Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lee Angol
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 165 Guests

Lee Angol

This thread currently has 42,792 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
chipsandgravy
August 7, 2018, 9:27am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ginnywings
I feel the same way Bigdog. Slowly but surely, season on season, i feel less and less attachment to the club. I'm rapidly approaching 60 and other hobbies and interests are starting to look more appealing to me on a Saturday afternoon.

I saw on old footballing team mate of mine at half time on Saturday. He was at the game to have a look at the new squad and was a bit perplexed at the style of play, and couldn't believe we were winning the game, as FGR were clearly better than us. He was also bemoaning the fact that he couldn't get a pie or a pint because the scant facilities were overrun. We were at the back of the Main Stand and he said, "look at this stand, it hasn't changed since i was a young lad, it's depressing". I very much doubt he will be back for the second game of the season at BP. I know loads of people who have stopped going regularly for the same reasons. They keep dipping their toes in, then quickly decide that nothing has changed, and drift off again.

I would love to know what hobbies are better than football on a Saturday afternoon for a post 60 year old (even after Saturday) Ginny as I would seriously start considering it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 195
Cloudy
August 7, 2018, 9:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Considering you posted the words 'utter garbage' on social media on Saturday afternoon......

can you please back this up with some evidence.

I look forward to seeing this as it is simply a lie
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 195
ginnywings
August 7, 2018, 9:39am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from chipsandgravy

I would love to know what hobbies are better than football on a Saturday afternoon for a post 60 year old (even after Saturday) Ginny as I would seriously start considering it!

Walking and hiking in my case. If Town have no game, we can set off Friday night to the Moors, Dales, Peaks etc, and have a full day doing stuff i enjoy. A game on a Saturday means you can't do that, but has always taken priority over other pursuits. There was many a game last season when i sat looking out  over the Humber and thinking i would rather be somewhere else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 195
jonnyboy82
August 7, 2018, 9:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
2 days before the transfer window shuts and still no striker or wingback options we crave.

I was impressed with the midfield we bought in pre season but the lack of wingbacks and striking options we have struggled to get over the line have been dissapointing to say the least.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 195
chipsandgravy
August 7, 2018, 9:41am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ginnywings

Walking and hiking in my case. If Town have no game, we can set off Friday night to the Moors, Dales, Peaks etc, and have a full day doing stuff i enjoy. A game on a Saturday means you can't do that, but has always taken priority over other pursuits. There was many a game last season when i sat looking out  over the Humber and thinking i would rather be somewhere else.

Tempting!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 195
Hagrid
August 7, 2018, 9:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,373
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from ginnywings

hope i never feel this way
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 195
Jarmo.Is.God
August 7, 2018, 9:49am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from jonnyboy82
2 days before the transfer window shuts and still no striker or wingback options we crave.

I was impressed with the midfield we bought in pre season but the lack of wingbacks and striking options we have struggled to get over the line have been dissapointing to say the least.

It could go down to the last 2 hours of the window!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 195
Tommy
August 7, 2018, 9:53am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 195
davmariner
August 7, 2018, 9:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,914
Gold Stars: 79
Angol has turned us down according to the Mansfield manager.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 195
chaos33
August 7, 2018, 9:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 356
Take your pick.....cycling, golf, stuff with the kids, whatever.

Personally I go for hill walking/mountain climbing or just generally visiting beautiful countryside (usually Dales, Lakes or Moors) with or without the kids.
I doubt I'll be back at BP in the next few weeks but then money and travel (150 mile round trip) are factors, along with the aspects outlined by Ginny and Bigdog.

I have to say that I agree that it is demoralising to see how little things have changed at BP (in every respect) in a long, long time and that there is little if any sign of any real investment, ambition or imagination. Shame because the market is there. The place was buzzing pre-kick off on Saturday.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 195
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lee Angol

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.