Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anyone with connections to the club here?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 327 Guests

Anyone with connections to the club here?

This thread currently has 5,846 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
July 29, 2018, 4:12pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from geir
Thank you for all of your replies. I have now got  a reply from Mr. Fenty himself so everything will be fine now.
I would also like to thank Mr. Roberts from The Mariners Trust and everyone else who offered their assistance. This was not intended as a stab at the club, but if this makes the club check their spam filters in the future, I think it was worth it.

Case closed!
Up the Mariners!

Cheers!

The power of the Fishy forum  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
Bigdog
July 29, 2018, 4:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from SteffiMariner

I'm not clutching at straws, I'm offering a reason for it to have been ignored. I know that my company has missed e-mails due to them going into a spam folder, its unfortunate but it does happen.

I'm also not suggesting gier pop in - I realise he lives in Norway and would struggle and was asking for advice, its the people that jump on his request to have a pop at the club that gets on my mammaries. I am more than aware that they can improve in many areas, though I find comments such as "You must remember that to work at GTFC the minimum requirement in some areas is an IQ no higher than the plant in Fenty's office" as being out of order. People may have a beef with a few individuals at the club but making statements like that are insulting to the majority of those at the club who work hard and devote a lot of time and effort that goes unnoticed and generally, unappreciated by most people.

Also comment "It is just incompetence of the highest order I would think" is just insulting as there could have been a number of reasons the e-mail wasn't received. The request could have been ignored as it wasn't received, you know, the e-mail address may have been typed incorrectly and assumed it had reached the intended recipient.

And the one that is also shite "I've had numerous personal experiences of the club simply ignoring me, (via both email and social media).  It feels like a constant theme where the fans are treat like dirt. " which is just easy to say without any foundation at all. I've had numerous experiences of the club being very attentive to my requests and can only say how good they are - the club is better with people like Sharon and Lisa there, I don't feel its fair to label them as being ignorant when they clearly aren;t and are GTFC through and through.

I could only reply to what you had written in your previous post Steffi. I agree with a proportion of what you say in this one as you have re mine about the need for improvement. I got in touch with a director about quite an important issue at the beginning of the year. Although no promises to keep me posted with progress, expecting at least a common courtesy, I've heard nothing since. Joined the Trust in January. To this day, still not received a single email from them either. I've run businesses with small teams that dealt with far more day to day requests from the paying public and a failure to reply promptly was regarded as a disaster. It all depends on the standards, structure and priorities that are set from the top..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
diehardmariner
July 30, 2018, 9:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520

And the one that is also shite "I've had numerous personal experiences of the club simply ignoring me, (via both email and social media).  It feels like a constant theme where the fans are treat like dirt. " which is just easy to say without any foundation at all. I've had numerous experiences of the club being very attentive to my requests and can only say how good they are - the club is better with people like Sharon and Lisa there, I don't feel its fair to label them as being ignorant when they clearly aren;t and are GTFC through and through.

What more foundation do you want than it's my own personal experience?  I don't know how deep your head is buried in the sand but there is a massive underlying issue where the fans are treat like dirt.  It's less than 12 months ago since the Accounts Manager accused the fans of bullying each other and a director told fans to shut up in a public forum.  Add to that the majority shareholder coming on here and throwing fuel onto the fire with his comments.

I'm pleased you have positive experiences with the club.  On an individual level there's some very good people employed by the club.  I don't blame them for one second, I've defended them before as not standing in a position where they can change the problem.  The problem is far higher up.

Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
July 30, 2018, 10:14am
Guest User
Quoted from geir
Thank you for all of your replies. I have now got  a reply from Mr. Fenty himself so everything will be fine now.
I would also like to thank Mr. Roberts from The Mariners Trust and everyone else who offered their assistance. This was not intended as a stab at the club, but if this makes the club check their spam filters in the future, I think it was worth it.

Case closed!
Up the Mariners!

Cheers!

