pen penfras
August 1, 2018, 3:24pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from moosey_club

The way it appears now though is that you are paying MORE per game with this scheme than just getting an early bird match ticket

I take it maths isn't your strong suit?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 60
barralad
August 1, 2018, 3:25pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from moosey_club

i appreciate that you have have put yourself out there and attempted to get something in place,not knocking that and apologies if any offence caused.  The way it appears now though is that you are paying MORE per game with this scheme than just getting an early bird match ticket each time you can go instead....with the only benefit being queue jumping for tickets for big games.
And that queue jumping also now dents one of the original perceived benefits of being a trust member, which once upon a time was supposed to give you priority on tickets once season ticket holders have had a nibble. I notice now that the ticket heirachy is ;

STH
SSTS
Stub holders
Trust
General sale

Pretty ironic that the trust have helped negotiate something that pushes its own members down the pecking order !!!

Surely the proof of the pudding will be in the eating? If the intended target audience see merits in it then it will be at least a partial success. If not then feedback will inform the next steps. For our part I think we (The Trust) need to help advertise far and wide including to firms locally with large shift worker workforces. As I said earlier it might not be the complete deal but I for one am prepared to give it a chance. to work.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 60
ska face
August 1, 2018, 3:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,567
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from moosey_club

i appreciate that you have have put yourself out there and attempted to get something in place,not knocking that and apologies if any offence caused.  The way it appears now though is that you are paying MORE per game with this scheme than just getting an early bird match ticket each time you can go instead....

That’s not the case though, is it?

Over the 13 matches...

[img]https://s22.postimg.cc/di6cjaott/tix.jpg[/img]

Plus if you’re buying online (as most exiles do), you remove the exile tax of 50p per ticket that you need to pay.

But still, it’s clear people won’t be happy until the whole thing’s been ground down to dust. Thanks for your input, you’re right, it is a shite idea, a total waste of time and won’t be of any benefit to anyone. Glad that you’re not knocking it though...
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 60
KingstonMariner
August 1, 2018, 6:21pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club

i appreciate that you have have put yourself out there and attempted to get something in place,not knocking that and apologies if any offence caused.  The way it appears now though is that you are paying MORE per game with this scheme than just getting an early bird match ticket each time you can go instead....with the only benefit being queue jumping for tickets for big games.
And that queue jumping also now dents one of the original perceived benefits of being a trust member, which once upon a time was supposed to give you priority on tickets once season ticket holders have had a nibble. I notice now that the ticket heirachy is ;

STH
SSTS
Stub holders
Trust
General sale

Pretty ironic that the trust have helped negotiate something that pushes its own members down the pecking order !!!

I don’t see it like that. The whole point of the Trust was to give supporters a say in how the club is run. Not for any individual personal gain. Yeah it’s nice to have 2nd or 3rd dibs for tickets but slipping down the pecking order is not a blow. It might act as encouragement to buy one of these SSTs for any non-ST holder exile (like me).

The fact that the Trust has been able to negotiate this is a benefit to supporters in the short term and supporters say in the way the club is run in the long term.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 60
moosey_club
August 1, 2018, 7:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,206
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from pen penfras

I take it maths isn't your strong suit?

i'll have you know i got a CSE in maths from the highly acclaimed Lindsey School ..so not too shoddy ta   .... i was however guilty of lazy research , the figure i based on was a.n others previously posted figure...so should have done my own checking.

Everything i have said previously on the subject is therefore total poppycock and the scheme is actually fantastic, a great innovative move by the club who have moved very quickly to recognise the area's demographic and put something in place in a timely way and i am sure will be welcomed by all and sales will reflect such.  Hoorah.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 60
promotion plaice
August 1, 2018, 7:49pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from moosey_club

i'll have you know i got a CSE in maths from the highly acclaimed Lindsey School ..so not too shoddy ta   .... i was however guilty of lazy research , the figure i based on was a.n others previously posted figure...so should have done my own checking.

Everything i have said previously on the subject is therefore total poppycock and the scheme is actually fantastic, a great innovative move by the club who have moved very quickly to recognise the area's demographic and put something in place in a timely way and i am sure will be welcomed by all and sales will reflect such.  Hoorah.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 60
1mickylyons
August 2, 2018, 9:28am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from moosey_club

STH
SSTS
Stub holders
Trust
General sale

No offence at all moosey it`s just hard to explain to people that the things they would like incorporated have already been asked for but clearly nobody wants GTFC to lose any STH as a result especially GTFC so a compromise has been arrived at. This is clearly always going to be stacked in the football clubs favour and so it should be BUT the key is it offers supporters an alternative and fills a void and it opens up a channel that can be worked on.Your point about Trust members being pushed further down it`s  £15 a year to be a Trust member so those buying a ticket package will go above them having bought multiple tickets seems fair enough surely? With 3k STH the chances of a trust member getting a ticket for a big game would be pretty slim in any case at least here you would be guaranteed a seat to ANY home game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 60
1mickylyons
August 2, 2018, 9:32am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I don’t see it like that. The whole point of the Trust was to give supporters a say in how the club is run. Not for any individual personal gain. Yeah it’s nice to have 2nd or 3rd dibs for tickets but slipping down the pecking order is not a blow. It might act as encouragement to buy one of these SSTs for any non-ST holder exile (like me).

The fact that the Trust has been able to negotiate this is a benefit to supporters in the short term and supporters say in the way the club is run in the long term.

Thanks KM at least someone understands the principal of what were trying to do and why.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 60
MarinerWY
August 2, 2018, 9:54am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 47
I think it's a brilliant idea. Both me and my brother are considering getting one - living in Leeds we have not been able to commit to a full season ticket with travel costs etc.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 60
1mickylyons
August 2, 2018, 10:03am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from MarinerWY
I think it's a brilliant idea. Both me and my brother are considering getting one - living in Leeds we have not been able to commit to a full season ticket with travel costs etc.

Great to hear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Self select ticket scheme

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.