2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
d3d4
July 22, 2018, 3:46pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +40
Hi guys,

Nearly time for the big kick-off! Have a listen to our League Two preview podcast as we list where we think each team will finish 1-24 in 2018/19

Gutted for Elliott Whitehouse btw

[url]http://d3d4football.com/d3d4-football-podcast-ep47-league-two-201819-preview/[/url]

Thanks

James
Logged Offline
Private Message
hheh2
July 22, 2018, 4:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Look forward to listening to it and throughout the season!

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
GtfcGarner
July 22, 2018, 6:19pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
Just sat and listened to it all and seems you guys have got a good base of knowledge. I think 8th for us is very very generous but I wouldn't be moaning if the prediction was right, I feel like we will be floating around mid-table but not threaten the play-offs. We are in need of someone who is capable of scoring goals and someone who chips in from midfield.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
Cloudy
July 22, 2018, 9:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Just sat and listened to it all and seems you guys have got a good base of knowledge. I think 8th for us is very very generous but I wouldn't be moaning if the prediction was right, I feel like we will be floating around mid-table but not threaten the play-offs. We are in need of someone who is capable of scoring goals and someone who chips in from midfield.

But despite living liocally you've already said you will only attend a game here or there
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
GrimRob
July 22, 2018, 9:47pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from GtfcGarner

8th would be a gut-wrenching place to finish! It's like finishing 4th in the Olympics. I think I'd rather finish 10th!  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 10
GtfcGarner
July 22, 2018, 10:02pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

But despite living liocally you've already said you will only attend a game here or there

I said I’m not buying a season ticket. Your reply has no correlation to my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
Cloudy
July 23, 2018, 6:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from GtfcGarner

I said I’m not buying a season ticket. .

quote=2257] will try get to a few games but as others have stated total lack of vision from the board. Just imagine if a player has to choose between say us and Macclesfield same wages ect.. Training ground looks like it’s about to collapse I’m surprised health and safety haven’t had a field day there, Blundell Park is on the verge of collapse it’s just embarrassing. The transfers haven’t really gripped me either .[/quote]
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
horsforthmariner
July 23, 2018, 9:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,575
Gold Stars: 8
Really enjoyed that. I do think 8th is the top end of where we will finish, I said to my mate I thought about 12th. It reminded me that there are a lot of truly awful teams. Think Macclesfield and Tranmere will do a little better than you predict and hopefully Lincoln a lot worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
ginnywings
July 23, 2018, 9:53am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
I know it's all a bit of fun, but predicting league outcomes is a totally pointless exercise i think. What do you base it on exactly? To my mind, we could finish anywhere from 1st to 24th, as we could any other season. The balance of probabilities suggest we should finish nearer the top than the bottom given the size of our club compared to others in the division, but it has never worked that way has it? It's what makes sport all the more fun, and is exactly what is killing the top end of the game, knowing that a handful of teams will walk away with all the prizes.

The theory for us seems to be that " we haven't signed any recognised names, especially a striker" or "we haven't had a good pre season" or " we were rubbish last season, so mid table will be an improvement".

Last season has gone, most of the players have gone, Slade has gone. So for me, there is no reason why we can't get in the top 7 and get promotion. Not saying we will, but there's absolutely no reason why we can't, as this league isn't exactly brimming with wonderful sides. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and see how it goes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
GtfcGarner
July 23, 2018, 9:55am

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

quote=2257] will try get to a few games but as others have stated total lack of vision from the board. Just imagine if a player has to choose between say us and Macclesfield same wages ect.. Training ground looks like it’s about to collapse I’m surprised health and safety haven’t had a field day there, Blundell Park is on the verge of collapse it’s just embarrassing. The transfers haven’t really gripped me either .

[/quote]

Which was on the original thread of ‘Are you buying a season ticket?’ I don’t know what the gripe is?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › League Two 2018/19 Preview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.