Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lee Angol
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 248 Guests

Lee Angol

This thread currently has 42,777 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
August 5, 2018, 9:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Let's be honest, would you, after watching that yesterday want to be any where near that squad??....he must have thought " sod this, I'm not playing for a shower of excrement and ruining my career"....!!!....what hurts is we have more chance of selling ice to an Eskimo than attracting a decent striker now, the club left it too late and everyone to a man knew all last season we needed an out n out striker, so for all the summer comings n goings the one position we needed filling got left empty.....who's to blame, I'll leave that up to you to decide, be it last years regine or Jolleys dropped a bigger clanger than collins by not addressing this problem before all else!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 195
ClarkyGTFC
August 5, 2018, 9:35am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +411
Gold Stars: 5
On the other hand he could think I could make a difference here and become a hero to the fans as they need a striker like me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 195
Gaffer58
August 5, 2018, 9:39am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
At the end of the day it's all about money, even top players move around the premiership if it gives them a pay rise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 195
marinerdazza
August 5, 2018, 9:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,781
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from dicko995
don't think hes coming. According to Mansfield forum, the deal has collapsed, he doesn't want to come. Decision to be made Monday or Tuesday.

Just read the post you mean. Gutting, but if true we should drop this right now. Last thing we need is to spend a load on a player who doesn’t want to be here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 195
dapperz fun pub
August 5, 2018, 9:44am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Let's be honest, would you, after watching that yesterday want to be any where near that squad??....he must have thought " sod this, I'm not playing for a shower of excrement and ruining my career"....!!!....what hurts is we have more chance of selling ice to an Eskimo than attracting a decent striker now, the club left it too late and everyone to a man knew all last season we needed an out n out striker, so for all the summer comings n goings the one position we needed filling got left empty.....who's to blame, I'll leave that up to you to decide, be it last years regine or Jolleys dropped a bigger clanger than collins by not addressing this problem before all else!!

I think he's tried all summer to get someone in but the normal obstacles get in the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 195
lew chaterleys lover
August 5, 2018, 11:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I think he's tried all summer to get someone in but the normal obstacles get in the way

Well if FGR can get the quality in, to play in a village with a very low fan base, the obstacles must be money?

Private Message
Reply: 25 - 195
horsforthmariner
August 5, 2018, 11:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,588
Gold Stars: 9
To be fair that poster could be just as reliable as Bentley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 195
Maringer
August 5, 2018, 11:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,399
Gold Stars: 184
FGR have huge amounts of money and also, of course, a good location in the south west. Reid, for example, has spent his career in that neck of the woods so the location makes it easier for them to attract such a player (along with the money).

Angol is from down south I believe? Not too long to get there from Mansfield in comparison to Grimsby which is a bit more remote. It's not just money that players think about (though that is a major factor, obviously).

I think it would be a good opportunity for Angol but perhaps he'd rather get a move further south?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 195
lew chaterleys lover
August 5, 2018, 12:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Maringer
FGR have huge amounts of money and also, of course, a good location in the south west. Reid, for example, has spent his career in that neck of the woods so the location makes it easier for them to attract such a player (along with the money).

Angol is from down south I believe? Not too long to get there from Mansfield in comparison to Grimsby which is a bit more remote. It's not just money that players think about (though that is a major factor, obviously).

I think it would be a good opportunity for Angol but perhaps he'd rather get a move further south?

FGR is in the South West and Grimsby is in shall we say the Yorkshire /Lincolnshire catchment area. Hundreds of players travel all over the country all the time. Gunning went from Scotland to Grimsby to Port Vale  to FGR for his next pay day. Its the money that talks. I agree some players might like a certain location - many born more in our neck of the woods might prefer not to go down south or to Carlisle or wherever, but most will if the money on offer is right. A pro footballer knows he is going to be living in different parts of the country so his lifestyle reflects that.

If it is true what some people say players won't come to the Grimsby area (which I doubt since we have had a club since 1878 and have always managed to put a full team out) then we will have to pay a premium for them - just like FGR. Their drawback is they are a tiny club with a small fan base based in a village.. but somehow they can attract 11 players that play us off the park. The point is that most clubs in the lower divisions of the Football League have drawbacks, but most can be overcome with money or longer term deals.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 195
rancido
August 5, 2018, 12:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96

FGR is in the South West and Grimsby is in shall we say the Yorkshire /Lincolnshire catchment area. Hundreds of players travel all over the country all the time. Gunning went from Scotland to Grimsby to Port Vale  to FGR for his next pay day. Its the money that talks. I agree some players might like a certain location - many born more in our neck of the woods might prefer not to go down south or to Carlisle or wherever, but most will if the money on offer is right. A pro footballer knows he is going to be living in different parts of the country so his lifestyle reflects that.

If it is true what some people say players won't come to the Grimsby area (which I doubt since we have had a club since 1878 and have always managed to put a full team out) then we will have to pay a premium for them - just like FGR. Their drawback is they are a tiny club with a small fan base based in a village.. but somehow they can attract 11 players that play us off the park. The point is that most clubs in the lower divisions of the Football League have drawbacks, but most can be overcome with money or longer term deals.

Possibly because they have an owner who is prepared to " gift " his club money therefore making the team very competitive. At the end of the day it's the pay cheque that attracts most players. Why do you think so many ageing top class players have gone to the USA and China - money, Moriarty, money.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 195
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lee Angol

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.