Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › You could tell something wasn’t quite right...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 212 Guests

You could tell something wasn’t quite right...

This thread currently has 5,396 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
August 5, 2018, 6:51am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Agree with Clifton shouldn’t be shoe horned into a team just to fill a position , he looked lost unfortunately Reid and mills doubled up on him and Harry got more and more frustrated which resulted in the positional mistakes. Having said that others played poorly in their preferred positions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
58mariner
August 5, 2018, 7:02am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -80
Teams aren’t stupid. They will target our right hand side knowing Clifton is only young and inexperienced. Centre halves will therefore get pulled out of position. 3-5-2 also relys on midfielders getting out to close down players if our wings backs are pinned back and rose and Woolford just weren’t doing that yesterday, hence our awkward shape throughout.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
Townee82
August 5, 2018, 7:46am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
Thought Welsh showed what's to come industrious , fearless just a shame about 6 or 7 others .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
ginnywings
August 5, 2018, 8:00am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
There is also another possibility. FGR were just much better than us, and they pulled us out of shape and forced us into panic strewn errors. I think that was one of the best footballing displays i have seen by a visiting team for a long time. Certainly much better than your average league 2 side. Clifton was excellent at the end of last season, but he was up against the best player on the pitch for me. Their wide left player was top drawer.

I'd be surprised if a i saw a better all round display than theirs again this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
dapperz fun pub
August 5, 2018, 8:46am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
There is also another possibility. FGR were just much better than us, and they pulled us out of shape and forced us into panic strewn errors. I think that was one of the best footballing displays i have seen by a visiting team for a long time. Certainly much better than your average league 2 side. Clifton was excellent at the end of last season, but he was up against the best player on the pitch for me. Their wide left player was top drawer.

I'd be surprised if a i saw a better all round display than theirs again this season.

Fair assessment that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
58mariner
August 5, 2018, 9:13am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -80
Couldn’t agree more. Very envious
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
lew chaterleys lover
August 5, 2018, 9:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings

This is the top and bottom of it. We were totally outplayed, much as it pains me to say it.

They took us by surprise by how good they were, but our formation against a team as skilful and as fluent as them made things much worse.

It is a shame we had to get them first up, as they have obviously spent a lot in wages to get together a team like that; had we got most other teams at home I am sure we would have given them a decent game.

Nothing is decided after one game though, and it will be interesting to see where both teams finish up, but I would be shocked if FGR don't have a great season.If they don't we might be in a spot of bother...
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
MuddyWaters
August 5, 2018, 9:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ginnywings

Amazing how these recently promoted teams (FGR/Lincoln) seem to look to develop to the next level  
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
Gaffer58
August 5, 2018, 9:35am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
I just hope those that were impressed with FGR and think they will be around the top are correct, because if they are a bottom 6 team where does it put us,remember Chesterfield last year and because we beat them how good we thought we were.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
dapperz fun pub
August 5, 2018, 9:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Gaffer58
I just hope those that were impressed with FGR and think they will be around the top are correct, because if they are a bottom 6 team where does it put us,remember Chesterfield last year and because we beat them how good we thought we were.

With the talent they have and a chairman who will strengthen in Jan no reason why won't be up there no reason at all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › You could tell something wasn’t quite right...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.