1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Jarmo.Is.God
July 31, 2018, 8:40am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Please feel free to move this to the non-football page as not about Town.

We are going to Mallorca on holiday in September, and looking at going to watch them, and after a quick google, they are at home to Cadiz.

Anybody been before? to Mallorca or a different team?

Just wondered what to expect with ticket prices etc.

We are staying in a villa and have car hire so getting to the ground wouldn't be an issue.

thanks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Elgringo87
July 31, 2018, 9:22am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +66
Watched Cadiz play a few years ago twice when I was working there wasn’t in the spanish top flight but the experience was ok but was about as good as it got no real atmosphere wasn’t great games but considering we had done done 12 hour shifts could have been played on the local park and we would have enjoyed it , seem to remember  tickets being about 15 euros ?? But a local who was working in the ship yard had to get them for us ,, if you ever get chance I’d highly recommend getting to a polish game I regulally get to see Gdańsk from polish top league and the whole thing is brilliant . Ticket prices are basically what you can afford and where you want to sit , I once got a vip ticket in a private box free food and drink and a home shirt and a taxi back to ship yard when I was ready costing around 40 zloty ( £10 ish)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
Lincoln Mariner 56
July 31, 2018, 9:26am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,647
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Please feel free to move this to the non-football page as not about Town.

We are going to Mallorca on holiday in September, and looking at going to watch them, and after a quick google, they are at home to Cadiz.

Anybody been before? to Mallorca or a different team?

Just wondered what to expect with ticket prices etc.
We are staying in a villa and have car hire so getting to the ground wouldn't be an issue.

thanks

Went v Barcelona a few years back & in those days, like some clubs here, pricing was based on quality of the opposition so was pricey but don’t think that was the norm. Seem to recall open terraces, quite easy to park and a relaxing watch without the atmosphere you get at English grounds.

Not checked but don’t believe they are La Liga now so would expect a pleasant visit that’s better than looking round a pearl factory!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
Paris Mariner
July 31, 2018, 10:13am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
I lived in Bilbao for two years. Segunda match ticket prices can vary but you can expect to pay up to 30€. CD Atletico Baleares play in Segunda B and prices in that division are more likley to be 10-15€. I found you got a much better experience because attendances at level are much lower so you stand out a bit more in the crowd and are more likely to get to meet/speak to more people.

Some people don't like it but I also found wearing a GTFC shirt/scarf/pin badge to be a good conversation starter too.

Only a handful of games in all of Spainsh football sell out every season so walking up on the day and getting tickets won't be a problem.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 6
LH
July 31, 2018, 11:01am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
I’m looking for similar advice for Sorrento/Naples area for the week from 10/08. Serie A doesn’t start until the day after I get back so I’d guess it’d be friendlies but my Italian isn’t that good and there seems to be a lack of internet coverage of anything below Serie B.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
Jarmo.Is.God
July 31, 2018, 11:59am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Thanks guys!

Will wait nearer the time and have a look on the website for ticket info.

I've also sent them an email to see if I get a response and hopefully can just get them on the day!

Will also have my town shirt on of course!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
jock dock tower
July 31, 2018, 1:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Watch football wherever I go on holiday. Nest games were undoubtedly the Town pre season friendlies of Sweden and Denmark at the turn of the century.

If there's no senior game on I'll go and watch the local team at whatever level they play at.

Have seen the Marseilles v Nice derby about 10 years back. Seen Barca a few times, once vs L'Hospitallet in the Copa Del Rey for 8 Euros! Trips to Gothenburg has seen me watch games of all three teams who play at the Ullival Stadium. Games in Playa De Las Americas in Tenerife are quite plentiful, and about five years back saw an international youth tournament over three days (all free) with teams from Barca, Real, Chelsea, Bayern. Espanyol won it in front of a 6,000 crowd.

Have watched very local football on the Greek islands when I'm there. I just love turning up at a strange ground and being readily accepoted as some kind of British weirdo who needs a football fix. Often sharing a beer or two with the locals - makes the holiday for me.

The link below, from Tony's Non League Forum on International Groundhopping will probably answer your question at some time. An excellent site for football lovers, especially at non league level.

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=29;guest=261025192

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holiday football

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.