Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Worst start to the season at home ever..........
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 155 Guests

Worst start to the season at home ever..........

This thread currently has 1,123 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
TheCodfather1966
August 5, 2018, 10:21am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Not sure I can ever remember a poorer start to the season in a home fixture in over 40 seasons of watching town.......  We started okay, but it soon became apparent that FGR had better quality players all over the park and at times just passed us to death.  They were quick on the break and made us look very poor.  Great home support as ever, but clearly we have not really learned the lessons from last season.  We desperately need two or three more quality signings with pedigree and a proven goal scorer, otherwise 50 points is going to look like climbing Everest.  This looks a strong division this season and we need to fight like hell to survive.  Very early days granted, but the support will fade massively if we serve that type of performance up again.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
chaos33
August 5, 2018, 10:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,864
Gold Stars: 353
Jeez, yet another thread to say more of the same. Couldn't this have been stuck on one of the myriad other threads full of people saying it's the worst they've ever seen?

Sunshine, kids, hobbies....all likely to bring a bit more fun and enjoyment than just posting the same old vitriol and overstatement.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
pizzzza
August 5, 2018, 10:32am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,688
Gold Stars: 137
Did this really need another thread? Before posting next time maybe just consider if what you want to say could fit in with an existing thread before starting another.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
Lincoln Mariner 56
August 5, 2018, 10:43am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,599
Gold Stars: 64
Did we not lose 4-0 to Crewe in first home game of relegation season?

Anyway poor result, poor performance but as I said on another thread, a couple of selection changes, a new striker who can lead the line and maybe a tweak in formation will see us alright.

May take a month or two before we see us really gel but thought that before yesterday’s match which have to admit was a shock to the system. Think this setback will give us a further insight into MJ and how good a Manager he can become.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
Lincoln Mariner 56
August 5, 2018, 10:43am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,599
Gold Stars: 64

Anyway poor result, poor performance but as I said on another thread, a couple of selection changes, a new striker who can lead the line and maybe a tweak in formation will see us alright.

May take a month or two before we see us really gel but thought that before yesterday’s match which have to admit was a shock to the system. Think this setback will give us a further insight into MJ and how good a Manager he can become.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
lew chaterleys lover
August 5, 2018, 11:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,650
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
Not sure I can ever remember a poorer start to the season in a home fixture in over 40 seasons of watching town.......  We started okay, but it soon became apparent that FGR had better quality players all over the park and at times just passed us to death.  They were quick on the break and made us look very poor.  Great home support as ever, but clearly we have not really learned the lessons from last season.  We desperately need two or three more quality signings with pedigree and a proven goal scorer, otherwise 50 points is going to look like climbing Everest.  This looks a strong division this season and we need to fight like hell to survive.  Very early days granted, but the support will fade massively if we serve that type of performance up again.

UTM

It wouldn't have been nearly as bad if we weren't playing FGR. Now that is something I never thought I would write, but it is true. They were absolutely superb, and if I ever see Town play as sweetly as that I would be a very happy man.

I didn't recognise any of their players aside from Gunning and the lad up front, but they must be paying top wack to get good players to go there, and good luck to them. This chairman of theirs has obviously got a plan, is driven to achieve it and got the money to back it up so footballing fortune is more than likely awaiting them.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
Ipswin
August 5, 2018, 11:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 3605

Thank intercourse for that, we're obviously moving in the right direction

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
TownSNAFU5
August 5, 2018, 12:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,825
Gold Stars: 42
That 4-0 defeat at home to Crewe was a terrible team performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
Skrill
August 5, 2018, 3:45pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Losing the first game of the season, looking at the past two seasons only means we should win our next three games right?

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Worst start to the season at home ever..........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.