8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
July 21, 2018, 6:42am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
I'd just put my bet on for the season aswell and put Wrexham to win the national league   I still would go Wrexham but i bet Salford have dropped in and Wrexham's price has gone out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 74
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 21, 2018, 7:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Was chatting to a Man Utd 'fan' over a few beers last night and he piped up with:

, ' but why do you actually support shitty Grimsby when you only get to see them a few times a year!'

Gobsmacked was an understatement.

'We may be excrement, but those few hours, spent with mates, watching our team play is something you can't get through watching it on tv!'

This Man Utd 'fan' last went to a game in 2003 and says it's cheaper to watch it on tv! Says it all really about how the millions (billions) pumped into the game at the top level alienates the true meaning of what football can give someone

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 74
Cloudy
July 21, 2018, 7:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think that's a real sweeping generalisation.

Pot/kettle?
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 74
topuphere666
July 21, 2018, 10:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Nathan Pond has gone there too. Absolute rock of a CB when we had him! He would walk into any league 2 starting 11.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 74
Mrs Doyle
July 21, 2018, 11:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
At least the Man Utd consortium are putting some of their wealth back into football in this country most would invest in properties abroad. exotic Holidays luxury cars urine it away etc, etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 74
TheCodfather1966
July 21, 2018, 2:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Good on them I say.  Why the hell can't the ex Man Utd players back a new venture in the City they all love.  I think what they are doing at Salford City is good for football.  I would far rather these ex players are backing a new small venture, rather than sticking their money into an already successful club.  Good luck to Salford City, and at 7/1 a cracking bet to win the Vanarama this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 74
HertsGTFC
July 21, 2018, 6:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
It’s simple, teams generally achieve success by having better players, better players cost more, it’s been that way for decades it’s just more visible and there’s more cash floating around in the multi media age we live in.

All that said there needs to be some rules in place that provide these clubs some sustainable future away from people pumping money in, sooner or later these backers lose interest.

I’d not be too bothered but that tw@t Gary Neville really grinds my gears.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 74
promotion plaice
July 21, 2018, 7:02pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

In the TV series I had to laugh when Sky pundit Neville found out his club Salford City had a Sky dodgy box.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 74
rancido
July 22, 2018, 10:53am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from HertsGTFC
It’s simple, teams generally achieve success by having better players, better players cost more, it’s been that way for decades it’s just more visible and there’s more cash floating around in the multi media age we live in.

All that said there needs to be some rules in place that provide these clubs some sustainable future away from people pumping money in, sooner or later these backers lose interest.

I’d not be too bothered but that tw@t Gary Neville really grinds my gears.

Does this mean you are totally against anyone donating money to a club to further it's advancement or make it financially secure. At a more local level then, the " benign loan " by JF to GTFC is better than him donating the club that money? Instead of  " pumping money into the club " he is lending the club money until it is in a position to repay it.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 74
HertsGTFC
July 22, 2018, 11:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from rancido

Does this mean you are totally against anyone donating money to a club to further it's advancement or make it financially secure. At a more local level then, the " benign loan " by JF to GTFC is better than him donating the club that money? Instead of  " pumping money into the club " he is lending the club money until it is in a position to repay it.

No I said .........

" All that said there needs to be some rules in place that provide these clubs some sustainable future away from people pumping money in, sooner or later these backers lose interest".

If someone spends loads of money on a club by subsiding it's cost base (salaries etc.. ) and then they walk away that hardly leaves a club financially secure. I have no problem with people putting money into what they want but you need to have a balance between spending on players fees and wages and building infrastructure so if the benefactor disappears the club could still meet it's costs and stand on it's own two feet.

Would I rather GTFC where given money rather than loaned it? Absolutely, but which ever way the club secures income I'd prefer it to be spent wisely and not on players earning £4K a week in a tin pot league.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Salford City

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.