2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
wigworld
July 21, 2018, 4:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29
https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk/uncategorized/football-must-win-this-one/

Well done to Boreham Wood for bringing this out into the open.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
golfer
July 21, 2018, 5:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Shouldn't this have been reported to the police-clearly blackmail ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
moosey_club
July 21, 2018, 5:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
If true good luck to them.  

I do think that the world of football is pretty corrupt throughout, sometimes clubs win and hence some clubs lose. Tapping up players, managers, coaches goes on all through the game, i cannot imagine there is a single football club that has not breached the rules...its normally just whether or not you accept it happens and take the money/compensation.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
fiveallive
July 21, 2018, 5:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
It's really strange I was going post a thread asking if Morgan Ferrier is worth a gamble with is troubled background as a youth player.

I feel for Boreham Wood had a very good season lost best player to Lincoln I think, Ferrier as some blame just like the agent telling them he wants to stay and then sending a email out. Boreham Wood have done everything by the book and £35,000 is very cheap these days for a striker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
Mighty_Mariner
July 21, 2018, 7:15pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Fair play to BW for publicising this 'agent' the who clearly thinks he can hilly his way into getting what he wants.

What I don't understand though is if the contract states a buying club must pay at least 35k...how can they decline Wimbledons offer of 35k?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
Grantley
July 21, 2018, 7:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Have to laugh at Boreham Wood taking the moral high ground over something like this.

The same club who charge opposition media teams to record the match and won’t let them in otherwise. They don’t even let clubs show highlights without paying for it.

The same club who wrote THIS statement:
https://www.borehamwoodfootbal.....aughable-accusation/

The chairman is known for being a petulant child in his statements, all sounds quite familiar.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
jamesgtfc
July 21, 2018, 7:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Fair play to BW for publicising this 'agent' the who clearly thinks he can hilly his way into getting what he wants.

What I don't understand though is if the contract states a buying club must pay at least 35k...how can they decline Wimbledons offer of 35k?

To trigger the clause, clubs have to go via the appropriate channels, offer over £35k and also agree with Boreham Wood an appropriate sell on clause. In theory Boreham Wood could hold out for a 100% sell on clause.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
arryarryarry
July 21, 2018, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Grantley
Have to laugh at Boreham Wood taking the moral high ground over something like this.

The same club who charge opposition media teams to record the match and won’t let them in otherwise. They don’t even let clubs show highlights without paying for it.

The same club who wrote THIS statement:
https://www.borehamwoodfootbal.....aughable-accusation/

The chairman is known for being a petulant child in his statements, all sounds quite familiar.

Agree, I know several people in the media and they all think that Boreham Wood are a bunch of tossers.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
golfer
July 21, 2018, 10:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Quoted from jamesgtfc

To trigger the clause, clubs have to go via the appropriate channels, offer over £35k and also agree with Boreham Wood an appropriate sell on clause. In theory Boreham Wood could hold out for a 100% sell on clause.

As you point out it's the sell on clause which is the stumbling block. It's alright Boreham Wood pleading the innocent party but the contract is stacked in their favour. If another club offered £1 million they couldn't be forced to sell. When I first read this report I was in complete agreement with B.Wood but reading it again I can feel some sympathy for the player. The present agent is completely out of order but the previous agent didn't do the player any favours in getting him to sign this contract.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
Mrs Doyle
July 22, 2018, 5:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Reading that the real "BENT" basturd sounds like the player's new agent.

Simple solution for Morgan................get rid of your agent and apologise to your current club/chairman and supporters.

The late Brian Clough would have told that agent a few things lol.

Players agents are creaming off the big money for years robbing twhats,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boreham Wood unscrupulous agents

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.