This thread currently has 10,663 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
TheCodfather1966
July 23, 2018, 6:01pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
The saddest fact on this forum is that because so-called fans cannot think of anything productive to say about GTFC, they start attacking a club / regime that has got nothing to do with them whatsoever.  Almost the same as the constant obession by a few on here about Lincoln City and what they are up to.  I am GTFC 100% and don't give a flying f**k what other teams are doing, merely my own team.  Back to my original point if we was ever lucky enough for Fenty to disappear and a decent chairman with money to burn got involved, would we all be saying this was unfair if suddenly our budget was far higher than any other team.................  Get a grip...............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 74
rancido
July 23, 2018, 8:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from marinerdazza

Oh Christ, don’t even get me started on second teams..  

Now the idea of a " second team " is a concept I just cannot understand unless of course it is your National team eg England.

As regards Chairmen/Board members donating/pumping money into a club then this is nothing new. Back in the mid 60's the Hull Chairman ( Harold Needler , owner of Needlers Chocolate ) gifted the club a considerable sum of money purely to purchase players. The club persuaded three players from the higher divisions ( Ken Wagstaffe  was one of them ) to sign for them with the sole intention of gaining promotion. I do believe they were runaway champions that season although town managed to draw with them at Boothferry Park and we beat them at BP.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 74
KingstonMariner
July 23, 2018, 9:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MarinerMal

Why can't we have Fenty out AND Jolley have a good transfer budget? What makes you think they are in anyway mutually exclusive?

How about this. Fenty leaves and someone comes who is more capable of running a football club,  without sending the club spiraling down the divisions, out of the football league and bringing the club almost to it's knee's.Then maybe with the club now being run so much better it generates more income and therefore Jolley gets a larger transfer budget. Result: Fenty is out and Jolley has a good transfer budget.

We don't need his money, he takes money out nowadays.

For the record, I've never complained about the transfer budget and can't remember hearing anyone claiming the need for a larger transfer budget either. Not this close season at least.

Corrected it for you.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 74
TheCodfather1966
July 23, 2018, 10:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
One thing is massively clear at GTFC, love him or hate him, we are certainly going nowhere under Fenty's leadership at Board level.  Looking at our current squad and how the other teams have strengthened, it is pretty clear we are in for a very hard season again, and if we finish much above the bottom four or five I would be surprised.  How many of our current squad are decent players that you could mould a team around ?  It will be a long hard season, we all know it, but at the start of any season we all harbour delusions of grandeur, and at least for four or five games we all think we can have a good season.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 74
TheCodfather1966
July 23, 2018, 10:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
One thing is massively clear at GTFC, love him or hate him, we are certainly going nowhere under Fenty's leadership at Board level.  Looking at our current squad and how the other teams have strengthened, it is pretty clear we are in for a very hard season again, and if we finish much above the bottom four or five I would be surprised.  How many of our current squad are decent players that you could mould a team around ?  It will be a long hard season, we all know it, but at the start of any season we all harbour delusions of grandeur, and at least for four or five games we all think we can have a good season.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Salford City

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.