Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anyone with connections to the club here?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 113 Guests

Anyone with connections to the club here?

This thread currently has 5,870 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
SteffiMariner
July 29, 2018, 12:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from diehardmariner

How long does it take to answer an email? Seconds. Pathetic.

Am I the only one here thinking the e-mail address that he sent it to wouldn't have been relevant to his question? The person he has e-mailed may have forwarded it on, or as he even says, it may have gone into the spam folder. Also, this is 3 e-mails over the course of 5 years that he is complaining about.

a 10 second search on google found this:

Enquiries: webmaster@gtfc.co.uk
Accounts: accounts@gtfc.co.uk
Stadium Safety: safety@gtfc.co.uk
Player Recruitment: player-recruitment@gtfc.co.uk
Academy Recruitment: academy-recruitment@gtfc.co.uk
Supporters Liaison Officer – Adrian Merrikin - slo@gtfc.co.uk
Charity Requests: charity@gtfc.co.uk

Unless the query was about academy recruitment, try sending the e-mail to the first one on the list.

You know, you could even follow up your e-mail with a prompt a couple of weeks later enquiring why you haven't heard anything instead of waiting 5 (five) years to have a pop on a completely dissociated football forum...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 38
diehardmariner
July 29, 2018, 12:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,384
Gold Stars: 532
Or maybe the club are just absolutely appalling at communications in general?

I've had numerous personal experiences of the club simply ignoring me, (via both email and social media).  It feels like a constant theme where the fans are treat like dirt.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
Garth
July 29, 2018, 12:24pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
TBF to geir, I dont think he was having a pop more of asking for help, whereas we were all giving it our house in support of him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
SteffiMariner
July 29, 2018, 1:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner
Or maybe the club are just absolutely appalling at communications in general?

I've had numerous personal experiences of the club simply ignoring me, (via both email and social media).  It feels like a constant theme where the fans are treat like dirt.

I have personally only ever had positive personal experiences with everyone at the club that I have dealt with. Whilst e-mail communications have been some what slow, they have always been dealt with. Though I always have a "if you aren't the person that deals with this, please can you forward on to the correct person". This shouldn't be needing, though in my experience with dealing with companies, this generally helps the e-mail get to the correct place.

Your e-mails may also be going direct into their spam folder so they don't actually receive it. As suggested before, try a follow up e-mail, phone call or, heaven forbid, pop in and actually see someone directly. If you book an appointment with the person you need to see, you'll get an answer.

Whilst I appreciate that gier was probably just asking for help, it is quite frustrating to see people wade in with a pop at the club.

In my experience in life, people generally treat you how you treat them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 38
Cloudy
July 29, 2018, 1:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from SteffiMariner

I have personally only ever had positive personal experiences with everyone at the club that I have dealt with. Whilst e-mail communications have been some what slow, they have always been dealt with. Though I always have a "if you aren't the person that deals with this, please can you forward on to the correct person". This shouldn't be needing, though in my experience with dealing with companies, this generally helps the e-mail get to the correct place.

Your e-mails may also be going direct into their spam folder so they don't actually receive it. As suggested before, try a follow up e-mail, phone call or, heaven forbid, pop in and actually see someone directly. If you book an appointment with the person you need to see, you'll get an answer.

Whilst I appreciate that gier was probably just asking for help, it is quite frustrating to see people wade in with a pop at the club.

Your experience certainly doesn't mirror mine and I find it slightly offensive that you insinuate  others are perhaps not treating individuals at the club with respect and that is why they aren't getting responses!!
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
Bigdog
July 29, 2018, 3:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from SteffiMariner

