8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
VinnyGTFC
July 22, 2018, 11:48am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
It's good to see proper football people advancing a club in this way. Makes a change from the likes of the Allams who haven't a clue about the game. Refreshing and anyone who thinks not maybe need to check if it isn't a bit of jealousy
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 74
TAGG
July 22, 2018, 12:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Don’t think there would be this amount of hand ringing jealous crying if it was Town.
Pathetic 🤡

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 74
codcheeky
July 22, 2018, 2:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
They have chosen to invest their money in a local football team, hats off to them for taking every advantage and opportunity they can, too many have their head in the sand if they think it was ever a level laying field. Some clubs  have gone into administration multiple times to get an advantage, there are very few morals in football and there never where
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 74
codcheeky
July 22, 2018, 2:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from codcheeky
They have chosen to invest their money in a local football team, hats off to them for taking every advantage and opportunity they can, too many have their head in the sand if they think it was ever a level playing field. Some clubs  have gone into administration multiple times to get an advantage, there are very few morals in football and there never where

Private Message
Reply: 53 - 74
Bigdog
July 22, 2018, 2:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Twenty years ago, if anyone thought that twenty years on we couldn't compete with Fleetwood for players, Burton Albion would have consistently played at least two leagues above us for the past decade, Donny would be a much bigger club, we would be looking enviously over at Sincil Bank and fans are worried about the likes of a Salford City, they'd have been sectioned. The game of football is moving swiftly and we seem to be permanently anchored to stagnation at best. And by standing still, it actually means you're going backwards in comparison to our peers.

We are floundering as a club when it comes to progression and most fans just seem to accept it clinging onto past glories and supposed admirable traditional footballing principles that died years ago. No wonder we're looked down at as bottom feeders in the Football League. The attitudes and resignation of a vast section of our fans really doesn't help and gives the real roadblock to our progression a relatively trouble free ride.

It's like a large proportion of our fan base have turned back into happy clapping died in the wool lemmings because we look like we've got a half decent management team that will squeeze every ounce out of a poor infrastructure. It's a bit of hope built on extremely rocky and temporary foundations yet we seem to have a pack of wolves hunting down any sign of dissension or doubt.

Pointing fingers at every other club who seem to be progressing in the right direction saying that's unfair or this isn't the way to do things like clubs have always done. I don't get it myself. Has the fight gone out of our fan base or have I forgotten that it's always been the Grimsby way?

Just seems like everyone is resting on their laurels because we've maybe got MJ for a couple of years. How many years since the last proper new stadium update? And six months since the Trust survey. Are we sleepwalking into obscurity or is there anything progressive going on in the background?

At least the players have got that new fangled Sky TV thingy at the training ground and a new washing machine..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 74
KingstonMariner
July 22, 2018, 2:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I think we're sleepwalking (or in severe danger of it) Bigdog. But if the only alternative is to sell our soul I'd rather not play that banjo. In actuality I think there is another way, where we harness the potential of the whole fanbase and community. But there doesn't seem to be the will.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 74
AndyDarloFC
July 22, 2018, 3:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Hate Salford and everything about them, what they’ve become and how they suddenly think they are billy big balderdash.

So much hypocrisy from the class of 92 from when they originally took over. Really hope it goes mammaries for these shithouses.

The media can intercourse right off with the amount of attention they give them too. There’s so many more non league clubs deserving of some of the spotlight too. Just remember Salford.

#AgainstAllOdds intercourse OFF!

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 56 - 74
marinerdazza
July 22, 2018, 4:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Hate Salford and everything about them, what they’ve become and how they suddenly think they are billy big balderdash.

So much hypocrisy from the class of 92 from when they originally took over. Really hope it goes mammaries for these shithouses.

The media can intercourse right off with the amount of attention they give them too. There’s so many more non league clubs deserving of some of the spotlight too. Just remember Salford.

#AgainstAllOdds intercourse OFF!

I suspect there wouldn’t be quite as much “well done Salford” on here if we were in the conference and had just seen them buy one of the promotion spots. I’m as amazed at some of the pro Salford responses as they appear to be at mine.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 74
TheCodfather1966
July 22, 2018, 4:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
This is pure jealousy, nothing more nothing less.  If all the so-called anti Salford brigade are so against this, would they be so against any former town players sinking money into GTFC .................  I think not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 74
KingstonMariner
July 22, 2018, 4:55pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
This is pure jealousy, nothing more nothing less.  If all the so-called anti Salford brigade are so against this, would they be so against any former town players sinking money into GTFC .................  I think not.

That is such an unlikely scenario it’s barely hypothetical.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Salford City

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.