go to taboo subject when we either lose a game or don’t land a player who is supposed to be hot excrement. Now I’m no advocate of JF, but what’s the guy done wrong in the last few days ?

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
fleabag1970
August 8, 2018, 9:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
And  stop spelling my name wrong

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
MuddyWaters
August 8, 2018, 9:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner

Youre starting an age old argument there and you’re completely missing my point, which was to do with the summers preparations and the coming season. Meaning everyone was happy as a pig in excrement before Saturday, now we lost it’s back to having a dig at Fenty again. If we’d won on Saturday we’d not be discussing Fenty, if we’d signed Lee Angol, we’d not be talking about him either but it just seems to be the go to taboo subject when we either lose a game or don’t land a player who is supposed to be hot excrement. Now I’m no advocate of JF, but what’s the guy done wrong in the last few days ?

It's an age old argument but that doesn't make it irrelevant. GTFC was a club with a proud history of over achievements, now we struggle to attract moderate footballers who see us as a poor option or, worse still, a soft opportunity. Let's face facts, we are a club that seems to struggle to stand still let alone make progress. It's not about what's gone wrong in the past few days, it's about the culture of failure and negativity that has become the norm. At Christmas, I will have been going to Blundell Park for 50 years, I would really love to see the club progress under MJ but the club has to change and a good start would be to treat the fans with a bit of respect rather than the current 'shut up and go away' mentality.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
fleabag1970
August 8, 2018, 9:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
I also think MJ  is the right man to take town forward ..... but hey don't let that get in the way of the posters who can't read properly

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
promotion plaice
August 8, 2018, 9:47pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Clearly there's noting on the telly tonight........

Is "Bargain Hunt" on tonight?  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
fleabag1970
August 8, 2018, 9:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Its been crap since DD quit

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
HertsGTFC
August 8, 2018, 10:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It's an age old argument but that doesn't make it irrelevant. GTFC was a club with a proud history of over achievements, now we struggle to attract moderate footballers who see us as a poor option or, worse still, a soft opportunity. Let's face facts, we are a club that seems to struggle to stand still let alone make progress. It's not about what's gone wrong in the past few days, it's about the culture of failure and negativity that has become the norm. At Christmas, I will have been going to Blundell Park for 50 years, I would really love to see the club progress under MJ but the club has to change and a good start would be to treat the fans with a bit of respect rather than the current 'shut up and go away' mentality.

I share your frustration but I’m not sure where the fans have been treated with disrespect in recent weeks.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
lew chaterleys lover
August 8, 2018, 10:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner

You make a reasonable point but you cannot separate  Fentys tenure into the last few days.

We have had 16 or 17 years of absolute rubbish whilst he has been involved and sadly that is unlikely to change.

The minute we lose a game the emphasis is once again on the main man, because he pulls all the strings. That is not going to change unless something momentous happens. I think Fenty would only get any praise if we get to the Championship in "5 years." I wonder what the bookies odds are on that?
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.