Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We’ve got the players our budget deserves.!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 112 Guests

We’ve got the players our budget deserves.!

This thread currently has 6,174 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Perkins
August 4, 2018, 11:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Can't stand Bellends who brag about how much they earn, can you?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 43
jonnyboy82
August 5, 2018, 8:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
We ended the season on a high playing a 442 which was flexible and the team seemed to be flourishing even though we all agree we needed changes here and there in players..

We then completely scrap that and go 352 with no previous experience in playing it and keep dixon at the club and play him as a wingback and play a young lad on the other side who is a central midfielder by trade, possibly the two most important poisions in a 352 are the wingbacks as they need to be able to get up and down the pitch and be athletic which dixon certainly isnt.

I like jolley especially with the way he turned us around last season but i really cant see why if he was adamant of a 352 why he hasnt prioritised in bringing wing backs in and although we had kioki on trial its like that is taking weeks to sort out for some reason.

I like the players he bought in midfield but everywere else im not sure he has got it right by any means , no striker to make you think we are serious and playing a formation without the right players is a bit concerning but yesterdays performance was either a complete one off or unless he brings in the right players for that formation its quite worrying tbh.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 43
rancido
August 5, 2018, 8:51am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,517
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Yoda
We knew Fenty was going to try and do it on the cheap again and he has.
A leopard doesn’t change its spots.
On the performance it was aimless long ball dross probably the worst town performance i have wintnessed in nearly 40 years of watching town.
Absolutely no positives from the performance i do not think many will be rushing back to pay 21 pounds to watch that shambles.

On what do you base this statement on? Do you know what our playing budget is? Do you know what all our individual players are on and more importantly , do you know what all the other teams budgets are in our league?
Only when you have the answer to these questions would you be qualified to come out with the statement you did.
Like all companies we have to have a staffing budget that is sustainable. The only exception to that would be having a wealthy benefactor willing to " gift " the club money to support better quality players.

Seeing as we don't have the latter then we , like the majority of clubs, have to live within our means. I know it was only 4 months ago but it may have slipped your memory that Accrington got automatically promoted from our league and I doubt wether their playing budget was any bigger than ours.

But , of course, all of that won't stop you from using yesterdays poor performance to have another dig at JF. The majority of the players yesterday are capable of playing a lot better than they demonstrated but , for whatever reason, they didn't and that has nothing to do with JF.

And before I get the predictable response that I am " up JF's ar*e " I will be pleased when he does go but for reasons other than the playing budget

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 43
jonnyboy82
August 5, 2018, 8:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from 139914

Snobby?  helmet?  Listen wanksplat, I pay 30 grand a year in income tax to keep serial wasters like you in an education slot.  A bit of gratitude wouldn’t go amiss.

You need to get a better accountant.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We’ve got the players our budget deserves.!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.