Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We’ve got the players our budget deserves.!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 304 Guests

We’ve got the players our budget deserves.!

This thread currently has 6,184 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Yoda
August 4, 2018, 5:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
We knew Fenty was going to try and do it on the cheap again and he has.
A leopard doesn’t change its spots.
On the performance it was aimless long ball dross probably the worst town performance i have wintnessed in nearly 40 years of watching town.
Absolutely no positives from the performance i do not think many will be rushing back to pay 21 pounds to watch that shambles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
jonnyboy82
August 4, 2018, 5:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Good point but i doubt welsh and hessenthaler will be on peanuts for our league.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 43
TheCodfather1966
August 4, 2018, 5:59pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
You get what you pay for and we pay nothing at all in comparison to other clubs, that is why we produced today's performance.  The club is dead under Fenty.  New blood needed because this team has relegation written all over it, despite the happy clapping red cross brigade on this forum.  50 points with this team, you are having a bubble.......................

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 43
Yoda
August 4, 2018, 6:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
low budget low grade players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 43
LH
August 4, 2018, 6:06pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Threads merged.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 43
ginnywings
August 4, 2018, 6:29pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Jeez! One game in and some have us relegated already. FGR players were clearly a cut above ours, but Vince must be paying them a packet to go play there. Why else would you?

We were bad, but FGR stretched us constantly, which leads to mistakes and poor play. Sad as it is, they must be spending loads on that team, on and off the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 43
ROKERITE
August 4, 2018, 6:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
I know how unpopular Fenty is. But he's loosened the purse strings this window. He brought in and retained the manager the overwhelming majority wanted and there have been a lot of not inexpensive signings.
The Whitehouse injury was a heavy blow, for him and the team. He would surely have been a key player. If Angol signs then Fenty has certainly backed Jolley. It's up to Jolley to ensure today is not repeated.
My bet on you to be promoted, along with backing you ante-post handicap, looks unwise this evening. But there are 45 matches to go --------------or is that not want you want to think about right now?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 43
Mikey_345
August 4, 2018, 6:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,354
Gold Stars: 100
We played shockingly yes (stronger words also applicable) but looking round the team do we really see lots of players that are that bad individually? Other than maybe a few left under contract from last season. (It’s hard to tell as have to go on their past from other clubs)

I think it’s a case of this team hasn’t clicked yet as a collective unit, which you could say is down to not enough minutes together during pre season.

I’m struggling with seeing Hessenthaler, Welsh, Whitehouse, Davies and Cook being “cheap” options when you look where they’ve come from...

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 43
ginnywings
August 4, 2018, 6:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from ROKERITE
I know how unpopular Fenty is. But he's loosened the purse strings this window. He brought in and retained the manager the overwhelming majority wanted and there have been a lot of not inexpensive signings.
The Whitehouse injury was a heavy blow, for him and the team. He would surely have been a key player. If Angol signs then Fenty has certainly backed Jolley. It's up to Jolley to ensure today is not repeated.
My bet on you to be promoted, along with backing you ante-post handicap, looks unwise this evening. But there are 45 matches to go --------------or is that not want you want to think about right now?!

If we are still playing like that at the business end of the season, that's when i will worry. Right now, the verdict is "must do better".

Good start for you lot today. First time you have won the opening game for years isn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 43
ROKERITE
August 4, 2018, 6:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from ginnywings

If we are still playing like that at the business end of the season, that's when i will worry. Right now, the verdict is "must do better".

Good start for you lot today. First time you have won the opening game for years isn't it?

I went today, something I didn't do once last season. New regime but same old member-ups. Thousands of us were still queuing at kick-off, which couldn't be put back because of Great God Sky. Missed the first quarter-hour so missed their goal.
But, as you say, we won. Our third home win in 20 months I think. So some smiling Sunderland supporters for a change.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 43
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We’ve got the players our budget deserves.!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.