Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Any more?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 197 Guests

Any more?

This thread currently has 3,430 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
July 25, 2018, 11:43am
Guest User
Is that our transfer business done or do we think a couple of new faces are still to come through the door?
Hopefully we might still get Ali Kolki from Burnley and maybe another striker, but wouldn't be massively shocked if that's it for our business...
Does anyone know if jolley has said if he intends to do any more business?
jonnyboy82
July 25, 2018, 11:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Kioki and a striker would be ideal but imo maybe send cardwell out on loan if we get another in as we seem to be overloaded there but still missing a real goal threat.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
Mighty_Mariner
July 25, 2018, 12:00pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from 139847
Is that our transfer business done or do we think a couple of new faces are still to come through the door?
Hopefully we might still get Ali Kolki from Burnley and maybe another striker, but wouldn't be massively shocked if that's it for our business...
Does anyone know if jolley has said if he intends to do any more business?

Jolley said after the mat H last night that he'd still like to bring in a  couple more players before the deadline but wouldn't divulge namea/positions.

He did say they had to be the right players though.

I think we'll still see 2 or 3 more come in before the 9th.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
July 25, 2018, 12:04pm
Guest User
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Kioki and a striker would be ideal but imo maybe send cardwell out on loan if we get another in as we seem to be overloaded there but still missing a real goal threat.

Wouldn't say we're overloaded I would see cook and vernam playing a different role to hooper, cardwell etc, ideally keep hooper wide, play vernham or cook in behind a out and out striker.
Reply: 3 - 13
Cloudy
July 25, 2018, 12:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Certainly still trying for the marquee striker signing. Whether we get him or not is a different matter.

Also suggets some budget will be withheld for January to get the guys in from Sweden that MJ wants
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
LondonMariner43
July 25, 2018, 12:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
Does the window for loans and permanent signings end at the same time?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
jamesgtfc
July 25, 2018, 12:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Does the window for loans and permanent signings end at the same time?

We can't sign someone on a permanent who is contracted to another club after 9th August but we can loan players up until 31st August. Anyone who is a free agent before the window slams shut on 9th August can be signed whenever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
fiveallive
July 25, 2018, 1:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I would say Ali Koiki, another striker, cover at RB aswell. Another winger would top it off aswell. So another three or four but that might be me being greedy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
Stew0_0
July 25, 2018, 1:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 35
Think we have Hall Johnson and Clifton as right wing backs so covered there. Think just a striker and Ali Koiki and we are set. Like others have said perhaps Jolley is holding some funds back for the January transfer window as he said in the Q&A it may take a couple of windows to get the squad he wants.
Also if we get Koiki I would look to see us loan out Paul Dixon as he neither suits part of a central 3 nor a wing back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
LocalLadGTFC
July 25, 2018, 2:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3,938
Gold Stars: 129
Quoted from Stew0_0
Think we have Hall Johnson and Clifton as right wing backs so covered there. Think just a striker and Ali Koiki and we are set. Like others have said perhaps Jolley is holding some funds back for the January transfer window as he said in the Q&A it may take a couple of windows to get the squad he wants.
Also if we get Koiki I would look to see us loan out Paul Dixon as he neither suits part of a central 3 nor a wing back

I understand after Dixon's performances last season that nobody would want him at the club, but personally I feel as if he could do at job at wing back. There is obviously a player there, you don't spend all your career at a much higher level and get capped for your country if you are a shocking footballer. He's looked a lot better during this pre season and i've been impressed with him when he's played
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 13
Mighty_Mariner
July 25, 2018, 2:39pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
We've all seen the impact Slade/Wilko had on players' confidence and performance levels and how Jolley transformed some that most on here would have got rid of in a shot (Woolford/Hooper) so I see no reason why Dixon couldn't recapture form that has seen him play at a higher level.

We don't know if Jolley would have got rid had Dixon only been on a 1-ysar deal but we only have to look at Sam Kelly to know that he won't carry passengers that he doesn't think can contribute.

If ths gaffer has confidence that Dixon can do a job for us then he has my backing 100%!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
golfer
July 25, 2018, 5:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Everybody looked shite under Slade
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
KingstonMariner
July 25, 2018, 6:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from golfer
Everybody looked shite under Slade

Even Fenty and that accountant are looking better since he's gone.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
KingstonMariner
July 25, 2018, 6:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

I understand after Dixon's performances last season that nobody would want him at the club, but personally I feel as if he could do at job at wing back. There is obviously a player there, you don't spend all your career at a much higher level and get capped for your country if you are a shocking footballer. He's looked a lot better during this pre season and i've been impressed with him when he's played

It is Scotland we're talking about.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Any more?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.