Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › iFollow Support - Useless!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 233 Guests

iFollow Support - Useless!

This thread currently has 2,028 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
July 21, 2018, 9:05am
Guest User
Every time I want to watch a video I get a message asking me to subscribe, I thought I was subscribed due to a recurring subscription.  Anyway I decided to contact them through their 'Contact Us' tab.  I filled in the form and completed the Captcha, 6 TIMES!!  Every time it said the Captcha was wrong, but I double checked every time, this is not good enough.

So, does anyone have a telephone number for someone I can talk to to remedy this problem, as they don't provide one!
sutton mariner
July 21, 2018, 9:06am
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
Got the same thing. My annual subscription was started on the first day of the season last year, but has seemingly expired already. Anyone else on an annual sub had this?

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
Cloudy
July 21, 2018, 9:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I'm clearly in the minority on here but I don't see why I should pay to read/listen to the managers post match opinions. At this time of season in particular the club should be flooding local media outlets with news to try and drum up interest ( and sales of tickets merchandise etc) not keeping info to for those who are 'into' the club anyway

Appreciate it is different to exiles, especially those overseas
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
gtfcmd
July 21, 2018, 11:42am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +210
Gold Stars: 3
its a waste of time paying for it you can all ways get the videos of interviews etc on youtube before on ifollow but i pay £4.99 a month for nothing really
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
July 21, 2018, 12:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from gtfcmd
its a waste of time paying for it you can all ways get the videos of interviews etc on youtube before on ifollow but i pay £4.99 a month for nothing really

Well I have just Googled Rotherham United v Grimsby Town, which is after the video appeared on iFollow, and the earliest video I can get is from 1 year ago and that was an under 18 match.

Reply: 4 - 10
grimsby pete
July 21, 2018, 1:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Living in Suffolk I subscribe so I can see all highlights or full games that I am unable to attend.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
diehardmariner
July 21, 2018, 2:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,589
Gold Stars: 538
Is there anything in the accounts to say how much the club make from this? Can't imagine it's much.

Surely the club would make more money in the long run by having all content freely available, therefore drumming up interest in the club.
Suppose it's just another example of a short sighted approach.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
Gaffer58
July 21, 2018, 2:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Out of interest is every EFL club signed up for this or do the clubs have a choice about joining?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
diehardmariner
July 21, 2018, 2:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,589
Gold Stars: 538
https://www.efl.com/iFollow/faqs/

Quoted Text
Why are some clubs not currently offering iFollow?

iFollow is only available to clubs playing in the EFL during the 2017/18 season and who have opted in to utilise the iFollow platform. Any club which is not listed above will still be able to offer fans live match audio commentary of their games, but will provide their fans with access through their own club digital services should they wish to. We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of Accrington Stanley, Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Bristol City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Forest Green Rovers, Fulham, Hull City, Middlesbrough, Queens Park Rangers, Sunderland and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

If you are a fan of one of these clubs please contact your club for more information.

Why do fans in the UK and Republic of Ireland not have the same access to iFollow as international fans?

Under the EFL’s existing broadcast agreement with Sky Sports clubs are unable to offer fans in the UK or Republic of Ireland the same access to iFollow as international fans.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
KingstonMariner
July 21, 2018, 5:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from diehardmariner
Is there anything in the accounts to say how much the club make from this? Can't imagine it's much.

Surely the club would make more money in the long run by having all content freely available, therefore drumming up interest in the club.
Suppose it's just another example of a short sighted approach.

The accounts don't breakout income beyond broad headings like 'match day', 'media', 'commercial' and 'other'.

What is the subs, £60 a year? Times say 1000 subscribers = £60,000, most of which probably goes to the service provider. A few tens of thousands of pounds a year maybe to Town.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › iFollow Support - Useless!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.