Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just got back...to the car !
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 318 Guests

Just got back...to the car !

This thread currently has 1,010 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Gainsbro_Mariner
August 4, 2018, 4:58pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Okay so it’s the first game of the season! Let’s not panic let’s not shout and scream but let it be said that that’s the worst game of football I’ve seen us play in a long time. I’m not the type of fan to criticise a managers selection on the first day of the season but I was surprised we didn’t go with what the team was last week against Gainsborough. Today it looked like the players had forgotten how to play the system they’ve been working on, everything went to pot. We were fortunate enough to get a penalty against the run of play but the warning signs were there and we didn’t seem to mix things up to counter that.

FGR just beat us 4-1 without really having to get out of first gear, we completely imploded. Dixon although making a couple of good touches here and there looked largely unfit and too cumbersome to handle the role he was given today over Fox / Hall-Johnson. Jordan Cook im really yet to suss what this guy is going to offer us as a forward, he didn’t seem on the same page as Hooper and amazingly played the full 90 pretty annoymously. I said it last week even after a 4-0 win but I’m really concerned about where our goals are gonna come from ?

As for the defence - I can’t well what can you say today ? Collins Own Goal and HJ back pass ? Just silly stupid errors ! I’m actually stunned ! I think MJ will absolutely tear strips off them tonight. There’s a lot of things that need to be adresssed before we play again. Maybe a couple more signings will add more steel but today we looked like a side who are incapable or not clever enough to play the system MJ has tried to install. Truly embarrassing ...but it’s the first game ! Plenty of time to get better and make amends

UTM

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
hheh2
August 4, 2018, 5:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
That lineup and formation just didn't work together. Good thing is there is alot of time to change it. UTM

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just got back...to the car !

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.