10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
August 4, 2018, 5:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
That was awful. Awful selection, awful tactics and awful substitutions. Wtf was Jolley doing putting Reece Hall-Johnson at LWB!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 98
headingly_mariner
August 4, 2018, 5:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Lacking in quality in too many positions. We are a hoof ball side with two strikers who struggle in the air. Thought FGR were decent and had clearly spent money.

It’s early days but we are in desperate need of a striker and a couple of wingbacks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 98
moosey_club
August 4, 2018, 5:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Saw the starting line up and didnt hold out much hope......Dixon, Woolford, Welsh offer no pace ...formation/players offer no width...
Schoolboy errors all round compounded the above......
Woeful passing...zero movement...
FGR were slick, bright and inventive...we were pedestrian.

More hoofball than Slade's era.

Post edit - oh and the cuppa tea at half time was fking luke warm and awful.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 98
ginnywings
August 4, 2018, 5:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
That's about as bad as it gets.

Putting to one side the fact we were a total shambles, and putting aside the fact that FGR were miles better than us in every department; what i'm getting sick to the back teeth of is boring, pointless, clueless hoofball. I'm actually shocked at our tactics, so bad were they. We have not progressed at all from our first season back in the league. Meanwhile FGR are going from strength to strength, and it sickens me.

That game just knocked off at least 500, probably a 1000 fans already. Early days yet and you sometimes get strange, high scoring results at the beginning of the season, but i didn't see anything to get me thinking much has changed. Their quality was at least two notches above ours, and they played the ball out from the back, through midfield, then on to the front areas excellently. In fact, they played just how i wish we could, but haven't for a very long time. Disillusioned and running out of enthusiasm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 98
grimsby pete
August 4, 2018, 5:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from ginnywings
That's about as bad as it gets.

Putting to one side the fact we were a total shambles, and putting aside the fact that FGR were miles better than us in every department; what i'm getting sick to the back teeth of is boring, pointless, clueless hoofball. I'm actually shocked at our tactics, so bad were they. We have not progressed at all from our first season back in the league. Meanwhile FGR are going from strength to strength, and it sickens me.

That game just knocked off at least 500, probably a 1000 fans already. Early days yet and you sometimes get strange, high scoring results at the beginning of the season, but i didn't see anything to get me thinking much has changed. Their quality was at least two notches above ours, and they played the ball out from the back, through midfield, then on to the front areas excellently. In fact, they played just how i wish we could, but haven't for a very long time. Disillusioned and running out of enthusiasm.

I bet you are glad you did not renew your season ticket Ginny.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 98
jonnyboy82
August 4, 2018, 5:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
The worst ever ever EVER..

Hope jolley says it how bad and pathetic that was today.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 98
Kris2
August 4, 2018, 5:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from jonnyboy82
The worst ever ever EVER..

Hope jolley says it how bad and pathetic that was today.

He should admit that he got it wrong today. Picked a team that didn't play together all pre season, chose a formation that they have yet to get down with said team. None of them knew what their role was at all and some players were in positions they don't even play.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 98
ginnywings
August 4, 2018, 5:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from grimsby pete

I bet you are glad you did not renew your season ticket Ginny.

Not glad Pete. I want to want to buy one, but at the moment, i don't. There is an all pervasive sense of mediocrity about the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 98
Mighty_Mariner
August 4, 2018, 5:26pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Well I didn't see that coming!

I think MJ made some fundemental selection errors... Cook isn't a striker, Didn't even realise Woolford was playing until he came off and both wing backs struggled to get up and down which is a huge part of the 352 system. Dixon is a decent enough defender but lacks the mobility and technical ability to play wing-backs. Clifton, for all effort was poor in possession.

What on earth was Collins thinking when he played that ball.... It's defending 101 that when playing a backpass you pass it either side of the goal to stop situations just like that... This guy played in the PL for goodness sake!

We need to address the midfield, Hessenthaler was bright when he came on and offers bundle of energy but I worry about the creativity in a three of him Rose and Welsh.

IMO we desoerately need a recognised striker and a mobile LWB this week!!

The shining light for me I suppose is that this time last season we'd just beat Chesterfield 3-1 away and look how the season ended up. The first game ultimately means very little and we WILL improve and learn from today!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 98
getagrip
August 4, 2018, 5:27pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +12
good grief that was bad, why didnt he change tactics and match forest green, they totally dominated midfield from start to finish , long season ahead i fear
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.