toontown
July 31, 2018, 12:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from moosey_club
was in the club shop this morning and someone in the queue went in to buy one....

"sorry we dont have them from the printers yet " ...
"oh but i wanted to use one of the selected games for the FGR game"
"well you can buy a normal matchday ticket for the FGR game...i am sure the books will be ready soon"

Surely these decisions should a) have been decided long ago to allow sufficient time for arrangements to be put in place to get the tickets printed and set up a process to buy one or b) if the tickets aren't yet available and you cant come into the club shop to buy one, don't advertise on the clubs website to fans that they can. Really not good enough.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 60
moosey_club
July 31, 2018, 11:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from toontown

Surely these decisions should a) have been decided long ago to allow sufficient time for arrangements to be put in place to get the tickets printed and set up a process to buy one or b) if the tickets aren't yet available and you cant come into the club shop to buy one, don't advertise on the clubs website to fans that they can. Really not good enough.

i didnt mention that the first line of advice offered was ..........  you can order it online from home !  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 60
promotion plaice
July 31, 2018, 11:36am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from toontown

Could be wrong but it seems to me this was all a last minute decision taken in response to Lincoln announcing their "MyImps" membership scheme
a couple of weeks ago.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 60
1mickylyons
July 31, 2018, 2:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from promotion plaice

Could be wrong but it seems to me this was all a last minute decision taken in response to Lincoln announcing their "MyImps" membership scheme
a couple of weeks ago.

All I can tell you is this was put to the Club a few Months ago for them to look at.If it helps one single fan then it`s been a worthwhile exercise again 1 in 5 working age people in NE Lincs are shift workers the Club must look at that and get it to work for both parties.This is the first step......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 60
barralad
July 31, 2018, 5:50pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from 1mickylyons

All I can tell you is this was put to the Club a few Months ago for them to look at.If it helps one single fan then it`s been a worthwhile exercise again 1 in 5 working age people in NE Lincs are shift workers the Club must look at that and get it to work for both parties.This is the first step......

You are being too modest Micky. For the benefit of those who don't know the idea grew out of a conversation Micky had with me and others which resulted in a meeting held at the Hainton back in May where it quickly appeared that the Trust and Micky's group (including Ska off of here) were pretty close. Ian Keetley and Dave Roberts drafted and presented the idea to the club with the incorporation of a lot of the input from Micky and co. Did we get everything we wanted? No. The club have very real and justified concerns about possible effect on main season ticket sales. Is it a good start? Most definitely! This offer is now on the table. Future seasons may see modifications but I'd be very surprised if it was consigned to the dustbin of history after one try.
A great example of The Trust working with members. There were other things discussed that night many of which are still being progressed.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 60
moosey_club
July 31, 2018, 7:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

You are being too modest Micky. For the benefit of those who don't know the idea grew out of a conversation Micky had with me and others which resulted in a meeting held at the Hainton back in May where it quickly appeared that the Trust and Micky's group (including Ska off of here) were pretty close. Ian Keetley and Dave Roberts drafted and presented the idea to the club with the incorporation of a lot of the input from Micky and co. Did we get everything we wanted? No. The club have very real and justified concerns about possible effect on main season ticket sales. Is it a good start? Most definitely! This offer is now on the table. Future seasons may see modifications but I'd be very surprised if it was consigned to the dustbin of history after one try.
A great example of The Trust working with members. There were other things discussed that night many of which are still being progressed.

Thats pretty clear from the price, structure and relatively late announcement of this scheme compared to the early sale of ST's this season.
Is it a genuine gesture from the club or is it a reluctant half @rsed offer, released at the last moment in the hope most people on the fence would have bought an early bird ticket as the initial cut off date had elapsed ?  
Guess that depends on your outlook.

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 60
Tinymariner
July 31, 2018, 11:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Thanks for the info Ian, it doesn’t matter what the club do according to some negative elements of our fan base. Keep up the good work.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 60
1mickylyons
August 1, 2018, 11:33am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Thats pretty clear from the price, structure and relatively late announcement of this scheme compared to the early sale of ST's this season.
Is it a genuine gesture from the club or is it a reluctant half @rsed offer, released at the last moment in the hope most people on the fence would have bought an early bird ticket as the initial cut off date had elapsed ?  
Guess that depends on your outlook.

The whole point of this original suggestion was based on comments over a few year`s from those who wanted to support the Club financially whilst securing themselves a guaranteed seat but could NOT commit to an actual ST.I work for a company with a lot of shift workers many of whom are Town fans but very few STH. I also come in to contact with many others in the same boat locally as I am sure a lot of people do ?Then we have the large number of exiles GTFC also have who probably can`t or wont commit to a ST who always seem to suffer tremendously when we have a high demand for tickets home or away. We can all sit and moan and let`s be honest I have for year`s OR we can look to try and get the problems identified properly and addressed. This is not ideal I think we can all agree on that but it`s a good starting point and worthy of further dialogue down the line and if it helps out those mentioned it will have been a worthwhile exercise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 60
1mickylyons
August 1, 2018, 11:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Tinymariner
Thanks for the info Ian, it doesn’t matter what the club do according to some negative elements of our fan base. Keep up the good work.

People get very frustrated me included Tiny and sadly things always move at a snails pace which makes it worse still but we have to keep on and make things happen.Those who want to sit back and criticise anything and everything you will never make happy BUT sometimes they have a point and you still have to be prepared to listen.Hopefully on the pitch will take care of a lot of the noise and off the pitch I think all parties can and should do better than previous Season`s time will tell?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 60
moosey_club
August 1, 2018, 2:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

The whole point of this original suggestion was based on comments over a few year`s from those who wanted to support the Club financially whilst securing themselves a guaranteed seat but could NOT commit to an actual ST.I work for a company with a lot of shift workers many of whom are Town fans but very few STH. I also come in to contact with many others in the same boat locally as I am sure a lot of people do ?Then we have the large number of exiles GTFC also have who probably can`t or wont commit to a ST who always seem to suffer tremendously when we have a high demand for tickets home or away. We can all sit and moan and let`s be honest I have for year`s OR we can look to try and get the problems identified properly and addressed. This is not ideal I think we can all agree on that but it`s a good starting point and worthy of further dialogue down the line and if it helps out those mentioned it will have been a worthwhile exercise.

i appreciate that you have have put yourself out there and attempted to get something in place,not knocking that and apologies if any offence caused.  The way it appears now though is that you are paying MORE per game with this scheme than just getting an early bird match ticket each time you can go instead....with the only benefit being queue jumping for tickets for big games.
And that queue jumping also now dents one of the original perceived benefits of being a trust member, which once upon a time was supposed to give you priority on tickets once season ticket holders have had a nibble. I notice now that the ticket heirachy is ;

STH
SSTS
Stub holders
Trust
General sale

Pretty ironic that the trust have helped negotiate something that pushes its own members down the pecking order !!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Self select ticket scheme

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.