Excellent stuff, I must say John has always been brilliant in regards to being available and has always replied to emails. He replies are in depth beyond the call of duty, we've had a handful of email exchanges over the years. I've found his other departments to be excellent as well. Ticket office staff excellent, Dale has always responded too. Occasionally they slip the net. I run a small business and I consider myself to be customer focused, on occasion I have missed emails somehow, it happens.
Reply: 33 - 38
Grim74
July 30, 2018, 10:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 75

Excellent stuff, I must say John has always been brilliant in regards to being available and has always replied to emails. He replies are in depth beyond the call of duty, we've had a handful of email exchanges over the years. I've found his other departments to be excellent as well. Ticket office staff excellent, Dale has always responded too. Occasionally they slip the net. I run a small business and I consider myself to be customer focused, on occasion I have missed emails somehow, it happens.

Second this in regards to John, like he says his door is always open.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
Harry Haddock
July 30, 2018, 11:54am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from moss_side_mariner
Do we still have a Supporters Liason Officer?

You'd need to ask the Supporters Liason Officer  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
1mickylyons
July 30, 2018, 2:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
I have had dealings with JF and whatever faults he may have one of them is not ignoring you. There does seem to be a problem with emails though as I know the Trust were contacted and asked to look into an unrelated series of emails that had been lost/Ignored.People get frustrated and assume they are being ignored often wrongly. You speak as you find and my dealings with the day to day staff at GTFC have usually been positive and I include JF in that. Clearly when you see all the gripes in the past 2-3 seasons regarding PR and other things maybe some re training or dare I say a better more equipped for 2018 Overall Manager for the office?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
codcheeky
July 30, 2018, 2:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31

I'm not clutching at straws, I'm offering a reason for it to have been ignored. I know that my company has missed e-mails due to them going into a spam folder, its unfortunate but it does happen.

I'm also not suggesting gier pop in - I realise he lives in Norway and would struggle and was asking for advice, its the people that jump on his request to have a pop at the club that gets on my mammaries. I am more than aware that they can improve in many areas, though I find comments such as "You must remember that to work at GTFC the minimum requirement in some areas is an IQ no higher than the plant in Fenty's office" as being out of order. People may have a beef with a few individuals at the club but making statements like that are insulting to the majority of those at the club who work hard and devote a lot of time and effort that goes unnoticed and generally, unappreciated by most people.

Also comment "It is just incompetence of the highest order I would think" is just insulting as there could have been a number of reasons the e-mail wasn't received. The request could have been ignored as it wasn't received, you know, the e-mail address may have been typed incorrectly and assumed it had reached the intended recipient.

Being GTFC through and through does not make you ideal for a job. Proper training and practice are much more relevent, it should be a standard practice of anyone employed to open Emails to check all Junk folders as a matter of course.
If it seems there is a constant where fans think are being treat like dirt, perhaps it is because this is how they feel they are being treat, and pretending they want to make this up is foolish.
What is a better definition of ignorant than repeatedly ignoring someone trying to contact you?

We all want GTFC to be the best club it can possibility be both on and off the pitch, last season was a disgrace on many levels, let's start this new one on a clean slate and look to the leadership of the club to forget the US and THEM mentality(especially when the THEM is their customers) and start following the example Jolley is setting with his positivity
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
KingstonMariner
July 31, 2018, 10:45am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Am I the only one here thinking the e-mail address that he sent it to wouldn't have been relevant to his question? The person he has e-mailed may have forwarded it on, or as he even says, it may have gone into the spam folder. Also, this is 3 e-mails over the course of 5 years that he is complaining about.

a 10 second search on google found this:

Enquiries: webmaster@gtfc.co.uk
Accounts: accounts@gtfc.co.uk
Stadium Safety: safety@gtfc.co.uk
Player Recruitment: player-recruitment@gtfc.co.uk
Academy Recruitment: academy-recruitment@gtfc.co.uk
Supporters Liaison Officer – Adrian Merrikin - slo@gtfc.co.uk
Charity Requests: charity@gtfc.co.uk

Unless the query was about academy recruitment, try sending the e-mail to the first one on the list.

You know, you could even follow up your e-mail with a prompt a couple of weeks later enquiring why you haven't heard anything instead of waiting 5 (five) years to have a pop on a completely dissociated football forum...

Oh FFS! Not only are you making excuses you’re making crap excuses. You’re defending the indefensible. If someone emails you at work but it’s not your field do you just ignore it? If so please tell us the name of your company so we can avoid wasting time trying to do business with it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anyone with connections to the club here?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.