Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › You could tell something wasn’t quite right...
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 147 Guests

You could tell something wasn’t quite right...

This thread currently has 5,367 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
August 5, 2018, 10:30am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Gaffer58
I just hope those that were impressed with FGR and think they will be around the top are correct, because if they are a bottom 6 team where does it put us,remember Chesterfield last year and because we beat them how good we thought we were.

They were last season, but that side was much improved and much changed. I'd be staggered if they finished below half way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
oldun
August 5, 2018, 1:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Listening their fans as they left BP. They were gobsmacked at what they had seen and as they said, they did not see that coming. Neither did we, that is football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
Yoda
August 5, 2018, 3:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,949
Gold Stars: 65
It felt a bit like a friendly yesterday no urgency no real effort.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
Grim74
August 5, 2018, 3:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
What puzzles me is that when Jolley came in with 10 games or so to go he immediately got us playing some kind of football, and it was one of the factors that got the fans back on board after all those painful months of Slade hoofball. So why did we resort back to hoof ball?

If there is one thing that will turn the fans its excrement route 1 football, admittedly I wasn't there yesterday but even the village green fans commented on our lump. It and hope game plan.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
TownSNAFU5
August 5, 2018, 4:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Like HertsGTFC, my daughter also got married yesterday.  We were both spared the carnage of such a very poor Town performance.

After one game, however dire, judgements cannot be made on the rest of the season.  Jolley is more likely to make the changes needed after a very poor performance than after an average team performance.

I will be there next Sat and hope to see a better game.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
devs
August 5, 2018, 6:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,960
Gold Stars: 30
Totally agree with 58Mariner (see below)

Can’t agree on rose vs Woolford. The latter at least retained possession and looked creative on the ball. He’s not going to make bursting runs at his age but he’s one of few with a bit of guile on the ball. Rose and Welsh in there to do the hard yards. Really don’t understand why people rate Rose, bar his penalty taking abilities. Makes silly fouls in bad areas, gives the ball away in bad areas, looked lost and half a yard off all of their midfielders. Passenger again today.

Why when we lose do people always cite 'he showed passion' - that should be a given and players show it in different ways. I thought all players showed passion and commitment yesterday. We want controlled passion but far more intelligence, craft and composure
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › You could tell something wasn’t quite right...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.