Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fan or Supporter??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 220 Guests

Fan or Supporter??

This thread currently has 4,349 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
July 21, 2018, 8:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
I had a debate last night with a good mate and he didn't get where I was coming from....
It stemmed around this...
I am a GTFC supporter but not always a GTFC fan,  I buy a season ticket, home and away shirt every season, jesus, I've even bought the GTFC mug and beach towel, so in short, I put money into the GTFC pot ans SUPPORT my beloved club...even if I'm not a FAN of the clubs running or style of football that's been played over the last couple of seasons..
I am a fan of Man Utd, from being a boy I've enjoyed watching them play from the comfort if my arm chair, never been to Old Trafford and never bought any merchandise, thus I am not a SUPPORTER but a FAN...
So, are you a,FAN or SUPPORTER??...answers on a postcard please...
Logged Offline
Private Message
SteffiMariner
July 21, 2018, 8:33am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Two team male masturbator..  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
Balthazar Bullitt
July 21, 2018, 8:44am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
What are you on about?

And for your information I'm just a hunk, a hunk of burning love

[img]https://billmain.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/elvis1.jpg?w=838[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
lukeo
July 21, 2018, 9:01am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,350
Gold Stars: 142
I'm a supporter, fan and lover of GTFC.

I like to follow Exeter and watch them from time to time. Every season I have a bet on promotions and this year I've gone with Derby, Scunny, Grimsby and Wrexham so i'll be 'following' their results.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
promotion plaice
July 21, 2018, 9:01am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

I am also a fan/supporter (call it what you want) of two teams......GTFC who I watch regularly and England that I have been to see about three times.

I have two pals that live in Cleethorpes that never watch Town but who are ardent Chelsea fans on the telly..... I don't think they have ever been to Stamford Bridge.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
Cloudy
July 21, 2018, 9:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Fan or supporter? Just a play on words.

I consider myself an ardent Town fan, go home and at least half of away games.

If 'fan' is short for fanatic then both my wife and daughter would certainly call me a fan
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 21, 2018, 9:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
years ago when I lived in London, I was lucky enough that the company I worked for had season tickets at Stamford bridge so was lucky enough to go and watch Chelsea and, having followed (supported?) them for a good few years before that enjoyed going to the games.

But, what I didn't get as much, was the amount of passion and enjoyment that I got from watching town play. Nothing has ever been able to replace that buzz of being stood/sat in the pontoon, or away end, with familiar faces. It doesn't matter if there is only 100 people for a Lincs cup game or 8000 for a league game. You can see what it means to people.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
HackneyHaddock
July 21, 2018, 9:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
The words can be used interchangeably.  I'm not sure why people feel the need to try to outbid one another on their devotion and fealty.

In a town like ours and given where the team are, it's likely that there are a lot of people in the town who will have a Premiership team or have connections to other teams through family.  I don't see them as "traitors" and the club should be cultivating everyone in the town with an interest in football to feel at least some affinity with their local club so that we can get a few more of those Premiership/SkySports football-watchers down to BP for a live game experience watching their own Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
RoboCod
July 21, 2018, 9:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I'd say you're a 'follower' of Man Utd. You follow their results and follow their progress on TV. But not having been to Old Trafford or bought any merchandise isn't the true description of a fan, as posted above it's short for fanatic.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
jock dock tower
July 21, 2018, 10:20am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Grimsby Town and Auchinleck Talbot have equal shares of my undevoted attention, unqualified love, and of course, support.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fan or Supporter??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.