3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
carrot top
August 4, 2018, 5:56pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Big thanks to the club shop for selling us a reserved season ticket seat in the pontoon. 3 tickets bought but we could not sit together. Shambles just like the team today

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
Jaws
August 7, 2018, 10:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from carrot top
Big thanks to the club shop for selling us a reserved season ticket seat in the pontoon. 3 tickets bought but we could not sit together. Shambles just like the team today

I think the reserved seats are from last season as many seats that were unavailable when I got my ST had no sticker on.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
promotion plaice
August 7, 2018, 11:05pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from moss_side_mariner
It goes up to 153 or 154 next to the covered corner section that looks like Steptoe's yard.

That's a bit extreme.....see what I did there  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
fishyfanny
August 8, 2018, 5:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.91
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,516
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from carrot top

I had 4 seats in the upper that had been sold to STH also. They sorted it out at the ticket office though, but still missed first 5 mins of the game.
These things happen I guess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
LH
August 8, 2018, 5:44am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from fishyfanny

I had 4 seats in the upper that had been sold to STH also. They sorted it out at the ticket office though, but still missed first 5 mins of the game.

Probably a bit less likely to happen if we ever upgraded from the 19th century technology of a notebook and pen that they currently use to log season ticket details though....
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
ginnywings
August 8, 2018, 7:24am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from LH

Probably a bit less likely to happen if we ever upgraded from the 19th century of a notebook and pen that they currently use to log season ticket details though....

They haven't had a pay rise for years you know.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
diehardmariner
August 8, 2018, 11:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,424
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from fishyfanny

It shouldn't though.  It's 2018.

My old man bought his season ticket on Friday morning, he was given a reserved sticker to put on his seat himself because 'they were there until half 9 doing them last night'.  Now, I'm not going to knock the girls and the lads in the office, I've said many a time I don't think they are the problem. I imagine they probably ended up staying until half 9 as a gesture of good will and in my experience good will only gets you so far.  But what kind of bloody service are we selling when you have to put your own reserved sticker on your seat?  It took seconds to do and was no hassle for my Dad, but wow.  Just wow.

The bigger issue is that he got to his seat just before 3pm and found someone in his seat to then discover that this person had been sold a ticket for that seat a matter of hours before kick-off.

If only computer systems existed where when you buy a season ticket, it's entered into this magic system and no-one else can buy the ticket for the games that season.

When I buy my season ticket they make a note of it in an A4 lined book.  A bloody written note of season ticket sales.  Why isn't it just entered on the system, ticket sold - seat no longer available for sale.  You could get a work experience kid to knock up a free system to do this in a matter of hours.  This is probably why we never get regular updates on season ticket sales, we have to wait until someone has counted all the completed lines in the book!

If this was a one-off you would think it happens, stuff slips through the net.  But it isn't a one-off.  There's clearly an issue where the club can't track ticket sales properly.  It's highly unlikely that Lee Angol was put off signing for us because he got wind of our inept ticketing system, but it makes you wonder what else is so unprofessional that makes us a hard sale to players.

The guy who bought the ticket that he shouldn't have been given was no problem, he moved across to another seat.  If he was a first timer at the game, what a great impression the club has made on him.  
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
diehardmariner
August 8, 2018, 11:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,424
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from ginnywings

They haven't had a pay rise for years you know.  

And do you know what?  That's a disgrace too.  By doing so the club are running the risk of A) forcing the capable staff to look elsewhere and B) disengage those that stay.

Cost of living rises should be factored into the annual budgeting.  I'm still staggered that a club of our relative size at this level can operate so poorly.  In comparison to clubs around us we're rich! Cash rich as well.  We've guaranteed income on season ticket sales of 2,500+ then on top of that it's rare we'll do less than 1,000 on the day sales.   Add all the extras from merchandise sales etc.  and there's absolutely no reason why we should ever be penny pinching - providing we're professionally run in the first place.  

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
moosey_club
August 8, 2018, 12:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,207
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from LH

Probably a bit less likely to happen if we ever upgraded from the 19th century technology of a notebook and pen that they currently use to log season ticket details though....

No sense in making a perfectly functional Bic pen redundant, only half way down on ink..  and the book still has empty pages in so again just chucking money away that could be spent on the playing budget. Clearly you have no idea on how to efficiently run a business.    

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
carrot top
August 8, 2018, 2:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
we quite rightly had to give up the STH's seat when he turned up. Bad organisation by the ticket office. To be fair to the STH he was very apologetic when he did'nt need to be really

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Seating

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.