BottesfordMariner
July 24, 2018, 12:01pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
i am happy to see Vernam back.

Thought he looked good when he came on loan until he got injured. Remember he came into a team that was struggling badly and on a terrible run. He injected a little bit of quality i thought. Hopefully in a better team we will see more of his potential come through. We saw what Jolley did to turn around the performances of some of the players in that run in. Will be interesting to see how the manager can improve all of the players working with them every day.

A risk? Always a potential risk when a player comes back from injury and he is another players we have signed who has limited senior football experience. But I think those of us who have seen him play will think its worth it.

Vernam himself it seems doesnt see himself as an out and out number 9.

Do we think Town will yet bring someone in with a more proven scoring record?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 115
diehardmariner
July 24, 2018, 12:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,404
Gold Stars: 532
Good signing.  Having people providing the chances is just as important as having someone to take them.

Got to discount his injury issues.  On the link to the Derby forum that someone posted earlier there's a bit of chatter about what it is that they, as a club, are doing as their youngsters have a history of injuries.  

What really stands out for me in Vernam's statement is the man management employed by Jolley, that's clearly a big factor in him signing here.  Brilliant, especially when you consider how players were 'handled' under the two previous managers.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 115
Townee82
July 24, 2018, 12:18pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
Let's hope he stays injury free . Let's hope they all stay injury free while I'm on it .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 115
July 24, 2018, 12:38pm
Guest User
Quoted from Kris2

Well done, you managed to read all the other rumours online that he's close to signing and tried to connect yourself to the story.

Good signing, shows some potential in a bad team before picking up an injury. Hopefully he'll come back stronger and want to see what he can do in a team that has high morale and wants to play.

What is your issue, all your posts are just negative digs at people. I've only posted a handful of times and you've already decided the jury is in and that I'm some sort of Bentley type poster. My information on this was genuine, Vernham went to caistor grammar school and was in my year, don't know him personally as I am at uni in Bristol and boarded in Rutland for school. I contacted friends who went to caistor who were mates with him, they asked his best mates who confirmed he was set to sign on a two year deal... Why would I choose to fabricate a sad rumour to gain respect from fishy posters who are mere names on a screen?.. We are all here to discuss the same things, I always appreciate it when people share inside knowledge on here, so on perhaps my one chance to contribute such information to the members I did.

How you can have an issue with this Kris is beyond me?

Reply: 84 - 115
Mighty_Mariner
July 24, 2018, 12:41pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
If we can keep him injury free and fit then I'm convinced this lad can be a star player in L2 for us this season. He has undoubted quality and the ability to unlock stubborn defences while chopping in with a few goals.

Add a decent out and out striker and we're looking at a very strong squad IMO!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 115
GTFCH
July 24, 2018, 12:45pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +79
Spot on Butty...crikey bring on the new season! At least then things will go back to opinions of the same thing we all can see in front of our eyes. Not this who’s a bullshitter and who isn’t game!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 115
Cloudy
July 24, 2018, 12:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I think Vernam could be a goalscorer. He is a finisher, he doesnt blast the ball, just strokes it into the corners. Given the confidence and an injury free season, he could be a very successful player for us.

BTW Butty, ignore the trolls and keep posting
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 115
horsforthmariner
July 24, 2018, 12:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,588
Gold Stars: 9
Pleased with this. I'm feeling ever more confident as the weeks go by. It seems like we've got a pretty good squad I'm really looking forward to FGR now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 115
July 24, 2018, 12:54pm
Guest User
Cheers lads , looking forward to the game tonight! Roll on the season
Reply: 89 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Charles Vernam

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.