This thread currently has 1,523 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Hameln Mariner
July 23, 2018, 9:52pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +134
Just back from watching Town juniors v Barton. 4-3 to Barton. Woods's lads looked tidy and played with the ball on the deck, Unfortunately there were no team sheets or announcements so I've no idea who played (or scored). I think Akheem Rose played up front but as I've seen very little of him can't be sure but he did look tidy and was very unlucky not to score with a free kick towards the end of the game. A rock hard pitch didn't help either side tbf bit it was a decent 90 minutes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
PaceyMariner
July 23, 2018, 10:35pm
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +266
Gold Stars: 4
I was there. Rose scored two, was unlucky with two great free kicks towards the end. Played on the left for most of the game, but looked better when he switched to playing down the centre. Bags of potential, but very raw.

Pacey <*))))><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
Croxton
July 23, 2018, 11:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Yes, a photocopy A4 teamsheet or announcer would have finessed an entertaining evening. Barton looked very tidy after so many new signings, even showing off their own nippy little 'Dembele' type forward player.
We tried to play through midfield but Barton were quick to close down. Slightly quicker service to Max or Ahkeem would have stretched their defence. Excellent strikes from Ahkeem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
July 24, 2018, 11:35am
Guest User
Also towards the end of the game we saw Ahkeem give a defender 10 yards start, and then closed him down with a terrific burst of speed, he completed the full 90 minutes and as previously mentioned tucked away two fine goals.
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just got back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.