Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fan or Supporter??
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 133 Guests

Fan or Supporter??

This thread currently has 4,323 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
FishOutOfWater
July 23, 2018, 1:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from MarinerMal
Since I was 7 or 8 and my uncle took me to an Arsenal game at Highbury, in the mid 70's, I've always followed their results and wanted them to do well. I was going to Grimsby games from before then and it's so its always GTFC who have been my team.

I've been a regular to BP throughout the years. There was a little break in the 90's were I didn't get to many games but I've been a season ticket holder for most of the past decade.

I'm not sure if following Arsenal's results and wishing they do well (unless they are playing Grimsby ofc) takes anything away from my support of GTFC.

Football always seems more interesting to me when you have a vested interest in one side winning for one reason or another.

I get that.... like always wanting Man U to lose

The only time I was torn on this was when they played the MK Dongs - if only they both could have lost!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 31
Les Brechin
July 23, 2018, 2:24pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Supporter of Grimsby Town

Fan of Brechin City (I have been to 2 Brechin away games, but not yet to the uniquely quaint Glebe Park, have it on my list to do in the next couple of seasons)

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fan or Supporter??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.