Private Message
Mikey_345
August 4, 2018, 5:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,308
Gold Stars: 100
Think that’s abit harsh. Listening to Jolley post match it’s clear the team haven’t followed the “game plan” which I think refers to the long balls.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
jamesgtfc
August 4, 2018, 5:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Mikey_345
Think that’s abit harsh. Listening to Jolley post match it’s clear the team haven’t followed the “game plan” which I think refers to the long balls.

Two of the goals came as a result of sticking rigidly to the "game plan" - playing it back to the keeper at every opportunity.

Never thought I would see a goal as comical as the one we conceded at home to Coventry last season with Macca stranded 30 yards out.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
Mikey_345
August 4, 2018, 5:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Two of the goals came as a result of sticking rigidly to the "game plan" - playing it back to the keeper at every opportunity.

Never thought I would see a goal as comical as the one we conceded at home to Coventry last season with Macca stranded 30 yards out.

That’s got sweet FA to do with a game plan, that’s players not executing the simple basics, passing the ball!

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
Yoda
August 4, 2018, 5:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
We let e very similar goal in against Notts Forrestat their place we lost 5 3 i think Mendonca scores a hat trick early 90 i think
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
Johnnyc66
August 4, 2018, 5:56pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +66
Quoted from Mikey_345

That is HIS job. It is what he is paid for. It is HIS job to make sure they play to the game plan. Nothing changed at half time we still played hoofball against 2 centre backs who lapped it up. He should have got his message across at least at half time.

Poor excuse in my opinion. Another Slade trait blame everyone else!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
Yoda
August 4, 2018, 6:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
I agree why play hoof ball up to a striker Cook who cannot head a ball and is weak.
Also hooper looked half decent last season on the left up front he is terrible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Mikey_345
August 4, 2018, 6:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Johnnyc66

That is HIS job. It is what he is paid for. It is HIS job to make sure they play to the game plan. Nothing changed at half time we still played hoofball against 2 centre backs who lapped it up. He should have got his message across at least at half time.

Poor excuse in my opinion. Another Slade trait blame everyone else!!!

Well you called him “Sladeball in a suit” so are you saying he’s told them to play like that then as that’s what your post incinuates.

Making them play to the game plan as his job has nothing to do with what you said as (the performance is indefensible) ....But your saying he’s deliberately asking them to play long balls, no?!

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
Gaffer58
August 4, 2018, 7:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Why do managers/teams believe they can play their way out from the back in league 2, do the simple thing in defence and try the pretty stuff in the opponents half.Eventually you will be caught out, as today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
davmariner
August 4, 2018, 7:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
The Hall-Johnson goal wouldn’t have happened had Jolley played a left footer at left back. Naturally a right footer at left back is inclined to cut inside and turn back on himself (as RHJ) did leading to the pass back. Trying to be too clever.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sladeball in a suit

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.