Clutching at straws with using this excuse on their behalf. Being a business that receives random emails from day to day, they shouldn't set the spam settings so strictly as they'd miss requests re season tickets etc. You'd double check your spam filter constantly anyway being a business with paying public contact. And fans shouldn't have to send a follow up email, it should be answered promptly in the retail/entertainment industry. It's not like Geir's comments are a one-off and he's hardly local enough to pop in is he? Let's stop using getting excited about Jolley and the product hopefully we will see on the pitch as a blanket excuse for the club to operate badly. Surely we want our club to make improvements off the pitch as much as Jolley seems to be doing on the pitch. Fans constantly excusing the club for everything because we've got Jolley will do nothing to push the club to improve long term. We have to keep pushing and pressing for off field improvements and progression. Fans took the urine out of Fenty for his we do our PR on the pitch yet some are guilty of the same sentiment themselves. Two completely different elements of our club and should be treated accordingly or else the club will sit on its laurels and get nowhere eventually by doing the same things they've always done for decades. What was the JF excuse for poor service to a fan? The staff haven't had a pay rise for years!! It's that sort of mentality that's driving the club. Thank god staff nurses and head teachers haven't had the same attitude over the past few years regarding the performance of their nurses and teachers who've worked without pay rises. The service at GTFC is erratic (good and bad) at best and needs to improve. I think we can all agree on that, can't we?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 38
Mallyner
July 29, 2018, 4:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
Geir they perhaps think that being from Norway you are pointless.😀 Eurovision jokes apart all professional businesses should reply to emails within 24 hours and so the non replies to you are very unprofessional. I get about 60 emails a day, many which are junk and I mark as such but I always stay logged in all day to my isp's spam filter and if any genuine mail is trapped in there, I release it. I find Lisa Piggott at Blundell Park good at replying to email.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
geir
July 29, 2018, 4:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
Thank you for all of your replies. I have now got  a reply from Mr. Fenty himself so everything will be fine now.
I would also like to thank Mr. Roberts from The Mariners Trust and everyone else who offered their assistance. This was not intended as a stab at the club, but if this makes the club check their spam filters in the future, I think it was worth it.

Case closed!
Up the Mariners!

Cheers!

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
Grimal
July 29, 2018, 4:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,856
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from geir

Thank you! My mail is coming soon.

Geir

Perhaps a little late to re-post the 2013 and 2017 Emails Geir . .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
SteffiMariner
July 29, 2018, 4:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

Clutching at straws with using this excuse on their behalf. Being a business that receives random emails from day to day, they shouldn't set the spam settings so strictly as they'd miss requests re season tickets etc. And fans shouldn't have to send a follow up email, it should be answered promptly in the retail/entertainment industry. It's not like Geir's comments are a one-off and he's hardly local enough to pop in is he? Let's stop using getting excited about Jolley and the product hopefully we will see on the pitch as a blanket excuse for the club to operate badly. Surely we want our club to make improvements off the pitch as much as Jolley seems to be doing on the pitch. Fans constantly excusing the club for everything because we've got Jolley will do nothing to push the club to improve long term. We have to keep pushing and pressing for off field improvements and progression. Fans took the urine out of Fenty for his we do our PR on the pitch yet are guilty of the same sentiment themselves. Two completely different elements of our club and should be treated accordingly or else the club will sit on its laurels and get nowhere eventually by doing the same things they've done for decades..

I'm not clutching at straws, I'm offering a reason for it to have been ignored. I know that my company has missed e-mails due to them going into a spam folder, its unfortunate but it does happen.

I'm also not suggesting gier pop in - I realise he lives in Norway and would struggle and was asking for advice, its the people that jump on his request to have a pop at the club that gets on my mammaries. I am more than aware that they can improve in many areas, though I find comments such as "You must remember that to work at GTFC the minimum requirement in some areas is an IQ no higher than the plant in Fenty's office" as being out of order. People may have a beef with a few individuals at the club but making statements like that are insulting to the majority of those at the club who work hard and devote a lot of time and effort that goes unnoticed and generally, unappreciated by most people.

Also comment "It is just incompetence of the highest order I would think" is just insulting as there could have been a number of reasons the e-mail wasn't received. The request could have been ignored as it wasn't received, you know, the e-mail address may have been typed incorrectly and assumed it had reached the intended recipient.

And the one that is also shite "I've had numerous personal experiences of the club simply ignoring me, (via both email and social media).  It feels like a constant theme where the fans are treat like dirt. " which is just easy to say without any foundation at all. I've had numerous experiences of the club being very attentive to my requests and can only say how good they are - the club is better with people like Sharon and Lisa there, I don't feel its fair to label them as being ignorant when they clearly aren;t and are GTFC through and through.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anyone with connections to the club here?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.