5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
A.l.f.
August 1, 2018, 6:07pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
I like most others are excited about the new season and am encouraged by our new look midfield and fitter, leaner and keener squad.
Lets get behind the team and manager and if things don't start off so well, show patience as it may take a little time for things to happen.
MJ seems like a breath of fresh air and its nice to have a manager with new ideas and who conducts himself in an intelligent manner.  

The first 4 games are interesting:

FGR - Will be a tougher game than at the end of last season and made a few decent signings.
Macclesfield - Their first home match back in the League and will be up for it.
Lincoln - Local derby and often difficult and unpredictable.
MK Dons - Bookies Pre-season favs.

I hope we pick up a few points up but being a realist, we may not do as well as we all hope, but the next few games look better for picking up points.
So lets stay patient and keep behind the boys as confidence and support are massive.  Lets show MJ and the new lads how brilliant our support is and see where the season can take us.
Personally think it will be a good season if we can score plenty of goals. I will be at the first 4 games and be right behind us, but the season is 46 matches long remember.  UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
GrimExile
August 1, 2018, 7:54pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Good post. How people can put a X for a post like that amazes me!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
bluerose13x
August 1, 2018, 8:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
If we don't win the first match then Jolley out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
marinerdazza
August 1, 2018, 8:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
Good post. Hadn’t thought beyond the first game to be honest. We’ll come good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
ginnywings
August 1, 2018, 8:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I tend not too get too despondant or too excited until after Christmas, but about a dozen games into the season gives an indication of how a team is shaping -but that can be misleading. Last season, we were going along ok, then dropped like a stone, before a late rally saved us. This season may be totally the opposite.........or not.  

The unpredictability is part of the appeal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
Rodley Mariner
August 1, 2018, 9:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
If we're not winning inside 10 minutes I'm going to be screaming either 'Get the flipping thing forwards' if we're patiently retaining possession or 'Keep hold of the flipping thing' if we're playing more directly. Really looking forward to it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
ginnywings
August 1, 2018, 9:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
If we're not winning inside 10 minutes I'm going to be screaming either 'Get the flipping thing forwards' if we're patiently retaining possession or 'Keep hold of the flipping thing' if we're playing more directly. Really looking forward to it.

Sounds about right.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
Lincoln Mariner 56
August 1, 2018, 9:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Tend to think we may experience a season similar to Buckley’s first year in charge. Improved and attractive style of play but one or two key jigsaw parts missing to make promotion a real possibility although maybe one or two signings from Sweden may give us a mid-term boost.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
MuddyWaters
August 1, 2018, 10:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
I think there's a few players who MJ wanted but hasn't got - for example, I don't think either Fox or Dixon are natural left wing-backs - remains to be seen if there's any more signings imminent.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
forza ivano
August 1, 2018, 10:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Looking at that start we might be struggling to even average a point per game, given that I wouldn't be confident in getting anything from Lincoln or the plastics
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lets be patient and support the boys

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.