Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fantastic Quote.............
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 273 Guests

Fantastic Quote.............

This thread currently has 5,394 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
pizzzza
August 8, 2018, 10:46am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Here we go again, hyper-analysing every single word uttered by the manager. Certain posters did this with Hurst didn't they? It got boring in the end. Respect anyone's right to an opinion but obvious trolls like this Codfather or Yoda (probably the same person) who post nothing but negativity just to wind people up should get suspended from this site.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 39
realist
August 8, 2018, 11:05am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
I am here. I take these quotes and hysterical reactions with a pinch of salt nowadays, although it was a bit like Carney talking down the pound last week.
I applaud MJs honesty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 39
chaos33
August 8, 2018, 11:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Is it just possible that the remarks have been isolated then reproduced on here entirely devoid of a context??

What's that saying about empty vessels....?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 39
Mallyner
August 8, 2018, 11:25am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Not exactly the greatest sales pitch when the next home game is a Cup tie when everyone has to pay.

Apart from those who dont go.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 39
Croxton
August 8, 2018, 11:31am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
If MJ had said anything more upbeat he would have been accused of polishing waste material. Anyone witnessing preseason would have been able to manage their own expectations down to 'cautiously optimistic'.
After the Whitehouse and and Cardwell injuries and failure to get Koiki in a point would have been brilliant in my view.
Not defending his selections but would people stop hanging on football managers' every word.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 39
grimsby pete
August 8, 2018, 11:55am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Jolley was just being honest yes some of us were expecting a play off place at least,

He also said in his post match interview that this century we have finish 4th once in the LEAGUE and the highest figure after that was 14th.

Very sad statistics so he was right in telling us not to expect too much this season.

I do not think the gates will be effected by what he says they will be effected on how the team plays,

Lets hope they play better than he is expecting and as good as some of us are expecting.

If we do not get that extra striker in 14th will be the best we can hope for unless Hooper or one of the other lads can start scoring on a regular basis.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 39
barralad
August 8, 2018, 12:27pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Yoda
Translating that quote it means I have crap players no budget so do not expect much this season.!

I cannot wait to get back to waste another 21 pounds.

And as if by magic the other one pipes up. It's almost telepathic..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 39
Jarmo.Is.God
August 8, 2018, 12:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
it's all Hurst fault
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 39
MuddyWaters
August 8, 2018, 12:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

And as if by magic the other one pipes up. It's almost telepathic..

Perhaps someone should enlighten the fans about what the clubs expectations are this year then we might not get too disappointed when we are humiliated by FGR.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 39
headingly_mariner
August 8, 2018, 12:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
The expectations going in to the season were way too high. Bloke who sits next to me was saying before the kick off that we will get automatic promotion and then at the end of the game he’s saying we are going down.

I felt the squad was light before Saturday and it still looks light. We had a big squad lacking in quality last season and Jolley got a tune out of them. Hopefully he can get some key additions in today and tomorrow so we can compete. It’s always going to be an uphill struggle when you factor in how the club has been run, but my hope is Jolley is a good coach and will be able to build a team on the budget. I think we will probably end up mid table.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fantastic Quote.............

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.