4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Grim74
July 23, 2018, 9:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Good luck to him he always put in the effort when I watched him hope it works out for both parties. I  will be paying a visit to some of their games this season when town are away of course.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
MuddyWaters
July 23, 2018, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Good luck to him and them, nice to see our ex-players settling in the area.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
Mighty_Mariner
July 23, 2018, 11:16pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from jamesgtfc
South Shields had Julio Arca last season albeit the level above Clee. Clee obviously don't have the best team at that level or else they would have gone up last season but you would be surprised at some of the quality in those leagues.

Michael Coulson was playing at Scarborough last season which is only one level higher too. Ross Hannah is at Gainsborough which is one level above too. Liam Hearn plays for Basford. Unsure how they finished last season but they were in the same league as Clee last season.

Clee were comfortably looking at automatic promotion until they were handed a 12-point deduction from the FA for fielding an ineligible player, this was down to an administrative error due to Clee being new to the system. Add that onto countless fixture postponements, meaning they were playing 4 games a week come the end of the season.

Were it not for that they would have been looking at a 2nd successive promotion and with the squad they're assembling (they've got a very good goalkeeper due to sign soon) at their talented coaching team I'll certainly be putting a few weeks on them going up this year!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
promotion plaice
July 23, 2018, 11:30pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Clee were comfortably looking at automatic promotion until they were handed a 12-point deduction from the FA for fielding an ineligible player, this was down to an administrative error due to Clee being new to the system. Add that onto countless fixture postponements, meaning they were playing 4 games a week come the end of the season.

Were it not for that they would have been looking at a 2nd successive promotion and with the squad they're assembling (they've got a very good goalkeeper due to sign soon) at their talented coaching team I'll certainly be putting a few weeks on them going up this year!

Have they got a club mascot  ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
Perkins
July 24, 2018, 12:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,964
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from promotion plaice

Have they got a club mascot  ?

A Blue Owl.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
diehardmariner
July 24, 2018, 12:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
Vernon was quite poor when he was here and I definitely wasn't disappointed when his contract expired.  But he wasn't exactly surrounded by excellent player for the vast majority of his time here either.

In no way am I suggesting there was a 30-goal striker in there and we didn't get the best out of him.  But we hardly used him to his abilities.  Most of the times, especially under Slade the ball was launched over him and into the corners to chase.  Pace and bags of running isn't something Vernon had, probably never did.

Regardless, he's still had a decent professional career and is only 34.  For Clee Town he's a great signing, his experience alone should stand out at that level.  If they can get Ben Davies too that would be incredible.  He didn't look out of place at all last season, in fact in the first half of the season I thought he was our best and most consistent player alongside Summerfield.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
Heisenberg
July 24, 2018, 12:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,815
Gold Stars: 89
I should have seen this. I saw Vernon in a plumbing van yesterday in Laceby, and immediately thought it strange as I hadn’t heard he’d retired.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
arryarryarry
July 26, 2018, 4:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

I don't mean to be pedantic but the 12 points deduction was handed down by the League not the F.A.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
RonMariner
July 27, 2018, 8:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Pardon my ignorance, but are they in a higher or lower league than Grimsby Borough?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
Rob_in_Grimsby
July 27, 2018, 8:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from RonMariner
Pardon my ignorance, but are they in a higher or lower league than Grimsby Borough?

Higher than borough by two league's I belive

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clee FC,

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.