KingstonMariner
July 21, 2018, 1:41am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The early bird discount is also a term used by the club for those that buy tickets from when they are released on sale up until 2 hours before kick off. It is the same offer Lincoln have just introduced but we don't charge people £10 for the privilege and have been doing it for years now.

Been said many times before but we need to understand the working patterns of our fan base. At any point of the season, fans should be able to specify 5 games they can attend and buy tickets at a discounted rate similar to the discount a season ticket offers.

Oh right. I stand corrected. Thought he was talking about the early bird discount on STs.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
Helgy
July 21, 2018, 8:25am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
The reason its been done is we only have limited general sale tickets ,so being in a membership scheme with a priority makes sense.
The smaller the away following the better it is for our fans as more tickets are available.
It is mainly for exiles and people who work a lot of Saturdays so can't make all the games you also get a fiver voucher for the club shop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
Mendonca1995
July 21, 2018, 9:14am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Who cares what lincoln are doing ffs

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
pen penfras
July 21, 2018, 9:53am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Been said many times before but we need to understand the working patterns of our fan base. At any point of the season, fans should be able to specify 5 games they can attend and buy tickets at a discounted rate similar to the discount a season ticket offers.

But they already can go to those 5 games with a £10 discount, whereas at Lincoln, you'd end up paying the full price.

Jesus, anything to have a go at the club and look up to the forward thinking imps that have just introduced a worse scheme than us, years later and get praised for it...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 21, 2018, 9:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Not as good an offer as it seams...........

23 league games at Lincoln @ full price = £506
23 league games at Lincoln with "MyGimps" = £470    (Saving £46 less £10 = £36)

23 league games at Grimsby @ full price = £483
23 league game with "Early Bird" = £437   (Saving £46)

Based on Stacey West and Pontoon/Lower Youngs

Plus the other saving is you only have to watch the knuckle draggers once with the early bird

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
jamesgtfc
July 21, 2018, 10:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pen penfras

But they already can go to those 5 games with a £10 discount, whereas at Lincoln, you'd end up paying the full price.

Jesus, anything to have a go at the club and look up to the forward thinking imps that have just introduced a worse scheme than us, years later and get praised for it...

At no point was I having a go at the club. I just think that a five game commitment should be better rewarded than a one game commitment bought on the morning of a match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
Grantham_Mariner
July 21, 2018, 11:02am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from promotion plaice

Season ticket holder for the last few seasons.....so does this mean if I buy my ticket on the day before 12.30 I get £2 off ?

Yes you can get £2 off every game by buying 3 hrs or so  before a game. (Except Upper Youngs)

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › "MyImps" membership scheme

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.