3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
July 26, 2018, 8:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Looking at the squad we've assembled so far, I think we lack a bit of depth in quality in certain areas to be outright promotion contenders. One or two key players pick up injuries or suspensions and I think we may be a bit light.

Two or three more quality signings, a left sided wing back definitely, a central midfielder probably and/or striker and I can't see us finishing outside the top ten..

Whether we get them or still have budget left is the big question. If permanent targets are missed, maybe we'll dabble in the loan market when teams higher up the pyramid finally complete their transfer business..

Injury crisis apart, still can't see us finishing in the bottom half, even if we don't make another signing..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
buckstown
July 26, 2018, 10:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,121
Gold Stars: 77
What gives me hope is that in December last season we were on the edge of the play offs despite being very very average and unable to score.
It seems MJ has added more quality, greater motivational skills and more tactical awareness. If we can get a striker in we can achieve my first objective with a degree of comfort - better than last year
After that it could be fun!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
chicaneuk
July 27, 2018, 8:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
Honestly, I'd just take us being comfortable... strong mid-table to outside the playoffs. With the aim of just building a stable, core squad and taking that into the following season and having a serious chance of promotion to league one. But I've voted for play-offs as I'd like to think that was achievable this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
Garth
July 27, 2018, 9:23am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
I voted mid table but in football nothing surprises me, too well organised this season to struggle lower mid table, but under the present regime playoff push after Xmas is a possibility.

As long as we finish a place or two above the Chelts and Veggie boys I will be happy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
dapperz fun pub
July 27, 2018, 11:01am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
I voted play offs ... the 2 assistants brought in are doing a great job I’m told , interesting sessions , good communication skills , really passionate basically everything being done is ultra professional for a change that all coupled with MJ guidance .  Also told we will be going for wins not sitting back and hopefully taking the game to the opposition, obviously this means games will be lost due to being more open but on the flip side more games should be won because of our quality... all from a player this before this conversation I would have gone mid table at best but my optimism as grown UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
dicko995
July 27, 2018, 11:20am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -249
Gold Stars: 21
cheaper pints, more meat in the pies, more onions in the burgers, and if that fails,weve always got the football to watch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Expectations

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.