Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fan or Supporter??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 102 Guests

Fan or Supporter??

This thread currently has 4,355 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
July 22, 2018, 2:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
I enjoy watching all grades of football from the Sunday league up to the World Cup,

The only two teams that disappoint me are Town and England,

BECAUSE,

I do not care a stuff about other teams just I enjoy watching football.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
SuperDan16
July 22, 2018, 4:01pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +49
I’ve always received plenty of abuse about being a supposed ‘two team w____r’ for having allegiances with Grimsby Town and Manchester United. I’m from Urmston in Manchester originally and moved to Grimsby at an early age when my mum (originally from here) came home. Since being old enough to appreciate the game, I have followed both teams, had shirts and other merchandise etc. My first match was seeing Town in 1997 and have been going semi-regularly since (only ever had one season ticket as I can’t go to every game due to my work schedule involving weekends) whilst at the same time going to Old Trafford as often as possible. As well as this, I also go and watch Cleethorpes Town and Grimsby Borough, so does this make me a four team w_____r? I don’t really know, all I do know is I enjoy football and will continue to do so
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
grimsby pete
July 22, 2018, 4:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from SuperDan16
I’ve always received plenty of abuse about being a supposed ‘two team w____r’ for having allegiances with Grimsby Town and Manchester United. I’m from Urmston in Manchester originally and moved to Grimsby at an early age when my mum (originally from here) came home. Since being old enough to appreciate the game, I have followed both teams, had shirts and other merchandise etc. My first match was seeing Town in 1997 and have been going semi-regularly since (only ever had one season ticket as I can’t go to every game due to my work schedule involving weekends) whilst at the same time going to Old Trafford as often as possible. As well as this, I also go and watch Cleethorpes Town and Grimsby Borough, so does this make me a four team w_____r? I don’t really know, all I do know is I enjoy football and will continue to do so

Good for you Dan,, I think most on here would understand that,

The W..kers they do not like are the ones who do not support their home team but join the band wagon of a successful club that they have no connection with.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
ginnywings
July 22, 2018, 4:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Only two teams can elicit the same feeling in me, GTFC and England, and it's definitely stronger for GTFC. I could go and watch Barcelona v Real Madrid, with a plethora of world class players on show, appreciate the skill and the passion of the fans, but ultimately, would never ever feel what i do watching Town. Nothing will ever match that feeling watching Town win promotions under McMenemy, Kerr and especially Buckley, who got us playing some of the most exciting football I've ever seen at any level. I think this is what's kept me going for the last 15 years of almost universal dross. We get the odd glimpse of how it used to be, the Wembley win over FGR for example, but i keep up that affiliation, hoping that one day it will return, and if it does, there is no better feeling. It's been a very thin gruel for a very long time, but if and when it comes good, the wait will make it all the sweeter. No other team, apart from maybe England winning a major competition, could get anywhere near to that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
AndyDarloFC
July 22, 2018, 4:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Darlo Fan, but got a massive soft spot for Grimsby and I can enjoy the Town games aswell as feeling drunk off when they lose.

Two team male masturbator over here.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 31
Gaffer58
July 22, 2018, 9:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Darlo Fan, but got a massive soft spot for Grimsby and I can enjoy the Town games aswell as feeling drunk off when they lose.

Two team male masturbator over here.

So Darlington is your local team and Grimsby your bigger team you follow from afar!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
AndyDarloFC
July 22, 2018, 9:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 31
newarkmariner
July 22, 2018, 11:01pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
I find it very difficult to get excited about watching anyone else but Town and England, its in my blood, it started in 1972,its my late fathers fault he used to drag us to BP when he was home from sea. Being honest when I lived in Newcastle I got free season tickets to watch them through work and I went quite regular because I couldn't get to GY, the trouble was I felt no emotion for them, win loose or draw I wasn't bothered, i never got butterflies in my stomach on match days like I do when I pull a town shirt on and set off to see my beloved mariners.So the answer to the question Fan or Supporter is neither because I am GTFC and they are me,UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
FishOutOfWater
July 23, 2018, 12:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,568
Gold Stars: 37
I'm a fanatical supporter of GTFC... just the one club for me, although I do follow the results of a few other clubs as a result of where I've lived and had mates who have allegiances to their own (local) clubs
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 31
MarinerMal
July 23, 2018, 1:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
Since I was 7 or 8 and my uncle took me to an Arsenal game at Highbury, in the mid 70's, I've always followed their results and wanted them to do well. I was going to Grimsby games from before then and it's so its always GTFC who have been my team.

I've been a regular to BP throughout the years. There was a little break in the 90's were I didn't get to many games but I've been a season ticket holder for most of the past decade.

I'm not sure if following Arsenal's results and wishing they do well (unless they are playing Grimsby ofc) takes anything away from my support of GTFC.

Football always seems more interesting to me when you have a vested interest in one side winning for one reason or another.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fan or Supporter??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.